Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New here have questions

I started to follow this guide here called "Raph's New Player Introduction to Quick Matches (Majiya)".

In this guide it also says there is a promotion that gives new players 100 sc but I only get 25 I think from level ups and
    had 0 when I started. Is there any promotion or anything new that I can redeem and take advantage of as a new player?

As far as that guide goes I just noticed last night that it was posted on 2012. I am pretty sure if that is the case many things
    have changed so is it wise to continue to follow it? is there a better starting deck and strategy to follow?

In my short time playing I noticed one thing. I need to hella grind the normal mission one to many times which seems
    extremely redundant and boring. I tried to break this cycle by opening an battle to learn a bit more but with real people
    and I waited on opponent for 15+ minutes before I gave up and closed the client. I tried again this morning and got nothing.
    With that being said it looks like I am stuck playing against the AI forever. I still enjoy the game and plan to log on to at least
    burn some time with 2-3 games maybe more. What else is there to do to break the grind cycle if no one joins battle games?

Last question. If for whatever reason you had to start over. Which class would you pick and with 100 sc what starter deck would you
    build for AI grinding now?

Thanks for the feedback in advance

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I'm concerned about the 15+ minutes wait. Which version are you on? It should be 3.14

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi. I'm concerned about the 15+ minutes wait. Which version are you on? It should be 3.14
    I just opened the launcher and its says v3.1420

Last night i even left the computer and came back and it was still on waiting opponent. I am not sure how the system works here. If I am paired with someone or what? Maybe since my rating was 0 it was pairing me with no one?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Run away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just played my first quick matches yesterday returning to the game starting at 0 rating and it took a long while to find that first game for me as well. From what I observed it begins to find matches easier after your first few games after your rating goes up a little so Im guessing there might not be as much lower rated players this late into the month.

Maybe try again during different times of the day, but if youre still not getting any quick matches you can always keep an eye on the global chat for people requesting unrated matches or host an unrated match yourself.

If I had to start over Boris or Eladwen would be good choices, they have easy to use hero abilities which rely less on what cards you have in your deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game.

The wait time thing seems a bit long to me too. Was it a pokemon holiday or some sh-t?

Raphael's and Wtzky's guides were great at the time they were written but they are dated. Not in a way that will have really hurt you for following them. The basic idea of starting with Eladwen and then working with Majiya is great.

If I were to start again I would choose Eladwen. I used to include Boris (and Zhanna if I knew you in RL). But, after the 250sc decks came out with lovely Raikka it's just more cost effective to start with a mage, and better time wise too because only Zaladar can make a faster farming deck than the mages.

Buy the other mages individually ignoring Loest. 200g each I think.

Buy the 100sc Elemental starter deck.

Buy Praxix - just the hero.

Build my farming deck: SF Zaladar Crush. (It's really cheap and you will win quickly almost every time. And you can keep it to the side while you improve your mage decks.)

Buy the 250sc Shadow mage (Raikka).

Sit on my SC and buy individual cards to make a worth while mage deck that doesn't really require much thought so I can mess around in ranked and see what other people are using and what I like etc. Obviously most people will also be messing around with elemental decks too at this point.

Build something that looks fun.

If you know you are going to spend money on the game then get a crystals anthology deck. Aside from having cool stuff like the alt art/foil cards and the two legendary heroes half the deck is pure mage fun and well combined with what you have starting out it's more useful. Rather than like when I got it (all I got out of it was the heroes and the alt art - though the 3 extra copies of each of the heroes I ended up with got me a lot of gold).

Buy a slot for an extra Zaladar deck if I decide I want to drag him into ranked too.

Other than that I would buy starter decks based on what would give me the least amount of redundant cards and then buy only Raika (250) or Elemental (100) starters if I'm looking to get some easy gold. Mostly I'd strive to be more frugal with the sc than I have been.

Hmm, just had a thought. Were you playing meltdown? Sometimes there are waits for that. Actually meltdown is great. You don't need a huge library of cards to do really well in it and you can win stuff weekly if you rank high enough. Plus it will expose you to lots of cards quickly in a game context. Only catch is that you have to make a deck out of 4 boosters for each game. Still, really fun. I wish I had the time to actually play it to compete rather than just randomly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ola pessoal. Eu sou novo jogador de SE também, sou do Brasil e gostaria de algumas dicas ou links que eu possa entender como funcionam os torneios. Alem disso eu iniciei com o Deck de Victor Heartstriker (Hunter) e gostaria de dicas, o que é melhor a se fazer? Comprar cartas para esse Deck e torna-lo poderoso ou abandona-lo e iniciar outro?

Muito Obrigado!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello people. I'm new SE player too, I'm from Brazil and would like some tips or links so I can understand how the tournaments work. In addition to that I started with the deck of Victor Heartstriker (Hunter) and I would like Tips, What is Better to do? Buy cards to this Deck and make it powerful or abandon it and start another?

Thank you!