Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion, the game needs to give reasons for both new and old, active and casual gamers to log in and play.
    One reason is fast updates.
    Another, as stated, is the nice feel of balance the game provides.
    If the devs have difficulty in doing the first two, then give the players something new. Something fresh. Something to make them log in daily.
    Embers was a move towards that direction. Not to mention that both the company and players earned something from it, it gave them a reason to stay tuned.
    Many said, ok now if I watch 20 ads then I'll buy this and sell that and my xxx deck will be ready to use.
    Another try was the change is meltdown format, being free of charge. Not a bad move, but it still lacks the impact for many people to try it.
    To sum up,
    Give the players a reason to log in.
    Campaigns IS a reason to log in. Both for new and older players.
    Tournament system IS a reason to log in, ESPECIALLY for older players that want a new real time chalenge. Many people create their tourneys, and altough the time and effort they invest is commendable, the time needed to finish a single tourney is too much to bear, at least for me.
    These two reasons that have been announced will give the devs the time to focus on faster update releases, faster and more efficient balancing.
    And because you always ask for specific examples and not a general opinion, here are my thoughts.
    Set in game goals.
    In MD give some boosters per a set number of wins. Eg 10 wins per day. It is tough, time consuming, but at least it is something to target. Same can be applied to rated matches. 20 wins per day, 1 random booster for example.
    Give more shadow crystals as the level of the character advances. 25 se after level 20 is nothing.
    Create daily quests. Ok it will be a rip off from other card games, but so what? Comparisons will always be there. Give a small bonus if I use a mage a specific day and win a set number of games.
    Get achievements running. You have announced them and we are still waiting. Intoduce guild system and orgazise guild wars. Again these have been announced.
    On another note, the music you introduced was nice. Dub the dialogues from the pop up icons that appear. With a deep male voice. It will be nice.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind waiting a little more for an update on new cards or some balances changes if I had one or two of the above to work on. But that's just me.
    Make the game more spherical, give us players a better gaming experience. You have created a good game that misses all the easy toppings to make it flavourful, despite the fact that you have succeeded in the most difficult part, the goodness of the game itself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i so love the chess comparison when was the last time any of us played 10 or more chess games a day, everyday (better question, when was the last time any of us played chess )

anyway... new game modes would go a long long way. i would personally love any new game mode but here are some i would really love. 30 card mode (fast and fun and i miss it). 5 copies of a card. the max 2 copiesas well. and a 50 and 60 card mode.

campaigns and ingame tournies are very fun and good for everyone.

a topic on telegram that keeps popping up quite a bit are foils. (and no, i dont start those conversations, not anymore, not for months and months). so many players would like to have more access to them and some of us have a stockpile we could sell... so an auction house would be great.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Providing some of the promised new features would help a lot. Even one every other month until they are all delivered would be awesome.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would like to see a 2vs2 mode. Some cards affects already all your opponents like Redux Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly, any of the formats mentioned here would be good. Not only do they provide variety some players crave, they would also provide a new metagame where unused (or underused) cards might shine, and players who like consistent metagames may choose to learn the new ones or not. Certain ones (those which limit the price of a deck or the rarity of the cards) would be great for new players to grind until they can afford more traditional tiers while also being good for those of us who like to explore underused combos and whatnot that aren't as viable in quickplay or many tournaments.

Basically, I don't think it's a bad idea as long as they aren't forced on anyone. I think it should simply be another option that helps keep things fresh even when another meta has become stale.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Your comment, and so is mine, should be moved to somewhere else but I just want to have a say on this.

I don't care if new cards get released fast. I don't care if they get finalised now or later. All I want is a balanced game so that I can start to learn deep and master it, and hopefully get better than anyone else. That's where my motivation comes from. If you wanna always play with new things, you should be going for other games. There are tonnes of games out there that release new set of content every month or two to catch eyes. I keep coming back to shadow era because it stays more or less the same for long time. I can start from what I had learnt from years ago when I come back and I can still win. I like it this way. If things go the way you say, I'll probably stop playing this game.

SE doen't need to fight other games on the same ground. Stagnation can even be a strength if you look at it from a different angle. Let other games grab hipsters.

P.S. I don't see the connection between slow development and new players leaving despite your effort. Is it really the slow development or something else that made them leave? Do you really think faster development is the ONLY way to keep new customers?
    While this is an interesting perspective, and in some ways I share it, I think a game that both feels well polished and that feels like it is moving and being updated does attract people, even more than perfect balance or the best mechanics.

