Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some of my thoughts so far:

- Playing Twilight Opportunist and looking forward to it killing itself at the end of the turn is kinda... quite morbid. Everyone wants board control and I hope I dont need to go around killing my own allies because opponent will kill them for me. Sooner or later opponent will come around and proc my effects anyway otherwise theyll lose the board completely.

- Its solid in that the extra attack on a 2 cost card covers a lot of plays, but after it dies the outcome is a 1-1 trade that doesnt do much except accelerate the early game.

- Heirloom/Road Less Travelled is good if opportunist gets rid of an opposing card. Going second with opportunist and managing to kill opponent's 4hp ally with Treasured Heirloom puts you in an okay position. Going first with opportunist, then killing opponent's 3hp ally and Road Less Travelled is winning.

- Opportunist with Anmor's Call next turn to pave the way for a 5 cost play on the turn after that is also a good consideration, albeit a little risky since thats using a lot of cards. But if it works and your Plasma Behemoth survives, the opponent is going to be cursing lol

- I wouldn't be the happiest player in the world if my Twilight Eidolon was destroyed to revive opportunist. Ideally I want some draws as well, so in a focused twilight deck I would be setting up Lifebringer and Orphic. Eidolon exchanged for Lifebringer? Worth.

I gotta stop thinking of that card as an ally and more of a trap thing. Yeah.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SeceriaSkye View Post
    I gotta stop thinking of that card as an ally and more of a trap thing. Yeah.
    Pretty much. It being an ally has some advantages and disadvantages, but it should often be viewed as something cross between Snare Trap and Sink Hole. In Twilight decks random other synergy is important to note too, most obvious thing is that as a survivable 2 cost ally it is good for early triggers that require a second twilight ally in play.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 08-19-2016 at 03:45 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You dont play eidolon t3 after t2 opportunist in any type of twilight build. You need a t3 ally like ritualist.. t4 you can play 2 eidolons or like ritualist headress and eidolon. You have aramia ability up on t4 if ure playing aramia going2nd. Champ is good drop for t4 and it gets buffed from the death aswell
    Ign:A1 LiaVivian/Tg:@LiaVivian
    WC2015: #15th
    WildCard 2015: #2nd
    Highest Rating: 379

LL Explorer
    -=Queen of Twilights Pre-LL=-
    Proud Member of PFG4
    Playing Since Season1
    Tournaments
    Tournaments Won: 4/Tournaments Joined: 18
    POPUPS
    Popups Won:29/Popups2nd place:9/Popups Hosted:33/Popups Joined:57
    Challenges
    Challanges Took: 1/Completed: 0
    MD Rank
    W13:#3rd/Sptmbr25:#6
    QM Score
    S17:#18/S32:#21/S33:#1/S34:#25
    QM Rating
    S23:#18/S32:#13/S33:#82/S34:#8/S35:#46

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Listen Lia, she is twirlight queen. No one in game is better than she with this tribe.
    Lord Wane
    Handler souls of Duat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I use to swear by the turn 2 opportunist. That was before LL though. Use to kill every playable turn 2 drop and put serious damage on turn three drops. That's not really the case anymore however. If comboed with something it can work, but I'm not looking to play it in a good stuff deck where each card is valued on its own strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty sure we saw in the WC that turn 2 this card is fine. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatog201 View Post
    I use to swear by the turn 2 opportunist. That was before LL though. Use to kill every playable turn 2 drop and put serious damage on turn three drops. That's not really the case anymore however. If comboed with something it can work, but I'm not looking to play it in a good stuff deck where each card is valued on its own strength.
    I think this is something you can still swear by. With Feasterling out there, it is really the only true human 2CC ally that your u feel comfortable playing turn 2. It has many potential uses that make it far more versatile than the other available 2CC Allies. A little trickier to play but this is still a legitimate turn 2 play in my eyes.