Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One of the main things is what we get for our real $ investment, aside from Crystals to get mats and sleeves which apparently there has never been any talk as to what we can do with those after the fact, as in trading them - it is the foils that cost $ and the premium foil packs continue to give duplicates until you have lots of extras and for years people have asked for a way to trade/sell/auction foils in some way that allows you to get them too (not just sell them to the merchant where they disappear) and as the years go by still no way to do this and it is getting entirely too old. It has been promised for years and is just one long broken promise until it is implemented. That and no campaigns - both are way overdue, we should not have to keep saying this. If you want some of your more dedicated paying players to stay happy you need to implement both of these features without this hollow debate over it. Cards will always be released, balanced and take as long as it takes but they will be there, this has been proven time and again now. Time to prove something else or just flat out say it is never going to happen, saying someday is not good enough any longer.

Will we get campaigns and a way to auction/trade foils? yes or no - or will these answers just be dodged as usual?
    Last edited by tafkad; 06-14-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice idea with the auctionm for foils. I'm a long time player, but used over years different accoumts.
    With an auction for foils, i would maybe buy one of the 20$ set, only for selling the foils & get some extra cards.
    Last edited by Spieler; 06-10-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1) Pauper - deck costing max of 5000 gold or max 10 uncommon/rare/epic.
    2) Noah's Ark - max 2 copies of each card.
    3) Turbo - draw 2 cards at the start of each turn instead of 1.
    4) 50-card minimum

1) yes
    2) yes
    3) yes
    4) meh. No biggie.

I agree shadow era is a very polished game and in my opinion outshines heartstone. But at the same time it needs variety.

I persoanlly wpuld play meltdown if i didnt have to make a new deck everytime. I would like to keep the same deck for like 5 games or keep it untill you win 3 with it. Something. I dont want to build a new one each and everytime. My opinion.
    Last edited by The MiddleAgedNerd; 06-11-2016 at 12:59 AM.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    For me, the solo campaign would be the best feature you could offer. But something like that i cant imagine being so easy to develop and implement. Thats understandable. However the easier stuff would still also go a long way. Alternate formats would be great!!
    A 3cc and under format is one i would personally enjoy.
    The pauper format you suggested sounds interesting
    And of course the common only format would be fun; though naturally it wouldnt be very balanced (considering rarity has no real effect on power levels of a card. I'm looking at you karlstead).

More deck save slots would also really be appreciated. As more and more decks become creatable, the three slots we have just become more and more constrained.
    A foil market would be amazing, i have 4 loest burdens collecting dust. I know somebody who has like 12 foil daggers of unmaking. This feature should be so easy to implement right? Yet it would breathe a sigh of satisfaction for so many people, giving them a new goal to work towards after they have collected all of the cards (like me. I like foils! My favorite foils are frostmare , rampant krygon, and molten destroyer)

I think a new feature implementation would be a very benefitial move for the game. More so than a balance update at this point. Possibly more than LL part 2, since a new feature will give people more to do while they wait for us PFGers to mull through the cards
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I throw my 2 cents here.

Shadowera is a game with HIGH quality, both in its gameplay features and art. No other CCG around do have such a quality.

Now I believe lot of "young" players are quite complaining because of lack of news. I can understand that, but being a 40 years old man I disagree .. when I was young the games was really slow in general (so I agree chess comparison makes sense anyway) and u just was used to play the same (good) game for months and months and months. Now everything is just moved to make money "tomorrow" regardless of the quality or longevity of a game. Shadowera is different to that and I appreciate that A LOT honestly.

It's just "attitude" or mentality to me ... I still fancy quality here, even if it takes years to get a full playable and balanced set. Btw I can also agree that SF set is going to take quite too much time indeed to see its final release (2 years + now? and physical version is stucked then).

Cheers!
    mm75

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post

To bring it down a bit and be a bit more vague. I think Wulven has done a pretty good job of making a game of Shadow Era fun, balanced (usually ), and interesting. Now Wulven should take some time out to make sure that playing Shadow Era is a great experience and not just a game of it. Then maybe the slower development of new sets won't be as big of a deal as it is now.
    I will say this is likely to be especially true right after a new set of cards is released. A lot of balance changes shouldn't be huge in terms of coding (yeah I know bug fixing can be a pain, but still definitely better than working with a full new set.) Using the forced slower periods to add a feature or acquire more art can go a long way towards keeping people interested and showing you still care about the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wulven is super slow at getting anything out.

I've been waiting more than 2 years for my Kickstarter stuff... still don't have it.

I hardly even play the game now because of how slow it is & how many technical problems there are.
    Custom Card Design - Warlock Expansion