Close

View Poll Results: Do you feel shadow era needs a mulligan?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full mulligan -1

14 26.92%
  • Partial mulligan

9 17.31%
  • 2nd turn mulligan

1 1.92%
  • No mulligan

28 53.85%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Mulligan!!! SHADOW ERA NEEDS IT!

Wether you been playing shadow era since beta or Brand new. Ever had many games where you were like man I wish I could swap these 2-3 cards for something else to give me a better chance of putting up a fight!!!
    Almost every tcg/ccg has the answer! Mulligan!

What is a mulligan? Ask no more!
    A mulligan is where you take your hand or 2-3 cards and exchange it for random
    Cards meaning your original hand gets set to the side and you get a new hand and your old hand gets shuffled back in. or you shuffle you shuffle your whole hand back and get a new hand either way you get a chance to have something more optimal then Before.

I'm going to put up a poll please vote and please let this catch the attention of the devs and hopefully Kyle so when they have time and availability from current major projects. I understand Wulven studios is busy and this just feedback from my experience and many other players who feel the same. I hope it is considered

Now I will define your options for mulligan for shadow era.

Full mulligan -1: you shuffle your whole hand back to the deck and draw back a new hand -1 less card. This prevents from
    Getting a perfect start but you'll have better options then before. Mulligan isn't meant for perfection but rather a better chance at putting up a good fight! For both players

Partial mulligan: Send 2-3 cards back to the deck draw 2-3 cards this way you can keep some goodness and draw something more optimal like a 2cc card over a 7cc card. For both players.

Second turn advantge mulligan: only the player with the second turn would get the mulligan to balance out FTA (First turn advantage) this way we can even out the odds at least if you feel both players shouldn't mulligan.

No mulligan it explains itself you feel shadow era don't need it so this ones for you!
    Last edited by Leviosablade; 09-19-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, there was 12 pages of discussion about this topic already at http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?31051-Mulligans but nothing ever came of it. It's a really huge change to the game and balance if you think about it...
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Well, there was 12 pages of discussion about this topic already at http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?31051-Mulligans but nothing ever came of it. It's a really huge change to the game and balance if you think about it...
    Almost every tcg has it and it seems pretty balanced to me considering I've played other tcgs that allow it. To me this would be nice casue so many games my hand can et clumped and most my decks have few 5-7 drop
    Cards and most the time I start off with 5-7 drop cards and will lose the game becasue of not being able to play something by t3 to me seems unbalanced and this happens pretty frequently and I'm the mulligan section you'll see something called "the shuffle bug" so this is a issue multiple players have been seeing for years I can't expect you to agree becasue you just got into this bussiness a month or two ago
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mtg needed mulligans because of land cards. SE doesn't have a need for mulligans. If your starting hands aren't what you want, then rebuild the deck. Can't expect a great start every time. Would lead to too many insurmountable starts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are games like hearthstone that have it and they get reoccurring mana
    And my decks are pretty good I average 300 rating and did some big time competing
    And in still get issues like this frequently and the mana curve in my decks are actually well adjusted
    And other players as well
    And this is why I suggested partial mulligan so this way it won't be too bad and this is just for everyone to have optimal start In fact I wouldn't mind combining partial and second turn mulligan
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mulligan will totally change decs... Right now we have few super strong early combos, but fortunately decks around them are not consistent to be much competitive...
    I like the SE as it is now... bad hands happends in any card games and with only 40 cards decks it not happen often to me. No mulligan needed!
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Id prefer sieboarding. But Mulligan's could be interesting if done in the right way

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    Mtg needed mulligans because of land cards. SE doesn't have a need for mulligans. If your starting hands aren't what you want, then rebuild the deck. Can't expect a great start every time. Would lead to too many insurmountable starts.
    Even a well curved Deck can have its pitfalls. Such as sure, you drew into a solid early game hand, but not one best suited for the matchup.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While this poll is by no means official, I just wanted to pop in and say that the conversation about mulligans has been reopened and we are considering it again and will be listening to feedback from players...

Personally, I voted Full Mulligan -1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    While this poll is by no means official, I just wanted to pop in and say that the conversation about mulligans has been reopened and we are considering it again and will be listening to feedback from players...

Personally, I voted Full Mulligan -1
    Woah! Rare for the big man himself to step in ... and offer an opinion

Mulligan would significantly affect the balance, as the only thing holding back some OP decks is consistency ... which this will help