Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

An Existing Game in Progress

hi,
    I've encountered a few times recently an error where I was first unsuccessfully connecting to game server after hitting battle, and when I wanted to start QM again, an error msg below was shown

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 20.29.30.jpg

can this be improved or prevented? i guess i've also lost score & rating due to this error?
    thanks for looking into it

regards,

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. So you hit Battle and never got into the game and instead got Can't Connect to Server message? What's your IGN?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes i got can't connect to server msg, ign is tolerance

guessed opposite player also have to waited till the game was time-out

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will there be a fix on this issue in upcoming release?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    Will there be a fix on this issue in upcoming release?
    As far as I know, you're the only person with this issue, and maybe the message is legit in that there's another game still in progress (maybe on another instance of the client?) I've just checked your account and you seem to switch between two different IP addresses within a short space of time. If one isn't closed off properly, then it might still think the game is there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the switch between IP was due to VPN, because local IP connect poorly thus i switch to try the virtual one, which succeed most of the time in getting a connection to the server.

i was wondering this 'another game still in progress' issue might be due to connection was not secured enough? the other player already see me joining their game and waiting for my move however i was still left out on the challenge page

anyway i'll try to live with VPN, thanks

edit: on 1st Sep alone there should be 2 incidents where i was not able to enter game after hitting battle, after a while i lost some rating. it's not shown in my history however i believe in the server log there should be showing me loosing 2 times during T1.
    Last edited by tolerance; 09-02-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've had this happen in the past. It has been a while. I also think I've been on the other side of it as well. When the timer goes past 2:45 I know there is a problem, usually takes 10 minutes to finally time out. I've also heard people talk in the chat about it as well. Again it has been a while since it's happened to me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    I've had this happen in the past. It has been a while. I also think I've been on the other side of it as well. When the timer goes past 2:45 I know there is a problem, usually takes 10 minutes to finally time out. I've also heard people talk in the chat about it as well. Again it has been a while since it's happened to me
    I know this used to happen a lot and it was caused by two main things:

1) Bad timing of the lobby refreshing when you joined the game, but we made the lobby stop refreshing so regularly and that effectively ruled that out.
    2) Sometimes you could accidentally hit Battle twice which would confuse the client and have you join the first game but then the client would try to put you into the second one and fail because you were already entered into the first (from perspective of the server) even though you could not interact with that first game. We fixed that a few versions ago.

I don't know if the reintroduction of the Cancel button while waiting has brought about a third possible way you could seem to be in a game when you weren't. I really need to catch the situation while it's happening to have a decent idea of what might be going on. For now, I'll assume it's the VPN/connection IP address thing specific to tolerance unless I hear of more people having issues.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is happening to me as im typing, I joined game, shoved out, now existing game I search my games and I can see it. This sucks I am on a 15 game win streak too

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    This is happening to me as im typing, I joined game, shoved out, now existing game I search my games and I can see it. This sucks I am on a 15 game win streak too
    What does "shoved out" mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk