Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oggys control attachment zhanna

Introduction: Hello everyone, today I am going to be doing a guide to my control attachment Zhanna. This is a deck very much like Bob Ross' Zhanna, although I had not seen it before I made my deck. However, my deck differs to his deck in some ways I'd like to talk about.

Deck List: http://tools.shadowera.net/cards/#/v...f093x4:sf177x3

Hero: Zhanna Mist

Allies (10):
    4x Radiant Wisp
    2x Fortified Wisp
    4x General of Unaxio

Abilities (34):
    4x For Unaxio!
    2x Strength of Conviction
    2x Reinforced Armor
    4x Arada Jewels
    2x Sinkhole
    2x Focused Prayer
    4x Holy Shield
    4x Zail's Hymn
    4x Confluence of Fate
    2x A Legend Rises
    4x Tidal Wave

Items (11):
    4x Tome of Blessings
    4x Glass Chalice of Knowing
    3x Robes of Mending

= 56 cards

Card Choices: Zhanna: Your hero. The reason I run Zhanna as opposed to Jericho or Threbin is simple. Zhanna heals. Jericho's ability is often useless, and threbins simply cannot control the board. Zhanna's heal helps in so many clutch situations where every point of health matters.

Radiant Wisp: This card almost makes the deck. The ability to get +1/+1 from each attachment is amazing, especially since it stacks with arada jewels. Be careful against elementals however, you do not want to be dealt 10+ damage to your face for a 5 mana spell! This card also works with tidal wave for ridiculous card advantage, as all attachments are returned to your hand.

Fortified Wisp: Can be amazing. Combined with tome of blessings and reinforced armor, this minion takes 5 less damage from each attack. This allows you to easily trade with opponent or just smack face, knowing that your opponent cant stop it without removal.

General of Unaxio: This card is so versatile. It can pull you confluence if you play it early, or holy shield to give you that one more turn you need to hit face. If your opponent has a big creature you are worried about, zail's hymn. If you havent drawn them yet, you can pull your For Unaxio! or Arada Jewels. If your opponent has crippling blowed your big minion you can grab a legend rises. Amazingly versatile, as well as a strong body.

For Unaxio! : I have no idea why Bob Ross doesnt run 4x this card. It gives you a free draw every single turn with confluence, as well as +2/+3 attack on your minion. An amazing card.

Strength Of Conviction: I only run 2 of this card due to the fact that there are more homunculi in my deck than templars, so it is not as strong as it could be. However, the fact that it is 1 mana, so you can slip it in early, often makes all the difference.

Reinforced armor : Most people view this card as crap. But not in this deck. 2 mana to give a minion +1/+1 or +2/+2 is good, combined with the reduced damage is amazing. Reduced damage allows so mana clean trades and makes your minion even harder to kill with a board.

Arada Jewels: 2 mana give target ally +6/+6.

Sinkhole: I only include this card for the godamn 1/5 2 mana wisp. The seek a homonculus is so overpowered. I guess you could use it on other allies. I would not recommend it however.

Focused Prayer: Helps against weapon/item based matchups. Good against the few people still playing shard zal. Bob Ross runs 4 of this. I guess you could, its a strong card. But i would prefer to draw into other cards.

Holy shield: This card basically reads 'deal 10+ damage to your opponents face if this card is not removed'. You stay alive.

Zail's Hymn: This is priests BEST single target removal. You have to include it in all control priests.

Confluence of fate: How you draw cards. You play this card early. Then you repeatedly for unaxio. I have found myself in situations where I have less cards left in my deck than a 40 card deck. It is an insane draw card.

ALR: This makes up for the fact that Jericho is not your hero. You need some way of dealing with it if your opponent crippling blows your big guy.

Tidal Wave: This is priests BEST multi target removal. You have to include it in all control priests.

Tome of Blessings: This card is so overpowered, its insane. All of your allies are sandworms. Massive, 15/15 sandworms.

Glass Chalice of Knowing: Allows you to pull the card you need, when you need it. However, it would be good to make sure that you wont need to heal yourself next turn before you draw with it. Always think ahead.

Robes of mending: Once you have stemmed your opponent's aggression, you need some way of coming back on the life total. That is this card. 3x because one to sac, one to be removed, 1 to keep. Always sac this card if it is in your opening hand.

Notable cards Bob Ross included that I didn't:

Sabreen: I dont want to discard cards from my hand. This card is good, but not as good as fortified wisp in my opinion.

Guardian of unaxio: I do consider putting this card in my deck. I just can't find space for it.