I do agree that many of the promised features would help. Even if they don't have any effect on current game play, it is easier to attract people to a game that feels finished.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    What if we could have less boredom and more variety for those that want it whilst also staying as balanced as some people prefer and without changes too often?

The Meltdown format provided that kind of thing, but I don't think it is the best option for forced variety, compared to others out there. I will admit that the idea of enforcing variety through either quests or alternative formats (both of which Hearthstone has been doing for a while) looks kind of desperate to me and that's part of the reason we've not done it, but maybe that could actually be the right call for us if we want to keep releasing at the pace we can manage, not change cards too often but also allow more novelty for players that are demanding it.
    While I can understand the apprehension I don't particularly think its a big deal. So long as you don't try to do anything like the "3D battle-field" you won't encounter the same kind of "desperate looking" backlash you're expecting. It's fine to take things from other games, so long as you also make it fit with what you're doing and make your own.

Take Hearthstone's Arena for example. I see no reason why you couldn't just change Meltdown to have a similar format where you keeping playing a deck you've made until you lose X number of times, with better rewards the longer you go on. However, I think Meltdown Touranments would solve this exact example.

Having small and different ways people could spend their time in the game can go a long way to preventing stagnation while you guys work on the next set of content. While I also understand that creating these new features/modes/whatever will ultimately slow down the creation of content that many yearn for, I feel its an investment that is certainly most worthwhile, especially if there is a way for you guys to make some revenue off of it. Not to say that every new feature should be "premium," but many players here are reasonable and understand that the game doesn't exist if no one pays for it at all (past our initial reactions of course, having to pay for deckslots is an example. Even I fell into that one, give them the chance to think it through ).

Someone has mentioned Foils. I honestly think this game has some of the nicest foils in the business (especially the physical cards) and I think adding in a way for players to earn those over time would be great, especially now that every single card has a foil version. I've always liked the idea of earning "Foil Fragments" that you could spend to create a foil copy of a card (you could even charge the gold the card is worth too). Earning these fragments could come from a verity of things like special AI missions, events, season rewards, meltdown/tournament rewards, ect. But again, its just one of the many ideas that could help bring just that little bit more to the player's experience.

Cosmetics in General are one of the best ways to keep people interested. There is plenty of artwork in this game that could easily be reused as sleeves, playmats, player icons (as opposed to a mostly useless hero portrait), ect. I really think every so often a couple of new cosmetics like this would be fantastic. Especially if there was a way for players to earn some of these. There will always be players whom are willing to spend money instead of earning them through play. I also don't think they should always be exclusive either. I think the monthly exclusive things are great and seem quite popular (even if I personally dislike exclusivity in general), but there really should be new cosmetics for people to enjoy rather they spend real money on them or not. The free players are certainly just as important as the ones who pay, they ARE content for players after all (who else would they play against?).

I know this thread is more about the development of the game, but there are some other issues that would go a long way to solve this unrest many players feel as well such as better communication and comments on current events and feedback or better response from support (which has been looked at if I'm not mistaken, these are just examples). Things like this can be just as important to players as playing the game itself.

To bring it down a bit and be a bit more vague. I think Wulven has done a pretty good job of making a game of Shadow Era fun, balanced (usually ), and interesting. Now Wulven should take some time out to make sure that playing Shadow Era is a great experience and not just a game of it. Then maybe the slower development of new sets won't be as big of a deal as it is now.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 06-10-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    i so love the chess comparison when was the last time any of us played 10 or more chess games a day, everyday (better question, when was the last time any of us played chess )
    I think chess comparison is valid. As a chess player I would add to Gondo's rhetorical question when was a piece added to chess - how much money do you think people invest after buying their chess set? If this is the way the SE wants to go, then ok, if they make enough money from selling mats every now and then, well ok. We will move on and maybe other players will come.

Personally, I am disappointed. I do not play any other TCG so I can't compare, but this lack of game evolution is frustrating. It's not like adding ANY new feature is rocket science, the ideas already exist, were promised, are in other games, etc, so it is all a question of implementing them. If this doesn't happen even the most hardcore players will leave, which is a shame
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    the ideas already exist, were promised,

If this doesn't happen even the most hardcore players will leave, which is a shame
    This +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think new features would definitely bring back some of the veteran playerbase. At least for a short while just to see what's new. A campaign would be a great feature to have for both new and old. It's something that can keep players going if the lore is introduced and told through that. Updates to that content shouldn't take quite as long as development of new cards and I would continue to play new releases of that just to get more of the lore.

Automated tournaments are definitely needed given how many player run tournaments are being run. Even achievements of some sort would add more variety to the game. The fact is, when was the last time a new feature was added to the game?