Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CengizhanTR View Post
    I bought every single of those sleeves and mats on their release date thinking they would never be sold again like preorder exclusives, if i knew they'd be sold again i would never even bother buying them. I do feel scammed %100 about it, even tho its a nice gesture for you guys, not for me. They lost all their value in my eyes.
    I'll just be over here rolling my eyes. They cost the exact same--they were very briefly reopened. They lost zero value. It's digital content, anyway.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    I'll just be over here rolling my eyes. They cost the exact same--they were very briefly reopened. They lost zero value. It's digital content, anyway.
    They have no inherent value, as they serve no functional purpose. They have no resale value, as you cannot re-sell them. So the value is only aesthetic - that is to say, defined by the user. If Cengizhan's idea of value is based on having something that few others do (something rare) then his value has just been eroded. Further, he bought the thing on the promise that it would not be put back on sale - i.e. he had a fair idea that it would remain rare. Not only was this promise broken, but in doing so, Wulven have indicated that they might do so again.

Imagine if you bought a rare baseball card (or similar) ... but then the publisher did a massive print run and everyone has a copy of your special card. Not cool.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    They have no inherent value, as they serve no functional purpose. They have no resale value, as you cannot re-sell them. So the value is only aesthetic - that is to say, defined by the user. If Cengizhan's idea of value is based on having something that few others do (something rare) then his value has just been eroded. Further, he bought the thing on the promise that it would not be put back on sale - i.e. he had a fair idea that it would remain rare. Not only was this promise broken, but in doing so, Wulven have indicated that they might do so again.

Imagine if you bought a rare baseball card (or similar) ... but then the publisher did a massive print run and everyone has a copy of your special card. Not cool.
    The "promise that it would not be put back on sale"?

You can check the cached version of one of the pages on google to see that, in fact, it said "Exclusive, limited time card sleeve!":

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

It's sold exclusively in the online store and it was available for limited time, and bringing back for another week is still limited time. If it were on sale all the time, then it would not be limited time. If it was available for sale anywhere else, then it would not be exclusive. Seems like the wording matches what happened.

Can we go back to appreciating Kyle now?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah that's quite stupid not thinking there will be unlimited number of or multiple limited times. Very smart move Kyle, here is your appreciation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Because no one's taken a limited time offer and offered it again "due to popular demand." Get over yourselves.

At any rate, thanks for offering it again! While I didn't have the opportunity to buy them, I'm sure many appreciated the chance to catch up.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    [deleted response, no need to dignify that kind of person/"guild" with one]
    Last edited by Zyraquis; 06-22-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    yeah that's quite stupid not thinking there will be unlimited number of or multiple limited times. Very smart move Kyle, here is your appreciation.
    It's a limited number of limited times.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i love you kyle, you are a pain in the butt and i am one too but we all do love this game.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post

Can we go back to appreciating Kyle now?
    Appreciating Kyle? For what? He just lies over and over again and deceives the players. There is no reason to appreciate him for his recent actions.
    Messenger of the misty night
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranĝelo View Post
    Appreciating Kyle? For what? He just lies over and over again and deceives the players. There is no reason to appreciate him for his recent actions.
    If you can't think of anything nice to say, this obviously isn't the thread for you.