Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There should be more possibilities with the entry fees.

1. Paid by crystals
    2. Paid by gold
    3. Free (content of entry packs can't be retained)

Depending on what fee is beeing paid there should be fitting prizes. E.g. it is no incentive for me to win crystals or gold. So why should I pay an fee. I've also got every card already I need so the content of the packs are also no incentive (exception possible foils).

I would prefer free fees for those people which like to play 'just for fun' and would like to use the automated tournament feature for having an easier and faster setup than organize it manually through e. g. telegram and challonge.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, prices are bad. If I take rhe 4 man tournament which is 500 SC fee, I win max 250 SC and 60 cards (worth 250 SC in the buying decks). So I must be at he first place to win ... what I paid ???

The problem is the ingame currencies. With gold, you buy cards. With SC, you buy cards, playmates, and slots for heros deck. The prices in tournaments give you only cards that you can sell for gold to buy abother cards. You should instead give the choice to have the 60 or 90 cards, or have an amount of SC instead to do more thing with.

There's another big problem in the game : all is cheap. You can have big amounts of cards a few dollars, and on android at least I can make about 100-150 SC a day. So I'm not, like old players how have complete the collection, interested by prices in cards or gold, and not in SC too.

So what to do ? Have the choice to win platinium (or diamonds or what you want) instead of cards to buy foil cards directly : a parrallel market with foil cards instead of classic cards and with diamond instead of gold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea that demenchi gave about possible tournament tickets. Honestly, it would even be nice if tournament tickets became the main reward upon leveling up after say, level 15 or so. (it's been said many times before that 25 crystals when leveling from 25 to 26 is practically useless.) I'm also in large disagreement with the entry fees. The standard 100 sc entry fee is fine, and winning that will at least give you enough crystals to play again. 500 for meltdown for a Max of 250 crystals gained? That's not worth it at all to me. Keeping the cards Is cool I guess, but I'd rather get enough shadow crystals to actually compete again than to keep the cards. Maybe it's just because I (and so many others) have completed collections, but I have no reason to play the two expensive tournaments. The draft one is even worse. 700 crystals? That's an absurd amount for a tournament you're probably going to lose anyways (1/8 players will win).
    Overall, I think some serious reconsideration will need to be done when it comes to the pricing. Especially when the current tournament model we have is free. In fact, not only is it currently free for the players to organise the tournaments themselves, but there is also STILL rewards for winning. If you're going to make these things automated, the least that could be done is to at least come close to matching the current tournament models incentive.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We have to pay sc for our own constructed decks?
    Duelers Ascent : Leader
    Tellegram : @DaEzio

DA Website : http://duelistascent.simdif.com/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you tell us more about the prize packs?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Entry fees should be in the form of tickets purchasable with either gold or sc. Makes it fairer for those who are on the free to play grind. Other than that, this is very exciting!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm fine with the prices.

If you don't like them, you are still free to organize your own tournements
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Would like to see a "free" entry paid with gold but better yet something like:

Entry Fee: 1 random foil taken from your collection
    1st Prize: All the entry fees
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems too expensive for me... I agree that wulven should make some profit from it, but it has to be cheap enough to encourage players to play it !

Here is my suggestion:
    Make a standard 50 SE (example) fee for every turnament. 100 SE for winner and 50 SE for finalist in 4 players tournament. 200 SE and 100 SE if 8 players (50/100 SE profit for Wulven from every tournament).
    And in meltdown and draft LET PLAYERS CHOOSE IF THEY WANT TO BUY OPENED DECK or not, for standard prizes. This will strongly encourage people who wants to buy decks to use tournament option to do so. Or if you get foil, you will buy it... basicly you will pay 50 SE for tournament play and also for chance to find a cards you want... This will make new tournament system very popular I think. Even for new players, who just want to spend their SE for buying right cards!
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    Entry fees should be in the form of tickets purchasable with either gold or sc. Makes it fairer for those who are on the free to play grind. Other than that, this is very exciting!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    This is a fantastic idea and the best so far. With the ability to buy ticket with gold it covers the "free player" angle. Make sure it isn't cheap though. Ticket can also be add in the pack you buy or to sweeten other deals.

Still basic tournament (and even more meltdown and draft) should be viewed as a enjoyable playing experience rather then hardcore competitive play. I believe the rewards should reflect that. You can also give participation prize like a random foil or PAC. But stop throwing away SC. You are killing the in-game economy and shooting yourself in the foot.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"