Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Funny, 2v2 was promised long ago...

I use to play this all the time. And contributed to the kickstarters. One of the reasons I stopped (aside from busy life) was because the failure of implementing promises, namely 2v2. Unlocked as a kickstarter reward way back when. Im just wondering if there was an announcement i missed as to why it never was done?

Now with the voting they list it as an option, which will further be delayed (cause it didnt win)...or maybe never put in. A new dev team sounds promising, but i guess ill see. Wondering if I should play and use my sc reward cards from past kick starters (if they're even valid still), or just wait for things to finally be implemented... which might be years.
    Live Server IGN: TJ novo6
    Test Server IGN: novo6

cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it was an option that didnt win. meaning new game modes are still going to be made but after tournaments, if they win next voting
    A1 - Evolution in Theory

How to join A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also 2v2 is going to require a massive coding overhaul so as nice as it would be tournaments and other stuff that can keep player base while also grow it will probs won put over 2v2

Edit: why the hell do I not have my dp visionary forum title? ??
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    id suspect 2v2 is less of an overhaul than the single player campaign. im not against anything being added, just upset things that were supposed to be added and still obviously wanted by many, are not in yet
    Live Server IGN: TJ novo6
    Test Server IGN: novo6

cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by novo6 View Post
    id suspect 2v2 is less of an overhaul than the single player campaign. im not against anything being added, just upset things that were supposed to be added and still obviously wanted by many, are not in yet
    That was gondorian saying the 2v2 would require a massive over haul and he coded most if not all the game now
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Our next priority is the automated tournaments, and after that is completed and released then we'll hold another vote. If the players want 2v2 then that's what we'll focus on. The Shattered Fates Kickstarter was indeed a long long time ago, however I checked and I don't see any release dates promised. Since the Kickstarter ended we released SF as scheduled and then continued on with many game engine improvements, bugfixes, Lost Lands expansion, campaign mode coming soon, etc. We have to prioritize and can't do everything at once!
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Our next priority is the automated tournaments, and after that is completed and released then we'll hold another vote. If the players want 2v2 then that's what we'll focus on. The Shattered Fates Kickstarter was indeed a long long time ago, however I checked and I don't see any release dates promised. Since the Kickstarter ended we released SF as scheduled and then continued on with many game engine improvements, bugfixes, Lost Lands expansion, campaign mode coming soon, etc. We have to prioritize and can't do everything at once!
    I'm pretty sure people didn't contribute money to Kickstarter expecting that there will be an interminable wait on some advertised implements and two years on still no release dates do you ? Most of us expected our money to be used for what Kickstarter was advertised for and within reasonable time. I think that is only fair. Sorry to criticise and thankfully Wulven have improved their PR immensely since then.
    Last edited by Alien Fungus; 09-18-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My job now is to make sure the community understands the hard choices that a small development team needs to make, and also to involve the community in that process. I think the lack of communication since Kickstarter is what has put many people off, because they don't understand what is going on behind the scenes or why certain things are prioritized over others. It's easy to say "2v2 was promised long ago" if you ignore everything else that has been done. But hopefully from now, just a little bit of optimism goes a long way
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My job now is to make sure the community understands the hard choices that a small development team needs to make, and also to involve the community in that process. I think the lack of communication since Kickstarter is what has put many people off, because they don't understand what is going on behind the scenes or why certain things are prioritized over others. It's easy to say "2v2 was promised long ago" if you ignore everything else that has been done. But hopefully from now, just a little bit of optimism goes a long way
    always appreciate the open communication, please keep up the good work

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just a bit of knit picking but You do realise that when SF was released it was minus the artwork on many of the cards which was not foreseen and campaign mode was a part of Kickstarter so in effect it's not ended. That being said as a new player I think this is far and away the best TCG out there and I'm happy with the slow pace of development. It allows the players to thoroughly explore all the Heroes and tribes etc without being swamped by new cards every 4-6 months. Wulven also make new cards accessible to all players so it's easy for casual players like myself to compeate. It's the one game I keep coming back to