Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please improve design and gameplay

Dear New Dev team,

You Know What I'd like to see? I'd like to see you to improve your existing game.

I'd like to see new background art in battles, maybe even animated backgrounds.
    I'd like to hear new battle music.
    I'd like you to fix bugs, like gold leaf shield, which doesn't work when you use its last charge.
    I'd like to be able to zoom in on opponents cards on their turn.
    I'd like to be able to zoom into opponents' next draw when I use crystal ball or dark revelation.
    I'd like to be able to finger swipe across my allies to select the one I want when I have 12 allies stacked on the board.
    I'd like a filter to search for all text on cards.
    I'd like a tiered rewards program for season rankings.
    I'd like play abilities to be slower so I can read them before they are discarded.
    I'd like discarded abilities to be obvious instead of seemingly taking damage from nowhere.

Seriously, I've been playing this game for several years. I've spent money on it. I hope to see some quality improvements to your game.

Thanks,
    Spellshyft

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spellshyft View Post
    I'd like you to fix bugs, like gold leaf shield, which doesn't work when you use its last charge.
    That's not a bug. Ongoing effects must be provided by cards in play.

The rest of the ideas would surely be good improvements.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not true. If that were the case, buffs from other items or artifacts, such as the headress or shards that leave play when you use their final durability, still provide the effect that was intended despite being destroyed in the process. So, you're wrong. Sorry, it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    That's not a bug. Ongoing effects must be provided by cards in play.

The rest of the ideas would surely be good improvements.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Not true. If that were the case, buffs from other items or artifacts, such as the headress or shards that leave play when you use their final durability, still provide the effect that was intended despite being destroyed in the process. So, you're wrong. Sorry, it's a bug.
    I appreciate it might not be obvious at first, but there are ongoing effects (like Gold-Laced Shield) and immediate effects that can cause permanent changes (like Ritualist's Headdress). We try to make the difference clear by using "gains" when we're making a permanent change and "has" when it's ongoing.

"1D: Target friendly Twilight ally is killed and target other friendly ally gains +2 base attack and +2 health." = immediate effect causing permanent change.
    "1D: Target friendly ally has +2 attack until the end of your turn." = ongoing effect that requires the card to stay in play to continue that ongoing effect.

If you find anywhere in the game we've broken that rule, let me know and I'll see if we can fix up the wording, but the code for those cards is correct and we apply those rules/behaviour consistently across the entire card pool.

Other examples of permanent changes: Elementalis, Baduruu, Carniboar, Mournblade (all say "gains").
    Other examples of ongoing effects: Aldon the Brave, Spark, Keldor (all say "have" or "has")
    Sometimes you can even see both a permanent change and ongoing effect in the same ability: Gwenneth Truesight.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no he is not wrong. if the ally gets buffed the ally stays buffed. if it gets an effect like using yari pride last charge and its destroyed the effect is gone. not a bug

damn. gondo ahead of me
    A1 - Evolution in Theory

How to join A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see, well, forgive me. That's still kind of a stupid design decision to make. It is confusing and makes no sense to have an item in which you can use its final durability to do nothing. It's kind of a sucker punch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see, well, forgive me. That's still kind of a stupid design decision to make. It is confusing and makes no sense to have an item in which you can use its final durability to do nothing. It's kind of a sucker punch.
    It is part of the game design and part of the balance it isn't stupid. A permanent +2 attack buff is a big deal in this game and it would be overpowered on armor abilities unless it is heavily restricted (like ritualist headdress).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dear New Dev team,

You Know What I'd like to see? I'd like to see you to improve your existing game.

I'd like to see new background art in battles, maybe even animated backgrounds.
    I'd like to hear new battle music.
    I'd like to be able to zoom in on opponents cards on their turn.
    I'd like to be able to zoom into opponents' next draw when I use crystal ball or dark revelation.
    I'd like to be able to finger swipe across my allies to select the one I want when I have 12 allies stacked on the board.
    I'd like a filter to search for all text on cards.
    I'd like a tiered rewards program for season rankings.
    I'd like play abilities to be slower so I can read them before they are discarded.
    I'd like discarded abilities to be obvious instead of seemingly taking damage from nowhere.

Seriously, I've been playing this game for several years. I've spent money on it. I hope to see some quality improvements to your game.

Thanks,
    Spellshyft
    Most of these are good ideas.

Please no animated backgrounds though.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That's kind of arrogant yeah? Still, gondorian explained why he was indeed not wrong. A less abrasive attitude works wonders though, and keeps the forums looking friendly.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1. Stupid design, confusing & makes no sense? Lol Dude seems like you're the stupid one & not the design...
    Think its wording is good enought that nobody who read careful can get really confused...

2. It's an great design. Oke that Card is maybe a weak example, but look at Necroamncer's Shroud... 3durability but it's effect cost 2durability. But the upside, when you can manage that the Armor get destroyed, your Allie will stay alive at end of Turn
    So such an design allows much freedom for creativity
    Last edited by Spieler; 09-16-2016 at 12:41 PM.