Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Resolution not Saving

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.
    Game version v3.1420

I've installed using the Shadow Era Launcher and when the unity graphics setting appears during the launch steps, it always ignores whatever graphic/resolution settings I choose. I can't switch between fullscreen or window(unless I alt + enter) and I can't choose a resolution, its always stuck at a low one. So using alt+enter to go fullscreen only gives me a blurry resolution because its lower than my screen.

I have run the launcher as Admin. I have run shadowera.exe as Admin. I have uninstalled the game and deleted all files I could find including the .../appdata/locallow/wulven game studios/... I've restarted the computer too.

And what irks me is my brother does not have this problem on his Windows 8 laptop. He has to use 'run as admin' to make it work, but it works nonetheless. I personally do NOT think this is related to the operating system, I used to be able to change graphic settings without a problem. I think there is some variable I haven't found yet on my computer.

Also, if I use the zipped directory available here: http://cdn.shadowera.com/patcher/pc/ShadowEra.zip
    it works fine. It also saves the resolution settings and those settings are saved universally so when I launch with the old install directory, its the settings I want.

So I want to know:
    How do I fix this so I don't have to use the zipped install to change resolution settings?
    Where are these resolution settings saved? Maybe that is related to the solution.
    Last edited by meek; 06-24-2016 at 03:18 AM.
    Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.