Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Garth's Twilight Orders

hello everyone.

serena was my first hero back when i started this game (years ago, during call of the crystals). i've played many heros, but been obsessed with rogues especially.

lately my obsession had a much narrow but much insistent turn: i wanted to create a deck that utilized the Vozitian Orders properly. This is the single most promising but most underused card of SE history in my eyes, so i was looking for a solution to bring it back to the game (back in the time, the card was tried to be utilised competitively, especially by bobross, but it has never become popular).

anyways, i've created the following deck, which i guess is quite competitive. i play it sometimes on QM, i'm around 315-325 rating, and the win rate is good.

i'm not part of any guilds, but i simply want some deckbuilders from the community to take the idea and develop it, the deck is still far from being ultimately refined.

here we go:

Hero: Garth Ravensoul

Allies:

4x Twilight Herald
    4x Twilight Lifebringer
    2x Demetreyo, Twilight Extremist
    3x Twilight Ritualist
    1x Twilight Shepherdess
    1x Twilight Orphic
    2x Twilight Champion
    2x Twilight Luminary
    1x Kallista, Twilight Matriarch
    1x Avatar of Twilight

Items&Abilities:
    2x Garth's Concoction
    4x Stop Thief
    1x Overwhelm
    3x Hit List
    4x Twilight Eidolon
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    4x Vozitian Orders
    1x Spirit Shuriken
    4x Anklebreaker

Total: 49 cards

so, what is the point?

the main idea is activate Twilight abilities that result in their death, summon another ally, bring it back to your hand via Vozitian Orders.

there are so many potential uses & combos that it is hard to write. i suggest you to watch some games from me (IGN: gutgut) to see what the deck can do. if you survive the game to the point where you have 2-3 allies on board with vozitian and 1-2 allies in your hand, you can kill the opponent from full health in 1-2 turns.

take this example:
    you have kallista and shepherdess on board. summon demetreyo, activate shepherdess' ability, you only lost 1 resource up to now. attack with demetreyo. activate kallista's ability. attack again with demetreyo. summon another ally, bring demetreyo back. summon demetreyo again, attack again. you've dealt 12 damage only from demetreyo.
    you can do the same with ritualist to remove many control cards (attachments, items etc) and allies, without losing the ritualist.
    avatar... this guy is a killer against priests who depend on tidal wave. you keep him in hand always. tidal wave? summon avatar, summon another ally and bring avatar back. don't keep him on board. if you have kallista, even more awesome.

generally, if you can get to the point where you settle your mechanics, you don't even need to draw any more cards. you play with the ones you already have.

rush decks are hard match-ups. control decks are the who this deck generally preys on.

so, any feedback would be much appreciated.

have fun everyone.
    Last edited by Jacobin; 07-26-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your missing Votazin, my first advice is 4x Votazin.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    Your missing Votazin, my first advice is 4x Votazin.
    Oh, of course the deck has 4 vozitian orders, forgot to write apparently. Will edit, thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You might want to add Lorhon: Twilight Encampment. Being able to Seek for such a cheep cost is a big deal.

I've also noticed that Aldmor Scavenger is pretty awesome with Twilight Rogues, because you can return Hit List and Twilight Eidolon to your hands.