Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice step in future of tourney games
    Official tournament organizer
    of Team Juggernauts

IGN - TJSleepingDragon / GMT+3

You can find me at Telegram messenger

Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win.

Azure Dragon
    The Holy Beast of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Id suggest having the options that were chosen viewable by the person who joins, otherwise you could easily give yourself first turn without the opponent knowing

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't worry, when you select the custom game from the list you'll get a popup box with the details of the options before you join it...

SE has one of the lowest first turn advantages of any game, even lower than chess according to our stats...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad to see more options for custom games! It's another step towards having a more open ended custom system for friendly matches. Kind of like house rules for board games! Although...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    50 Card Minimum - We'll likely be moving to 50 card decks soon. This allows the game creator to enfoce this rule.
    I get having this as a custom game option (heck being allowed to change this to other amounts like 30 or 60 or whatever would be great too), but I'm weary for why 50 cards is being considered as a new minimum. Even though I know mulligan is going up on custom games to give it a try, I'm still pretty confident that they will be unnecessary for rated and normal play. That would be the main reason I would believe 50 card minimum being considered at all, but its only an assumption. There have been discussions on this in the past, but rather than get into that, I guess a reasoning from Gondorian is needed instead of making assumptions.... even if I did just make one xD
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why is minimum becoming 50? This is a huge huge change to the game that is way more important than new cards.

I would like to see a proper announcement and explanation about this.

P.s. This may well be the reason to finally quit this game forever for me.
    Last edited by Kylt; 09-24-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no official word on this yet, for now we're simply giving people the option of the 50+mulligans to try it out. Of course not everyone likes changes, but actually having people try it and giving feedback is important to us.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    That would be the main reason I would believe 50 card minimum being considered at all, but its only an assumption. There have been discussions on this in the past, but rather than get into that, I guess a reasoning from Gondorian is needed instead of making assumptions.... even if I did just make one xD
    Hi. I think Sakura must have had a Portal out when she posted, because I'd say the use of "likely" was a little too hasty. We *might* move to 50 card minimum, and we'll base that decision partly on actually seeing it in action and hearing your feedback. We could talk for pages and pages as to why it could be good or bad, but I think we should give it a go (outside QM, so it won't affect anyone who doesn't want to use it) and let that inform us.

UPDATE: I've edited the OP to be a bit more accurate with regards 50-card minimum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great news!
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For me the biggest jaw dropper is the game timer! Im looking forward to playing 'blitz' shadow era with low time limits and no waiting around. Extra time limits sound good too for people who have the time and would like to do some calculations and plan further ahead, to play at their best.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    There is no official word on this yet, for now we're simply giving people the option of the 50+mulligans to try it out. Of course not everyone likes changes, but actually having people try it and giving feedback is important to us.

Ok. I missed "+ mulligan" part. If 50 comes with mulligan, personally I might like it better than what we have now.

However, this may be already a sad news for some people (or many people?) because this means new cards design and balancing has to be stopped until we decide if we are doing 50+mulligans. This is about fundamentals of game mechanics. We now know that new cards won't come out until wulven decide on this.

Great new? No. It contradicts with wulven's past few weeks attempt to show that progress has been made in development, because this may well give impression that no new develpment in card design is going to happen until we get settled on this.

I still think you must give thorough explanation on this.

P.S. I can wait.
    Last edited by Kylt; 09-25-2016 at 05:25 PM.
    IGN: Kyltz