Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    With Part 1 out now, to add to a pool that otherwise had not grown in 2 years and bring us up to 621 cards, we have shifted focus to delivering the Kickstarter features as a priority, as opposed to releasing the next mini-expansion (Part 2) so soon.

With a decent size pool already, adding extra cards now will not help the game as much as delivering campaigns and in-game tournaments, for example, as well as some other ideas we have for increasing novelty. Having said that, there is the possibility of new cards related to the campaign.
    Unfortunately, I don't believe the market is there to print them right now. Sure, we could bankrupt the company and subsequently kill the game to do a print run for the people really keen to get SF in their hands, but we owe it to all the players who still demand and expect and enjoy new things from us (and servers to connect to) to concentrate on the core digital game. I kinda enjoy working here as well.

But this is a painful trade-off for me personally because I know those who have played the physical game really enjoy it. If we had the marketing dollars and reach in the physical world to grow the game, I'm sure we'd sell out of our product. Instead, we need to try to grow the physical organically whilst focusing on the digital side, trying to bring in new players and to retain or pull back old players. The new features should do this. They will hopefully become exposed to the option of the physical format and its benefits while playing SE in digital form.

The numbers dont lie. Unfortunately there has been a lot trial and error but I'm glad to see that the thinking is on the right track

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately, I don't believe the market is there to print them right now. Sure, we could bankrupt the company and subsequently kill the game to do a print run for the people really keen to get SF in their hands, but we owe it to all the players who still demand and expect and enjoy new things from us (and servers to connect to) to concentrate on the core digital game. I kinda enjoy working here as well.

But this is a painful trade-off for me personally because I know those who have played the physical game really enjoy it. If we had the marketing dollars and reach in the physical world to grow the game, I'm sure we'd sell out of our product. Instead, we need to try to grow the physical organically whilst focusing on the digital side, trying to bring in new players and to retain or pull back old players. The new features should do this. They will hopefully become exposed to the option of the physical format and its benefits while playing SE in digital form.
    Hi- Is there a reason that you are not on Steam? I saw this idea on another thread and it seems like a great avenue to expand your digital footprint.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Asazal View Post
    Hi- Is there a reason that you are not on Steam? I saw this idea on another thread and it seems like a great avenue to expand your digital footprint.
    He responded in that thread with this.

This has always been suggested in the past, but pretty much it just came down to not having the sort of features that would make it thrive on steam instead of being forgotten. I still say the game's chat system needs to be more robust as well as inviting friends to play private matches from within the game, the game relies too much on 3rd party software to do things like guilds and tournaments. A functioning friend's list could go a long way as well. That kind of stuff should be there for a steam release.

More on the original topic, I'm glad to see that new features are taking priority. Players will get more time to play the game and learn its ins and outs before its changed dramatically again. Not to mention, this gives the testing group a bit more time to play matches and really get a feel for the cards which hopefully will mean less changes once the cards actually hit (although i wouldn't count on it ).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why do u want a LL Part 2 update, if they killed all the LL ideas from part 1 with extremist Nerfs/balances Changes?
    Every new mechanic has been deleted or nerfed, so... even if they give us new cards, will be "More of same"... SE dev is stuck anyway.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asazal View Post
    I'll quote myself direct from that other thread:

"Going to Steam was in the plans, but it's being delayed until Campaign mode is released since that should help the new player experience and reception on Steam."

I think Demnchi did a decent job of elaborating on that. (Thanks, buddy!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updates every other month vitalizes a game, it gives it youth and more room for exploration. This is a classic game in my eyes and I will always play.
    Just need some new features more frequently especially expansions �� ...