Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Card Bug List - 3.14

Hi all,

v3.14, which is now out on PC, Mac, Android and iOS, includes fixes for almost all known reproduceable card bugs in previous versions, but there are most likely bugs lurking there, waiting to be discovered and reported by our very helpful community.

That's where you come in! Please report card bugs that you find in 3.14 on this thread, ideally with a reference to a match that took place (names of both players) and any details that might be relevant to the bug happening.

If you aren't sure something is a card behaviour bug, post it in its own thread for discussion first. If you are not using 3.14 please see other bug threads for whether your bug has already been found and fixed.

Please note: If you have experienced a bug that isn't related to a card or group of cards behaving incorrectly, it's best to put that in its own thread. I'm tracking incorrect card behaviour here and then fixing accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation with this.

KNOWN REPORTED CARD BUGS IN 3.14

SE-1029 - Damage from Urigon's Fang is being sourced to the item as opposed to its controller's hero. (Fixed in 3.15.)

SE-1031 - Poor Quality should not increase durability lost as an activation cost. (Fixed in 3.15.)

SE-1032 - Deepwood Bobcat doesn't count a card as summoned if it has no effect. (Fixed in 3.15.)

SE-1033 - Phoenix Urigon needs wording change and associated code change. (Fixed in 3.15.)

SE-1034 - Activated abilities that exile should be usable on steadfast allies for no effect. (Fixed in 3.15.)

SE-1035 - When a card reduces its own summoning cost it should not be considered a passive ability. (Fixed in 3.15.)

SE-1037 - Thoughtful Investment is not updating available resources immediately after triggering (To be fixed in 3.16.)

SE-971 - Bazaar draws cards before effects triggered by Crescendo destruction have finished. (Requires major overhaul of turn-ending and turn-starting code, so deferred for now.)

SE-998 - Eternal Troll killed at the end of turn sometimes behaves as though killed at start of the next. (See above.)

SE-1020 - Hit List can be activated when an opposing Twilight died at the end of opponent's turn and was revived by Twilight Eidolon. (See above.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Opponent has Cinderborn Fatebreaker in play, I summon Bobcat, I summon Hunter's Gambit, Cinderborn triggers and Gambit goes to graveyard, Bobcats do not get haste.
    Bobcat gaining haste is an effect of bobcat, not the card that triggered it, therefore it's beyond the scope of Cinderborn's ability. Cinderborn's ability is exactly the same as bobcat's. They are both triggered by summoning. The only difference between the two is SRO says that Bobcat should trigger first. If Cinderborn could cancel Bobcat's ability, then it would have to cancel its own ability as well.

Incidentally this bug was already addressed fairly recently with regards to how it affects Confluence of Fate, which has been fixed so that it now correctly triggers and draws cards even if an attachment was nullified by Cinderborn.

Also regarding enchcanted oak - I haven't noticed since I never see anyone playing that card, but if it prevents other cards like CoF, incense of atonement, or Bobcat from triggering in response to a summon, then I would argue that it is also bugged.

I think what's happened here is that people have gotten used to the way that the card works in the game, and didn't realize that it's not consistent with the wording of the card or rules of SRO.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Gambit should be considered summoned by Bobcat, even if it has "no effect" which refers only to its own effect as written on the card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks, I'll look into it. Gambit should be considered summoned by Bobcat, even if it has "no effect" which refers only to its own effect as written on the card.
    That's good news. A wording overhaul would be... *shudders*
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rekiapo vs ETC BobRoss

Opponent played a Phoenix Urigon
    I used victor's ability and gambit to kill it and drew two cards. One of those cards was layarian diplomat. Since Urigon's ability specifies "and is readied at the end of the turn." I thought diplomat would negate that effect, however it did not (urigon was readied anyway).

Now as I write this I'm rethinking this and thinking - The Urigon that had that "readied at end of turn" effect is no longer in play (I killed it - its on-death effect triggered and then it left play replaced by a new burning urigon) - so this is a weird and unique situation where a card that is no longer in play can have a delayed effect.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Rekiapo vs ETC BobRoss

Opponent played a Phoenix Urigon

1.I used victor's ability and gambit to kill it and drew two cards. One of those cards was layarian diplomat. Since Urigon's ability specifies "and is readied at the end of the turn." I thought diplomat would negate that effect, however it did not (urigon was readied anyway).

2.Now as I write this I'm rethinking this and thinking - The Urigon that had that "readied at end of turn" effect is no longer in play (I killed it - its on-death effect triggered and then it left play replaced by a new burning urigon) - so this is a weird and unique situation where a card that is no longer in play can have a delayed effect.
    1. All the revival effects that specify something additional about the revival are telling you what will happen to the card when it is back in play, treated as a new copy of that card with some modifications (e.g. ablaze and 3/5 and readied at the end of the turn). The last part is not a passive ability of the new Phoenix Urigon but an effect that was done to it by another card, the original Phoenix Urigon. BUT .....

2. You are right that the original PU is not in play any more so how can it have this delayed effect of readying? I think we have to EITHER:
    a) accept that the returned card is aware of what it was previously to cause this effect (it's only ever going to happen when it brought itself back) and indeed we rely on this to do the other things like +1/+1 when it comes back
    b) come up with a different way to word the effect we want
    c) change the card to fit in with accepted rules about effects only working when the card is in play to provide that effect.
    I think we could probably just say it is immediately readied if it's not the controller's turn. e.g. "When Phoenix Urigon is killed while it is not ablaze, it returns to play set ablaze, with +1 base attack and +1 health (and it is readied if it wasn't your turn). When Phoenix Urigon is ablaze, it has fire attack."

Acceptable?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. All the revival effects that specify something additional about the revival are telling you what will happen to the card when it is back in play, treated as a new copy of that card with some modifications (e.g. ablaze and 3/5 and readied at the end of the turn). The last part is not a passive ability of the new Phoenix Urigon but an effect that was done to it by another card, the original Phoenix Urigon. BUT .....

2. You are right that the original PU is not in play any more so how can it have this delayed effect of readying? I think we have to EITHER:
    a) accept that the returned card is aware of what it was previously to cause this effect (it's only ever going to happen when it brought itself back) and indeed we rely on this to do the other things like +1/+1 when it comes back
    b) come up with a different way to word the effect we want
    c) change the card to fit in with accepted rules about effects only working when the card is in play to provide that effect.
    I think we could probably just say it is immediately readied if it's not the controller's turn. e.g. "When Phoenix Urigon is killed while it is not ablaze, it returns to play set ablaze, with +1 base attack and +1 health (and it is readied if it wasn't your turn). When Phoenix Urigon is ablaze, it has fire attack."

Acceptable?
    yeah, I was thinking the simplest fix would be a wording change too. My ideas were - "When Phoenix Urigon is ablaze it is readied at the end of each turn." or "Phoenix Urigon is readied at the end of a turn that it came into play" - making it a passive of the second Urigon, rather than that weird delayed effect. It changes this one really unusual situation with diplomat - so it would be a tiny nerf, but it's such an unusual situation (using diplomat after killing urigon is a misplay, unless you drew it after killing urigon), I don't imagine anyone would notice or care - and it would leave the rules simpler and more consistent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    yeah, I was thinking the simplest fix would be a wording change too. My ideas were - "When Phoenix Urigon is ablaze it is readied at the end of each turn."
    I like that yeah. It's usually of no consequence after the turn of revival - maybe only Coercion is the exception, so you can't steal it and hit with it and leave it exhausted for opponent. I'll need to revert this bug fix, which was caused by the original implementation readying him at the end of every turn! http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE-875

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like that yeah. It's usually of no consequence after the turn of revival - maybe only Coercion is the exception, so you can't steal it and hit with it and leave it exhausted for opponent. I'll need to revert this bug fix, which was caused by the original implementation readying him at the end of every turn! http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE-875
    hah, neat...so it probably was working about the best way possible then, just needed a wording fix for that coercion interaction. So tiny nerf for the diplomat move, tiny buff for the coercion counter. Seems like a wash.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still a bug with chests and foils not being shown that has been reported previously but not addressed - screen shot from a few days ago:

and yes library was fully loaded - I saw this happen on my alt account a couple months back and waited for it to happen again, been ages since I got a foil on my main and no idea what it was now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    Still a bug with chests and foils not being shown that has been reported previously but not addressed - screen shot from a few days ago:

and yes library was fully loaded - I saw this happen on my alt account a couple months back and waited for it to happen again, been ages since I got a foil on my main and no idea what it was now
    Yep that has happened to me quite a few times too and at least two of them were after the 3.142 release.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO