Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Automated tournaments

Just copy pasted thid from my respond on sakura post about campaign mode coz my English sucks and can't write again in hope that i will find more people which sharing my opinion .
    For me this aren't nearly good news. ( about new campaign mode)
    And idk how this will benefit game at any cause ...
    This is something which will be made only for passive players who doesn't like to compete . it's online game and guess only excitement which bringing online games are playing vs live opponent not vs ai .
    This is something which will be good only for new players and players which planning to remain new players .
    Some people saying better something than nothing .for me this is nothing. It's a game 'improvement' which will make me busy 2-3 days. And what than ? To play again ???
    Not in the mood .
    Anyway working on new set was for me best option but also the hardest one.
    This game would benefit a lot from automated tournament .it would bring new excitement to game without doubt. And that would be something which would stay permanent not like playing vs ai couple days and than back to old game .

From tcg which is dead ' forgotten myths' i know how those automated tournaments work .
    This game already have most of things which are necessary for making automated tournament.
    There was just needed to open new section under meltdown and to provide than server who already exist make brackets for players who participate .
    Automated tournament is something which wouldn't demand lots of lost time between rounds like pop up , also u wouldn't be handicapped with time when pop up is organised.
    U would always find time to play tournament and u would always have opponent just like in qm .
    When automated tournament starts server automatically pairing up people who participate . making brackets same like for pop up.
    Depends on how big tournament is prizes would be smaller or bigger. Those prizes could be also automated ,depending on what is easier to transfer for wulven shadow crystals or premium packs .
    Question is who would benefit from this ??? Would benefit whole community. Starting from newbies and ending with veterans. That would be whole new mode of game and saying again so easy to make !!!!
    Who would benefit the most ??? Rest of community which doesn't use telegram .
    That rest of community which doesn't use telegram is way bigger than others who use.
    Just to mention highly competitive guilds like ROK and KA and many guildless veterans .
    But guess community already decided , community which slowing down progress of game in same measure as wulven doing.
    Sinister Always Pays His Debts

European Shadow Era Champion

First SEF champion

Wanna join A1 ? Contact me on TELEGRAM @MrArcy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should probably read this post if you haven't already. If what is written there is true, the campaign is nearing completion from a development perspective (but not design, which can be done separately) and development focus will soon shift to another feature. Currently automated tournaments has the highest number of votes (at time of posting, 65). Next to that is "new game modes, eg 2v2" at 60 votes.

So you're not the only one that feels that way, but there are plenty of people that say the same about the automated tournaments. Everyone wants to see the game improve, unfortunately, not everyone currently agrees on what improvement is most important.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 09-12-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The way I see it, the campaign mode will help transition new players in a smoother manner than by simply shoving them into Quick Match with little or no knowledge of how to play the game and with decks that are basically just the starter decks. It will help them ease into the mechanics of the game which will cause less overall frustration for new players. I think the forum is great for new players to learn more about the game and how to play but it shouldn't be the first place they should be going (and it wouldn't be much help if they don't understand English either). The game itself should give the players enough knowledge to be able to grasp the overall gameplay.

Hopefully, the campaign will help with retaining new players long enough for them to get sucked into the overall Shadow Era experience. It might not have an immediate effect on veteran players interested in multiplayer but it might ensure a better playerbase in the long run.

I for one, wanted the campaign for the longest time because I want to unfold the story of Shadow Era which I hope they incorporate into the campaigns in detail.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If campaign is excuted properly it will be good for all. Has to be set where random missions are made for instance. While also having some structured battles. If it's just do this, then this, then this battle, done then yes it's a complete waste of time and effort.
    But to the OP you ended by saying the community that is slowing down the game the same way wulven is doing. That can't be further from the truth. Just because you don't like what won doesn't make it wrong. The majority has spoken and decided on what feature will help improve the game in the greatest way possible.
    Everyone that reads my posts know it's about the game that matters to me. And I for one, chose the option that will help Shadow Era, as the game, not just my personal desire. I can't see 2vs2 being as big as tournaments. Can't see new interface or any other the other options having as big of an impact to keep players happy as tournaments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Magic Online introduced a new tournament format this year (Leagues) and it's pretty sweet. They are moving away from traditional single elimination tournaments (because of the downtime between rounds).

