Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    amazing news !!! i like ! i like ! i like !!!

just a little objection, i dont like map but campaigns looks really fun !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    While I'm a bit disappointed that it looks like any other mobile game at that map screen (especially considering the work that went into the Map of Balor) it should at least be effective enough to draw in the mobile gaming crowd which is part of the point anyways. I agree with Tman though that it should fit a bit more with the style SE has. I know a lot of the art can be all over the place, but following the style seen on most Call of the Crystals cards would be the route the art should always take (granted I suppose that's pretty subjective).
    +1
    Shadow Dragons
    IGN: SD Fab Ulous
    Telegram: @Fabb_Ulous
    Shadow Dragons Website: dragons.altervista.org
    Shadow Dragons Twitter: @ShadowDragonsSE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Here's some more info based on your comments...

The missions you see in the video were only for demonstration purposes. The mission designers have a lot of flexibility to create new missions, so there will definitely be a wide variety of different combinations.
    Each mission and difficulty can have rewards defined such as gold, experience, shadow crystals, card (or sleeve/playmat!)
    The first 10 or so missions for the original 10 human heroes are designed to be played by a new player with the starter deck, to ease them into the game while they learn the rules.
    The artist will be completing all the backgrounds for a less cartoony feel. I agree that the art should be more like all the great cards in the game!
    The testing plan is first to the Player's Focus Group (PFG) for feedback, then on the public test server for anyone to try, then release in the game. It's still a long process, several months until live release, but we'll do regular updates as we go.
    Awesome - thanks for the detail.

And big thanks (to you and to Wulven) for bringing some transparency / clarity to the community. So good to have answers on content / timeline rather than silence or "soon".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Happy to see progress.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also please please please stagger the release

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Really love the 50 missions per hero, was thinking it'd start off with like 10 per hero at most, with more added later, but 50 at once is excellent. Also like digital Corrupted Angel, lol.

Do hope that there will be more diverse win conditions than just "Survive X turns" (which I'm sure this was just the basic condition used for purposes of this video, but still (needs to be a mission with opponent starting out with 10 Fire Snakes, lol)), and also hope personally that the map boards wind up looking more "gritty" (like most of the art in this game is) and less cartoony and bright looking (kinda looks like HS that way, SE needs the darker fantasy look with grit).
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Glad to see things progressing!

I'm looking forward to trying them out and seeing what it has to offer, even if its just a fun difference in kind. Plus the difficulty levels could be a great place for some really focused and difficult challenges, especially near the end. As a suggestion, Hearthstone rewards players who complete their Heroic difficulty levels with a card sleeve. Perhaps a similar reward could be done for earning every single star for each hero. Doesn't HAVE to be a sleeve or playmat, but its an idea that would make players want to at least try the mode in case they weren't originally interested in it. I know the chests are there, but I have no idea what's in them so I thought I'd throw out a suggestion.

While I'm a bit disappointed that it looks like any other mobile game at that map screen (especially considering the work that went into the Map of Balor) it should at least be effective enough to draw in the mobile gaming crowd which is part of the point anyways. I agree with Tman though that it should fit a bit more with the style SE has. I know a lot of the art can be all over the place, but following the style seen on most Call of the Crystals cards would be the route the art should always take (granted I suppose that's pretty subjective).

Thanks for all the hard work so far and keeping us up-to-date as announced. Especially thanks to finally kicking this game off in the direction I wish it would have headed years ago. By that I mean, constant, but well paced, development and improvement. While I may no longer be a part of the Wulven staff, I still care a lot about where this game ends up, so I'm super ecstatic to see things pick up again!
    And this!!!
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Definitely should use the map of Balor as the campaign map. Lots of potential to zoom in/out on different parts for hero campaigns. It's fantastic art and adds to the lore, which I also hope would be a huge part of the campaign.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've looked forward for the campaign feature for years. 50 missions for every hero is a concerning large number. It raises fear that maybe not enough imagination has gone into creating the missions, and that a quantity not quality approach has been taken. Seeing how many missions were 'survive number of turns' in the demo video really makes me question the invested creativity and the ability of the AI.
    Would be sad if the campaign was repetitive garble designed for quick match grinding of gold and not an immersive play that hooked new players.

Guess we'll find out Soon™

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    50 missions for every hero and 3 difficulties sure is a huge number!

50 x 32 x 3 = 4,800 missions

That's the reason why it's not out right now, even though the coding side is pretty much complete. There will be some repetition in the missions, of course. The 3 difficulties are basically just higher enemy health, enemy starts with cards in play, has a few better cards in their deck, or you have to survive longer. And the earlier missions for each human hero will be similar, as it's intended to teach new players the game. But beyond that, we've had a lot of ideas submitted already from the last campaign design contest, and Gondorian has mentioned that campaigns are his highest priority over the next few months.

We're taking our time with this and making sure it's good from launch!
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sakura `*✲

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That's the reason why it's not out right now, even though the coding side is pretty much complete. There will be some repetition in the missions, of course. The 3 difficulties are basically just higher enemy health, enemy starts with cards in play, has a few better cards in their deck, or you have to survive longer. And the earlier missions for each human hero will be similar, as it's intended to teach new players the game. But beyond that, we've had a lot of ideas submitted already from the last campaign design contest, and Gondorian has mentioned that campaigns are his highest priority over the next few months.

Hi Sakurai,

Sounds great. I expect the early missions to be quite easy for new players using only a beginners deck, so hopefully seasoned players understand that when they first play them. The same 'win condition' for the differing difficulties is expected, my concern was the same game type encountered too often feeling repetitive. I'll have to wait and see!

Looking forward to seeing the delivered product.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sounds like hearth stone heroics which is entirely a good thing

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.