Close

Thread: Broken chalice

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Broken chalice

The designer responsible for glass chalice should be locked in a steal crate and dropped into the deepest depths of the Arctic Ocean.

Seriously, why don't you guys just give priests a free artifact that searches for tidal waves. At least then I don't have to try to guess if he has one or not. I can't prevent it, I can't work around it, I can't even scout for it. Chalice is a broken, bone headed design mistake; It's a crutch to make priests heroes good. Best of a 3 card draw from the bottom, put the rest back, shuffle your deck for 2 se? Effin' stupid.
    Last edited by spellshyft; 09-16-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No need for the aggression. I do love the picture you paint with your steel crate. Brrrrr

I don't have stats, but Chalice isn't in some very good priest decks. It is a good card but not broken.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    No need for the aggression. I do love the picture you paint with your steel crate. Brrrrr

I don't have stats, but Chalice isn't in some very good priest decks. It is a good card but not broken.
    Pfff, there's every reason to be aggressive when your reduced to 40 turns of dodge and deflect by your opponent just to lose by being run out of cards every godamn time unless you're serena or an ability mage *if* you're lucky enough to get past their ability reduction templar. And the only means of controlling the insane amount artifacts and items they have on the board are going to seriously cripple your own deck. Chalice is broken bullshit that provides priest decks unstoppable answers for everything. Bring the ban, maybe it's time to find a new game.
    Last edited by spellshyft; 09-16-2016 at 11:33 PM.

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by spellshyft View Post
    Pfff, there's every reason to be aggressive when your reduced to 40 turns of dodge and deflect by your opponent just to lose by being run out of cards every godamn time unless you're serena or an ability mage *if* you're lucky enough to get past their ability reduction templar. And the only means of controlling the insane amount artifacts and items they have on the board are going to seriously cripple your own deck. Chalice is broken bullshit that provides priest decks unstoppable answers for everything. Bring the ban, maybe it's time to find a new game.
    Well the card is fair I use chalice a lot and it's hard to get what you want since its take three cards from the bottom put two back reshuffle the deck. And takes 2
    Shadow energy now ways to beat this is by playing bad Santa cards or even bazar if you keep their hand full they have to play more then they want beating their control.
    As a priest player it's not easy to get what you want from
    Chalice.
    I would take it easy for a bit everyone gets bested from luck time to time I'm sure luck will swing your way
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Chalice is far from broken. Not sure what you are playing but yes, Priests can be difficult to beat, especially late game, but not unstoppable as you are putting it.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its not broken in any way. If you want to utilize Chalice you can barely use your heroes ability, since you have to dump 2 SE into it all the time. Is it strong? Yes. But its not nearly as broken as you make it out to be.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this is the first time i have seen someone complain about chalice. it is far from broken because it cost 2se to use and it is not seek tidal wave you only draw 3 bottom cards and choose one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh no. A card that's good for control decks and not much else. We must kill it(!)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by spellshyft View Post
    Easy solutions:
    1) Play around tidal wave
    2) Bring item destruction (This won't cripple your deck, items are popular enough that you should be running destruction anyway) e.g. dawn raid, anarchic looting
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.