Basically, you register a deck (for a fee) and then play 5 matches against other people that paid to get in the League (it tries to match you with someone that has a similar record - but will just match you with anyone if it takes too long). A match in MTG is a best-of-3 with sideboards. Once you have completed your 5 matches, you get prizes based on your record (3-2 gives your entry back, better results net you a profit).

Personally, I find that insanely more convenient than pop-ups as we have run in SE. Being able to play a match or two when I have an hour, then come back later to complete my run is awesome.

I'd like to see something like this for SE:
    500 SC entry fee.
    You play 5 2 game matches (you go first once and you go second once - I love this format that Gondorian has used in the past). Decklock.
    You get your entry fee back with 6 game wins, you get more with each win.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Magic Online introduced a new tournament format this year (Leagues) and it's pretty sweet. They are moving away from traditional single elimination tournaments (because of the downtime between rounds).

Basically, you register a deck (for a fee) and then play 5 matches against other people that paid to get in the League (it tries to match you with someone that has a similar record - but will just match you with anyone if it takes too long). A match in MTG is a best-of-3 with sideboards. Once you have completed your 5 matches, you get prizes based on your record (3-2 gives your entry back, better results net you a profit).

Personally, I find that insanely more convenient than pop-ups as we have run in SE. Being able to play a match or two when I have an hour, then come back later to complete my run is awesome.

I'd like to see something like this for SE:
    500 SC entry fee.
    You play 5 2 game matches (you go first once and you go second once - I love this format that Gondorian has used in the past). Decklock.
    You get your entry fee back with 6 game wins, you get more with each win.
    This could be achieved faster if the new game modes had won over automated tournaments. GDC has stated before that they could explore multiple scenaria
    instead of the typical 2v2. Then there could be a separate vote with 3-4 formats and the most voted would make it to the dev team.
    I agree that the league system is pretty handy, as it doesn't need a fixed number of players. The more they register, the better. My only suggestion would be to have different entrance fees, 100sc, 200sc and 500sc for example, so that new players would want to try it.
    Anyway, automated tournaments won the first election, and by my estimation, this project is near completion, as we have seen it on the live server for a few days. Some tweaks here and there and it will be ready. Maybe 3-4 months ? Maybe less?
    Then we can talk again about new formats which, in my opinion, will be the best addition to the game. 2v2, free-for-all, do-matches-till-you lose-twice, league system, start-with-x-number-of resources, 60-card-deck, 20-card-deck are only some of the formats that can give the game sth new.

@arcadius
    I don't remember when was the last time there were 3-4 threads created from wulven in quite some time. There is progress, and don't forget that kyle stated he got some new coders to work on different projects. They are currenlty working on campaign mode, balancing cards, new cards, tourney system etc. But it doesn't mean they are lacking in any of the above projects. Getting more ppl to work on a specific task does not mean they are gonna finish it faster.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope that single elimination is not the only format in automated tournament, but there're also double, swiss, robin round etc to choose from;
    and option to customise the tournament such as deck lock, card ban, rarity, max deck size etc would be nice

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I realize that not everyone will be happy with the voting results if their favorite choice was not picked. But everyone still has the opportunity to voice their opinions, suggestions to make it better, and help make sure that we're creating the game that you want.

It's too early to talk about different game modes or leagues, but I do like the suggestion about a certain other game's league format. I'll make sure that the big boss takes notice.

One thing that I would like to point out is that yes there already exists wulven supported popups on the forums, so some people might not see the need for automated tournaments. But you have to remember that most of the players never visits the forums or wouldn't take the time to manually join a popup, it's seen as too much of a hassle for a mobile game. But if there are in-game automated tournaments, suddenly you will get a lot more players joining and the entire competitive scene of the game will change, with more challenge and different decks. I do most of the current prize support, so I see that right now it's just most of the same handful of players are winning all the time !
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For these tournaments it would be nice for us players with endless amounts of gold, the option to spend gold instead of crystals. Once your collection is complete there is absolutely no use for gold. I probably have enough gold to purchase the next 5 sets. Let us spend our gold.