Close

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Which Lost Lands cards need a nerf/buff/rejig in your opinion?

Hi all!

I think it's fair to say that 3.14 has been out long enough for people to work out which cards they think might be too strong or too weak. We've also been able to collect a lot of data on cards used at different ratings and win-rates.

So this is a good time to start planning out balance changes for 3.15 and, as always, your input is highly valued. Whilst Telegram can be a good way to give it, the best place in my opinion is this forum, either on individual card threads in the Card Discussions section (which seems quiet at the moment) or here on this new thread - take your pick!

I won't state anything about cards already being considered for changes because I don't want to skew anything. Ideally, what you say lines up with what we're already thinking, which is then backed up by the data, but we can't assume that from the outset.

Thanks in advance for your constructive feedback. Please be nice to each other, and to Wulven.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess this is already on the table but I just want to specify it - Sosilo.

It needs a nerf because it is turning a card disadvantage into an insane advantage. Basically the cheapest draw engine in game.

On the other hand, Lakmire may seem a bit strong in the hand of Elementalis. Whether it is OP that's a bit arguable tho

Other cards are fairly merged into the meta so I am happy with them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't kill sosilo, make opp side ability free.
    Twilight need buff, maybe location activation for free
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Valley of doom should exile creatures with cost4 or less.

Multiple trolls should survive tidal wave

Sinkhole should deal 3 damage

Ancient of aldmor should have another effect, maybe like brax soldier

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sosilo need some debuff, either limit is drawing capability or making the opponent side easier to discard your hand.

Now for the Buff :
    - Aldmor Sentry losest its defender ability and have underwhelming stats now, either make him 3/4 or 2/5.

- Gloomwielder buff is mentioned before but was scrapped, how about make her into "when summoned, Aldmor allies you control is immune to ability damage and ability activated using SE until the start of your next turn" ?

- Twilight Orphic, something to make Twilight more interesting to play "When Twilight Orphic enter play, all other friendly Twilight allies gain +1 health"

- Twilight Sheperdess, theoritically her ability can be powerfull when it works but her combo is very hard to get right, change its ability cost from 1cc to 1SE. This way at T4 I can play Tainted Oracle, use her ability and play another 4cc card

- Gaderi Braxno Citadel, some change to make it easier to counter opponent location, "T3, Your hero and allies you control have defender. Opposing players can't summon locations. // 1SE: This location is shuffled in owner Deck at the end of your turn"

- Irum Lightning Quarry, this location is kinda cool to play but it has a lot of problem either :
    A) you have location ready to play but you don't have lightning card or any ally (with lightning attack) that alive on the board
    B) you have location and lightning ready to play but no card left to play from the renewed resource or it's not the the right time to play it yet
    C) opponent doesn't play any allies
    D) Lightning Attack that could instantly trigger is still limited to Lightning Strike and Static Shock, there's Shock Conductor but you need to discard a card first
    I think that this location need to add more ability than just renewed resource maybe "3cc : seek an ability or ally with lightning attack" ?
    Last edited by Rajawali; 07-31-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes good like people said you need to nerf sosilo and lakmire. i dont think this was surprise since they are now as strong as they were before the first nerf. something to consider for future locations is that it is obvious people only play locations that help you get free draws. so you need to make the drawback for those locations bigger or not make it so easy to draw with them. the same problem is with the homonculus location but since it cost 1se people dont like it as much as the other two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another idea to buff for Twilight army
    - Twilight Luminary, "Friendly Twilight allies with cost 2cc or less is readied when they enter play"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Don't kill sosilo, make opp side ability free.
    Twilight need buff, maybe location activation for free
    I agree about sosilo opp side. Make it free.

Moment of A, is undercosted and should only disable the ally or deal 2 damages. Not both imo.

Lakmire needs to move to T4 with a better nc part.

Dead pass shouldn't force meek to all allies entering play. It prevent going to the face late game.

Citadel nc part should shuffle it back to the hand or exile all location.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will not mention cards that have already been stated.
    twilight shepherdess make it 2 cost 1/4. There are too many 3 cost twilights. On t2, it can be more viable.
    kiruth devotee his ability on 3cost is a little too much. But it is powerful if you activate it even once on either one of your monsters or the opponent's. Still, it is more expensive than vigilant wisp's ability and worse, since the wisp seeks sth spesific. Try making it at 2 to see what happens.
    forgotten horror more hp. Cut its attack if needed to balance it out. Even 3/6 is better if it can survive a nova.
    irum lighting quarry, make it trigger when the hero is hit too. Then LS could still do sth if the opponent does not use allies.
    racksul warped desert, since I cannot recycle a card from my graveyard, make it possible for two cards per round. It will not be much and it will be not easy to do, but it is a slight buff. The opponent's ability is better anyway, so even no cap on exiled cards can work actually :P Maybe vow to shatter ice to racksul can be worth a try.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sosilo should only have its controller effect proc once per turn. It's like release Scriptures of the Departed all over again. If you're going to discard a massive number of cards to a big combo, you should make it a big investment. Having a card that completely negates that and gives you extra is just too much. If it was capped at one proc, you will get a +1 with 1 discard, and a +0 with 2. Everything else will be negative, but you still got a partial refund of what you spent.

Next card I have to say is Sinkhole. I would change the immediate exile of a 2cc or lower to a kill, but change it so it exiles anything that gets killed by it (So exiles an ally that took lethal from it). And also, could we make it only account for active location. So send the active location to the bottom of the owner's Deck if it is not under your control.

I would also like to see Yahari return to 3SE, but make it exile at the end of the turn. So that way you can still wipe, but can't wipe and spam the board with weenies.

Wouldn't mind seeing Groundshift return back to its original state.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 08-03-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.