Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: v3.14 OP deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Burst draw needs a cap. CoF needed one, Vess has one now. Things with no limitation will be abuse eventualy.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wouldn't call this deck OP... maybe a NPE when you can't deal with the combo and lose taking 20 damage on turn 5. Doesn't happen often though.

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've only played this deck a handful of times and I'm surprised that not more people are complaining about being able to empty out your hand to 1 card and then having it filled back to full as your turn ends. On top of that you get to hit your opponent for ~10 damage. I think Sosilo definitely needs a cap based on what I've seen so far. I'll continue to take advantage of this deck and see how far I'll end up, but the meta might get full of Sosilo before I get too far given my average playtime.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play similar concept with Sosilo: Ythan Aetherborn Wisp. And I think that Sosilo will need some nerf. Itīs damn superpowerfull draw engine considering 0cc cost. Not sure if cap is the right way. I would like to make non-controler ability 0SE to make this location more double edge sword.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a question.... I am NOT a great player by any stretch of the imagination, rather just like strategy and to play. Im not positive what my highest rating has ever been, and dont really care. Im not even sure what rating I am at now, lol. But after casually playing here for a long time (VERY long compared to some), I find myself confused about the same issue, and this is exactly the type of thing I mean. IF I TOLD YOU I HAD A DECK THAT WAS LITERALLY UNBEATABLE, 100% OF THE TIME, WOULD YOU USE IT??? I dont just mean to try it out and see if it was, I mean KEEP using it? I know not everyone thinks like I do, and ratings are some peoples reason for existing, but if you like playing the game, and consider yourself a GOOD STRATEGIC PLAYER, the answer would have to be "NO", wouldnt it? Who wants a for sure win, EVERY TIME? Now the person who came up with the idea, and the card combos, etc., now THEY are a strategist and excellent player, and I tip my hat to them. ANYONE other than THAT person, is NOT!
    Just for fun, I asked my kid (age is LESS than 13) to use this deck, about 5 weeks ago. Lets just say that she is WELL over 290, and had NEVER played this game before!!! I just briefly explained how to play and off she went. Which is my point. I have NEVER commented in here before, but this was just too funny. My intent was NOT to be a jerk, but rather that I get comments from people who are STILL playing this deck, and then run their mouths, lol. They even post on here (you KNOW who you are), and I dont need to name names, but seriously, to comment in here about how awesome you are, and run mouths in game, with all the attitude cranked up, is a joke. I still play against this deck, but when I see it brought out, I dont fear it, rather i ignore the rating of the player with it and pity them, (EXCEPT FOR THE ONE WHO FIRST CAME UP WITH IT OF COURSE...BIG RESPECT!), and wonder how they could have a lower rating that my kid.
    This goes out ONLY to those I see playing it multiple times (some always), but especially to those whom this is their main deck....and complain and blast me if you like, that way I wont have to call you out by name!

Again, just a thought all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally, when someone posts that a deck is OP, I'd rather have a lot of people use that deck as much as possible. The results of people using this deck will help inform the developers if it truly is OP. If people only used it for a couple of times, nothing conclusive would come out of it. The more people play broken combos now, the better balance there will be later on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to say that this deck is super-beatable but definitely NPE.

Sadly I found a lot of carbon copy of this deck on QM (3 out of my last 5 games) and makes the game a Aramia / anti-Aramia meta.

I don't think thats good for the game development and I suggest a rework for Sosilo. I think the non-contoller side ability should either remove the "kill an ally" requirement or make it 0se. That balances out the insane draw power of the controller side.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Due to Aramia, I now play 4 copies of location in most of my decks.

Still I was beaten in turn 5 because I didn't draw a card location. He had perfect opening hand and follow up. It was like on auto mode. Its still in my history. I was baffled and marveled at the same time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty sweet deck. Just used it one time. Going to play with the OP's list, probably just remove bannerman to begin with.

Currently using the following list:

Hero: Aramia (40 card)

Allies (4):
    4x Knight of Unaxio

Abilities (27):
    4x Moment of Acquiescence
    4x Retreat!
    4x Bad Santa
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    1x A Legend Rises
    4x Supernova
    2x Ley Line Nexus

Items (4):
    4x Justicar's Cape

Locations (4):
    4x Sosilo: Brothers' Landing

I have limited experience with this deck so far but it's pretty nuts. I even made a misplay and it didn't matter. I added Ley line nexus to combat spelleater bands.
    Last edited by akratch; 06-30-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sitting at 325 due to the above list. Not playing much but usually winning. 20-4 with 1 loss each to the following heroes:

I tried 4x Glimmer of Hope instead of Bad Santa but switched back.