Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Some questions to Gondorian, Sakura or Kyle.

Hi all, first thanks for this fabulous game and for having hired 2 developpers.
    I have some questions about the future of the game and other things.

1) Could the new developpers come on the forum and establish a relationship with the communauty ? It will be easier to ask some technical things to them.

2) Are you planning to create an UI as good as Earthstone, especially for the collection managment (I have been forcing to create my own ), graphics and deck naming ?
    Because if you are as good as Earthstone with this, with the far better gameplay Shadow Era has, lots of players will come.

3) How will you handle the growing number of cards in the next years ? Ban old ones like MTG or recently Earthstone, powercreeping or something else ? Because balance will be harder and harder to find.

4) If I earn about 100 Shadow Cristal a day with the android adds that pop each 5 minutes, how much money do you earn ? Is it better to you that I pay dollars dollars directly to buy SC or is it the same to you ?

5) How the card texts work exactly. Of course they are in a database, but to modify them do the players need to download an update or if a developper modify a text in the database it is immediatly modify in game ? I think the time has come to make the communauty works on cards translation.

Thanks for read this and for your future answers !

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. Thanks for your kind words about the game and enthusiasm for it.

I can answer some questions, but I want to clear a couple of things up first...

I've been working on the game for nearly five years - in a full time capacity since July 2014. My main responsibility is designing the cards, coding the cards, balancing the cards, answering rules questions, managing the PFG (our playtesters) and fixing card bugs. I'm also currently working on the single player campaign. I do a few other things too here and there.

Sakura is a new hire in the role of community management. She also handles support requests along with another new member of staff who probably will not post on the forum.

The new dev team that Kyle announced he had hired are working on features assigned to them by Kyle. He is overall owner of the development so you will get dev updates from him.

1) I do not think the dev team that report to Kyle will be coming to the forum or establishing a relationship with the community. I've not even met them and probably never will. What matters is that their work gets done, and I hear they are making great progress with the automated tournaments already! So, if you think you have technical questions for them, then just address them to Kyle.

2) This is for Kyle.

3) We have no plans to ban anything or rorate sets or errata any cards. If it comes to a point where we think we need to ban a card, then we will, but we're trying very hard to avoid that. Given the pace we release new cards, this is not something that worries me too much.

4) We get more money if you buy SC rather than earn it with videos, but we do get something for that.

5) Card texts are in a spreadsheet. If you want to help with translations, there was a thread for that which I'll link to now: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ion-Starts-Now!

Hope that helps!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks a lot for the answers !
    Have a nice day.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi WolfCyr, I see that Gondorian answered most of your questions already. But in terms of the UI and a new deckbuilder design, this was up for community voting recently about what features we should prioritize. Automated Tournaments won the vote, and so this is going in next. But a UI overhaul is still on our todo list!

We always welcome feedback, comments, and ideas from players. So be sure to let us know!
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