Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Ok. I missed "+ mulligan" part. If 50 comes with mulligan, personally I might like it better than what we have now.

However, this may be already a sad news for some people (or many people?) because this means new cards design and balancing has to be stopped until we decide if we are doing 50+mulligans. This is about fundamentals of game mechanics. We now know that new cards won't come out until wulven decide on this.

Great new? hell no. It contradicts with wulven's past few weeks attempt to show that progress has been made in development, because this may well give impression that no new develpment in card design is going to happen until we get settled on this.

I still think you must give thorough explanation on this.

P.S. I can wait.
    My guess is they are already heading that way and LL part 1 was created with that in mind.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    New cards design and balancing has been stopped until single player campaigns come out, that is the focus of the design team now.

From a business point of view, change to 50+mulligans is great because it shakes up the meta and people buy more cards. Sorry, just being honest! heheh

But the decision is ultimately Gondorian's based off of player feedback and actual testing. However, I don't think it will hold up LL Part 2 in any way, and if it would, I would say wait until Part 2 is released before any decision is made...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    kyle when will u start playing
    ign: SK Frost2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like it more if, instead of having only one option for 50 cards minimum, I had a bar to adjust the deck size to my liking. That way I would like to play on a tournament with 40 card-decks, or 50 or 120.
    This would make a clear red line between fun and competition.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    From a business point of view, change to 50+mulligans is great because it shakes up the meta and people buy more cards. Sorry, just being honest! heheh
    Lol, Definitely like your honesty Kyle, as always, and overall all the news in this thread are welcome additions.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    However, this may be already a sad news for some people (or many people?) because this means new cards design and balancing has to be stopped until we decide if we are doing 50+mulligans. This is about fundamentals of game mechanics. We now know that new cards won't come out until wulven decide on this.
    Hi Kylt. Thanks for your honesty.

I appreciate you not giving away info about the design process that you might know from the PFG, but I think everyone knows the rough process: card ideas are raw and unbalanced at first, then they get tested, then they get tweaked, then they get released and potentially tweaked again. So to put a halt on all design while we find out if a new minimum deck size works for us would not be very wise when there are steps we can be making along the process. Aside from that, the introduction of new cards can throw off balance too so there's an argument to introduce the deck size at the same time as the new cards and only seek overall balance once rather than separately. But since we've halted the release of new cards to focus on campaign, as confirmed by Kyle above (and by me previously), it's kind of moot for now.

Seems like the stars are aligning nicely to give us this chance to try out some new configurations in multiplayer while the single player experience is also being improved. It's a good time to be a player, I would say, and while some might be sad that brand new cards aren't coming out in the very near future, there's a lot of progress being made in other areas that have lacked to date - I think this might be why some people complained that LL was coming out at all before the Kickstarter was delivered.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think having bigger deck size is good and i support it. it would be good to see increase to 60 cards also so we can move away from cheap rush mages and ally praxix and other decks that are too consistent and locks the game at early turns.

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    OK cool but now imagine a tournament, you can choose who goes first on first 2 games and the match is tied. Who goes first in third game will be key and much more important than ever. Remember that tournament matches are played in unrated.

Don't get me wrong, these are good news but I think that most se players are tcg old players and have tried mulligan before so we all know what is good and bad about it even without having tried it here. Hearthstone uses a coin to avoid first turn advantage, SE should implement something similar. That's just my 2 cents.

Keep the good work and thx for listening your player base.
    they are doing -1 mulligan so even if player one does he loses advantage while player 2 compensates for first turn draw
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree mindy aggro will still be viable but it wont be ridiculously op
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm fine if we move to 120 card min...
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn