Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Change in rating?

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anything changed in the rating system this season.
    The top ratings are much higher than usual(you need to be 320+ to be in top 100, whereas 300 used to be more than enough), and I find out that I climb much faster than before.

Was there any changes in the algorithm or is it just a matter of circumstances?
    Just curious.

Thanks!
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It should be related to the change in the scoring of early quitters; since you get points from them it probably boosted the ratings higher. I can't find the link though.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's definitively something changed about the rating. I think rating is "inflated" by 20-30 pts compared to previous months (almost end of month and you need more than 320 to get into top 100, where as previously it was 290-300).
    I don't know what you did, but I haven't seen any communication about it (maybe I missed it) and I feel we lost a bit of continuity. Nowadays you can above 300 with almost anything and it feels like you made great deck even though that deck is just mediocre. This might make newbies bit lost when looking for good decks in official forum - previously 300+ deck was something tuned for meta, now it's almost anything, so people will look only on new decks (whoa 320 deck must be perfect) rather than look at the older decks which were probably better. Even I have now trouble guessing how good my deck really is, as I was above 320 with anything that I played and I play this game for couple of years
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also noticed I seem to be gaining lvls faster. I like the larger point spread regardless of what is causing it provided 250 is still the center, or at least where the algorithm is pressuring the score.