Devoted Knight: I dont want to contest the board, I want to be greedy to get a good t5 tidal wave

Spirit Of Devotion and bad santa and Forgiveness: I have enough draw at the moment in my opinion.

Resurrection: This deck has 10 allies. I dont think that resurrection helps too much.

Sacred Fire Walker: Tried this card, but Reinforced armor is way stronger.

Live together, Die alone: Feel free to use this instead of Robes of Mending.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oops, created the thread with my old forum account
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks like a strong deck. When I play control priest I often am low or out of health before I set up. Do you have this problem, or a good way around it, other than hoping you draw tidal wave in time?
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting deck Oggy, I see some cool things in this deck and also some weaknesses. Basically, where my other zhanna deck is strong, this deck doubles down. You can get that monster ally victory with this deck with much more ease, when you have a good matchup. The challenge as I see it from looking at the deck list is the bad matchups and bad draws. To me it reads a lot like the attachment decks from SF - potentially very strong in certain matches, but possibly lacking in consistency (correct me if I'm wrong here, I haven't seen it played, just looking at a decklist).

The main issues that I see are a low ally count, which means that if you don't get an ally to stick, you could be in trouble. Also using holy shield to keep an ally alive is great, until it's not (due to cards like retreat, or victor + gambit, or removal, etc.). I also see a lot of potentially dead draws here, which is already a challenge for me in my Zhanna deck. I can't afford to be waiting 5 turns for an ally and drawing for unaxios and tome of blessings instead. I envision a lot of games here where your hand is full of attachments that you can't use, and you're just resourcing them as fast as you can to dig for that ally.

What's interesting to me about this is in some ways it looks like my take on zhanna and in other ways it is exactly the type of deck I don't like to play - it has a specific plan (make an unkillable fatty), and it either wins on that plan or it fizzles. Don't get me wrong, that's a perfectly respectable way to play, it's just not my style - when I lose a game, I want to feel like there was something I could have done to win it, and so I build decks with plan A, B and C all rolled into one. This deck reminds me instead of shadow homunc decks that go hard for plan A; "Win big or go home". My motto is more like, "no one goes home until I say so."

Also, where's booomerang?
    Last edited by bobrossw; 06-14-2016 at 01:49 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    This looks like a strong deck. When I play control priest I often am low or out of health before I set up. Do you have this problem, or a good way around it, other than hoping you draw tidal wave in time?
    It is reasonably easy to draw tidal wave, as you have glass chalice and you can reduce deck size with general etc. Once you do, you will often focus your se into healing yourself, then using robes of mending to stall out. So yes I have this problem. You will probably win most games at less than half health. But it is winnable imo.
    A member of ETC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    The main issues that I see are a low ally count, which means that if you don't get an ally to stick, you could be in trouble. Also using holy shield to keep an ally alive is great, until it's not (due to cards like retreat, or victor + gambit, or removal, etc.). I also see a lot of potentially dead draws here, which is already a challenge for me in my Zhanna deck. I can't afford to be waiting 5 turns for an ally and drawing for unaxios and tome of blessings instead. I envision a lot of games here where your hand is full of attachments that you can't use, and you're just resourcing them as fast as you can to dig for that ally.
    > I understand your point, but I think that this is more about recognizing your matchups. Against mage, Victor, or elementals, you don't sac allies in your opening hand, and you spread your attachments between several allies so that single target removal does less. Remember, Vic can only target 1 thing every 4 turns.

What's interesting to me about this is in some ways it looks like my take on zhanna and in other ways it is exactly the type of deck I don't like to play - it has a specific plan (make an unkillable fatty), and it either wins on that plan or it fizzles. Don't get me wrong, that's a perfectly respectable way to play, it's just not my style - when I lose a game, I want to feel like there was something I could have done to win it, and so I build decks with plan A, B and C all rolled into one. This deck reminds me instead of shadow homunc decks that go hard for plan A; "Win big or go home". My motto is more like, "no one goes home until I say so."
    > Haha, I like all in combo style decks. You talk about plan A, B and C. My deck does have those, but they are all the same. I have managed a fair few times to pull off multiple fatties in 1 game.
    Your extra win conditions are incense , a card I simply dislike, and mill, which my deck can also very easily go into. So I think I have it covered.

Also, where's booomerang?
    > Boomerang is clearly op and it would be unfair to use it.
    Answered in quotes
    Last edited by oggtheman; 06-14-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    A member of ETC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would suggest to add Divine Connection it will give you a great value for all your attachments.
    And I would try to trim it a bit, so max 2-3 copies of an attachment will be enough (excluding CoF and Hymn). Because both Divine Connection and General recycles them and you also have Radiant who brings them back to hand.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO