Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With the draft will you keep the cards that you drafted?
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    awww we need sc to enter some players don't have enough sometimes and don't forget meltdown when it cost gold
    it reli didn't go well I hope you look at it again and remove the feature thanks
    ign: SK Frost2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Entry Fees

700 shadow crystals for drafts (6 packs)
    500 shadow crystals for meltdown (4 packs)
    100 shadow crystals for constructed (use your own cards)

The entry fee is taken from each player as soon as they join a tournament. This is to discourage people from not waiting for more players. Players will keep the cards they get in meltdown, or that they choose in drafts.

Rewards

8 player tournament: 1st place = 500 shadow crystals + 1 prize pack. 2nd place = 200 shadow crystals.
    4 player tournament: 1st place = 250 shadow crystals. 2nd place = 100 shadow crystals.
    The rewards will be automatically given to the player at the end of their final match.

draft: 6 packs include LL packs?

meltdown: my collection is complete, why should I spend 500 sc to participate in this tournament? the entrance fee should be like the constructed type and not add to the collection packs of cards
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NestMegatron View Post
    With the draft will you keep the cards that you drafted?
    I would assume so. You are paying for more than the actual cost of those packs, so would make sense that you get to keep them.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad to see progress once again, but (once again) I do have some criticisms and feedback to present:

1. Remember that this is a free to play game. While I'm not against having Shadow Crystal entry fee's, I am against them being the only entry fee. Free players are just as important overall as paying ones and should (in some form or another) be capable of reasonably accessing the content in the game (No, the measly 25 gained from leveling up doesn't count as reasonable). I see no reason why players can't purchase a "Tournament Ticket" with gold in the marketplace to participate in the tournaments. In fact, I'd be in favor of having two types of tickets (Premium payed with via Shadow Crystals and Normal payed with via Gold for example) where the "Normal Tickets" or gold option simply doesn't net you the cards and possibly different rewards if necessary (such as not giving them SC). You could even separate "Normal" tournaments and "Premium" tournaments, although that may lead to queue issues imo.

Not to mention, having them in this forms means there is more rewards to give out than simply SC/Gold (and this applies to rewards in general, not necessarily Tournament Rewards. SC's can be used to buy a myriad of things so they are a good reward for doing well in a tournament). While I hate to say it this way, and maybe I'm stepping my bounds as a simple player but, there is simply too much Gold and SC around. This game needs ways to spend it, and ways to give rewards that don't increase that problem. Not to mention bundles and what not (or the weird kickstarter subscription thing) would benefit from that as well.

TL;DR: Regardless, my main point and #1 concern is that free players will have no way to experience this content at all. Sure, they still need to work for it but they are just as much content in this game as any other player and it would be a shame to leave them out. How you actually go about it is up to you guys, but I feel it would be a very needed addition to the feature.

2. Don't forget that there are many players (including myself) that have unopened booster packs that have been saved specifically for meltdown and/or draft. Be sure to implement the ability to use those! (again, would be handy for future bundles as well)

3. I like that we can do things while we wait and the notification thing is a great idea (remember to add for PC as well!). If possible, I'd say go one step further and allow people to play AI/Campaign missions during this time. Quitting out of them is no big deal but gives the player more space to do things while they wait.

4. You mentioned that the player in draft that can't make the deck forfeits. While I can understand it (especially if they keep the card's they draft) it seems kinda silly. There really should be a way for the player to continue on anyways, even if the rest of their deck is filled with a really bad card, or at the very least give them the option to continue somehow. Not really super important, but I feel there has to be a better solution for that outcome. Granted, I guess it needs to be hard to abuse. Meh, I thought I'd mention it anyways.

EDIT: why can't I be more concise with words. T.T

@FDL below: Good point, I missed that entirely.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 09-17-2016 at 01:10 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sweet.

Are there any plans for chess-clocks and/or round time limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    The entry fee is taken from each player as soon as they join a tournament. This is to discourage people from not waiting for more players.
    This is harsh IMO. Players should be allowed to drop out for free before the tournament launches. If tournaments fire almost instantly, this won't be a problem, but if takes 5-10 minutes (or more), it might discourage players from getting in the queues. (Granted the (Constructed) entry fees are almost trivial, but still seem unnecessary - I mean, you just allowed QMers to drop from the queue! ).

Drafting is intriguing. Six packs is a lot though. Drafting 3 packs in MTGO takes 15 to 20 minutes. Granted the last packs should be more straightforward that the first few but still, drafting for 30+ minutes only to lose in round one could be a turn off (if drafting is usually the best part of drafting!). Will 6 packs really give you more class cards than 3 (or four maybe)? With fewer packs, everybody is encouraged to pick a class early (but you are punished more heavily if you read the draft wrong). If you have a bunch of packs, my hunch is that picking good faction/neutral cards will be a priority and committing to a class will happen much later.

Anyways, interesting food for thoughts.
    Last edited by FDL; 09-17-2016 at 01:10 AM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This format is not for me. I never win any tournaments and if i have to pay something to participate (especaially SC), i'd rather not.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks nice. Don't usually compete in tournaments myself, but this is definitely something that will kick up other's interest in playing, and who knows, if it's easier to set up something quickly this way, maybe I'll play one every now and then.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Man, I'm excited about it. My biggest concern is that the cost of draft and meltdown might be such that we may be waiting for quite sometime to get a tourney started. I would love to see this tweaked to fit the type of player pool currently playing meltdown. Tourney exclusive cards, card backs, playmats etc. would be a nice worm on the hook for this format if it's going to cost that much. Otherwise go with a coins only opening week / month
    Soylentgreen is people!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all the comments so far, we'll definitely carefully consider everything! The goal, of course, is to get a basic version out as quickly as possible, and then tweak it based on player feedback and ideas. Like Meltdown, it can evolve over time
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