Zail's Hymn x2
    Tidal Wave x4
    Mass Purification x1

Items/Weapons/Artifacts:
    Glass Chalice of Knowing x3
    Scriptures of the Righteous x2
    Rod of Smiting x2

Total = 45 cards (incl. Hero)

I am basing this deck off of the Threbin Templar Control Deck. Some of the numbering on these cards is due to the fact that I am a relatively new player with limited resources who isn't quite willing yet to cough up the "big bucks" to buy a ton of SC. The other part of the numbering is that these are simply the cards I have.

I'm considering taking out Focused Prayer and including something else, but I'm not sure what yet. I would also like to perhaps include less allies or more targeted allies that will help to create synergy among the cards. I was hoping for a deck that can stall but also can deal damage when the time comes later in the game. I like the concept of the stall/control deck (a strategy I enjoy and use in other games like Yugioh, which I know is so little like SE that the comparison probably will make y'all laugh more than anything) but I find that I'm not quite sure how to use it / what to trash / good at it. To sum, I aimed for stall/control + ability/ally damage (something like a white/green, white/black MTG deck perhaps).

I haven't used this deck competitively, only against the AI and only against Zaladar (this is how you know I'm learning: I have trouble beating some of the AI opponents), so I understand if this deck isn't quite competitive or even good. So I ask: less lambasting, more revision; everyone will thank you.

Any help/strategy/revisions would be appreciated and considered.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know you are gold poor, but Theribin is a weapon based hero, you need more than 2 weapons. Start with what you can afford.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    I know you are gold poor, but Theribin is a weapon based hero, you need more than 2 weapons. Start with what you can afford.
    Do you have any suggestions RE: weapons? Also, how can you tell that Threbin is a weapons-based hero? I feel like there's something I'm missing. I'd like to keep the card count somewhere between 40 and 45.

Though going with around 50 targeted cards could help with stalling, especially if I had more healing abilities, no?

Should I ditch some of the allies? Some of the abilities?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
    Do you have any suggestions RE: weapons? Also, how can you tell that Threbin is a weapons-based hero? I feel like there's something I'm missing. I'd like to keep the card count somewhere between 40 and 45.
    Weapon based heroes tend to have abilities that are far more useful (often exclusively useful) when you have a weapon out. While Threbin's ability can be used defensively, it becomes far more useful when you have a weapon and can force the enemy hero or allies into combat with you.

As for his main weapons Rod of Smiting and either Wizent's Staff or Madelain's Sceptor as a second weapon depending on how your deck is supposed to work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Weapon based heroes tend to have abilities that are far more useful (often exclusively useful) when you have a weapon out. While Threbin's ability can be used defensively, it becomes far more useful when you have a weapon and can force the enemy hero or allies into combat with you.

As for his main weapons Rod of Smiting and either Wizent's Staff or Madelain's Sceptor as a second weapon depending on how your deck is supposed to work.
    Excellent. I added in a Madelain's Scepter and the Looter's Baton to bring the deck total to 48. Do I need more weapons? If I want to keep the number closer to 40-45, what do I need to take out?

Is this even a good deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd say most weapon heroes want around 7 weapons (7-9 normally but I prefer the low end).

Cards to cut depends on the direction you want to take your deck and your intended win con.

I would start by taking out Dirk, Ice Storm and a Healing Touch though.

Once you get more experience with the hero and more gold you can decide if you want to take it in a semi-solo direction or run something like 16 allies with high synergy with the rest of your deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is good advice. As I've been playing with Threbin, I see how essential weapons are to win, control the board, and draw cards.

Is Ice Storm not a good card for asserting board control? I've been finding it useful to wipe my opponents allies off the field so I can focus on damaging the hero? What would you suggest to replace it?

I assume by "semi-solo" you mean mostly weapons/abilities/artifacts with a few allies to help with board control? Would emphasizing Templar allies, do you think, allow me to build a good deck with synergy between the cards?

I can already control the flow fairly well, I think, but I will play more and experiment with different builds...just as soon as I play enough to get the gold/SC I need to buy weapons. I'm trying to succeed at this game sans real-world cash.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My First Threbin Deck — Any Suggestions Would be Appreciated

Ice Storm is not bad and actually has decent synergy with Threbin's ability, but you already have a lot of other control and you are tight on space since you are aiming for sub 45 cards (a good goal usually as close to 40 as possible is best).

Tidal wave deals with swarms and smite and hymn are target control.

Semi-solo means the bulk of your damage will come from non-allies (in Threbin's case the main source is weapons). The allies you do have tend to either have a specific niche purpose (devoted knight or guardian of Unaxio for example) or they have an ability that helps with your deck's main goals (like Justicar).

For maximizing synergy with Threbin most people go Templar allies (if they use allies). I do not know if that is the only way to go and I won't decide that for you. However, it is definitely a viable path if you want to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 07-31-2016 at 02:36 AM.