Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Since many people have commented on it, here's the reason why Warped Desert will not be changing to recycle your own cards again:

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    We turned exiling, which is something that can be used to help with balance - to take something out of the game completely offensively or as a cost to yourself - into a way to recycle things. That's really bad for balance. This card opens up a door to recycle all kinds of stuff and limits what exiling of your own stuff we can do in the future as a cost.

With it now only working on enemy stuff, you can't build around exploiting this card to break the game. You can use it to steal an ally that Logan killed with Sledgehammer or a card that Loest exiled or turn Rotling into a Shadow Knight that can pick from either grave, etc, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    All very nice change except this:

Making Lakmire back to T3 = T3 Exaltation again = T3 Traiitor 6attack 10health. Cannot be countered by Sinkhole due to Steadfast.

Not trying to cry for OP and definitely shakes off the balance again.

Please reconsider before changing it back.
    The new NC can remove steasfast. T3 exalatation requires 3 very specific cards to be in your hand, as well as requiring the 2cc 3 health ally to have stuck around on the board. Meanwhile heros like darkclaw and bloodfang had some pretty good use from the old t3 lakmir, even during the times of twilight and garina. It definitely wasnt fair to nerf them because sometimes elementalis could get a huge monster on turn 3.
    In addition, why is that even so bad? Tell me, where is elementalis in the meta? He gets weaker and weaker every new set, so when he has a strong toy to play with (an inconsistent one i might add, i dont know why people always look over that part) why are people trying to take it from him?
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    The new NC can remove steasfast. T3 exalatation requires 3 very specific cards to be in your hand, as well as requiring the 2cc 3 health ally to have stuck around on the board. Meanwhile heros like darkclaw and bloodfang had some pretty good use from the old t3 lakmir, even during the times of twilight and garina. It definitely wasnt fair to nerf them because sometimes elementalis could get a huge monster on turn 3.
    In addition, why is that even so bad? Tell me, where is elementalis in the meta? He gets weaker and weaker every new set, so when he has a strong toy to play with (an inconsistent one i might add, i dont know why people always look over that part) why are people trying to take it from him?
    Does the NC ability actually combat this? Steadfast is applied through an attachment. I thought I remembered a ruling on MA/LD that they don't remove those.

Also
    @Gondorian has Groundshift seen any play since the nerf? I believe I saw it a total of once, which makes me kind of sad because it was a very cool card.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 06-06-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Does the NC ability actually combat this? Steadfast is applied through an attachment. I thought I remembered a ruling on MA/LD that they don't remove those.

Also
    @Gondorian has Groundshift seen any play since the nerf? I believe I saw it a total of once, which makes me kind of sad because it was a very cool card.
    Yes, the steadfast is lost for the duration of the effect. ("When a card effect states that an ally/hero loses all passive abilities, it is always an ongoing loss, which means that current passive abilities and any that might later be granted while there is still an ongoing loss effect will be treated as though they do not exist." from here).

And, yes, Groundshift is still seeing a decent amount of play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ll199 - Rankett: Proving Grounds - Turn Number reduced to T3 (from T4). Controller ability changed to "1SE: If an ally gained base attack or health this turn, draw a card and all Homunculus allies gain +1 base attack and +1 health." (from "1SE: If an ally gained base attack or health this turn, draw a card and all friendly Homunculus allies gain +1 base attack and +1 health."). Non-controller ability changed to "2SE: Draw a card and all Homunculus allies are reduced by 1 health. Take control of this location." (from "3SE: All Homunculus allies are reduced by 2 health. Take control of this location."

I think this change benefits the opponent more now. If the opponent has homunculus allies, I am spending my SE and boosting their allies too? Was this change really necessary? Were there people really calling for this change? Besides my deck, I've never even seen anyone else play this location.
    Proud member of the ETC Guild

Enlightenment Through Challenges

IGN: sardonyx47

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sardonyx47 View Post
    ll199 - Rankett: Proving Grounds - Turn Number reduced to T3 (from T4). Controller ability changed to "1SE: If an ally gained base attack or health this turn, draw a card and all Homunculus allies gain +1 base attack and +1 health." (from "1SE: If an ally gained base attack or health this turn, draw a card and all friendly Homunculus allies gain +1 base attack and +1 health."). Non-controller ability changed to "2SE: Draw a card and all Homunculus allies are reduced by 1 health. Take control of this location." (from "3SE: All Homunculus allies are reduced by 2 health. Take control of this location."

I think this change benefits the opponent more now. If the opponent has homunculus allies, I am spending my SE and boosting their allies too? Was this change really necessary? Were there people really calling for this change? Besides my deck, I've never even seen anyone else play this location.
    T3 is huge buff, making raika win or lose decks possible again
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    T3 is huge buff, making raika win or lose decks possible again
    But that extra card for the opponent is a huge nerf, especialy for for humuncukus Decks. Homunculus decks need strong decks & struggles mostly heavy when your opponent has early the right cards while you need still to build up your boardpresence setup.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Since many people have commented on it, here's the reason why Warped Desert will not be changing to recycle your own cards again:
    Sorry I sparked conversation on this, wasn't really my goal, it was more of a passing comment that I would have liked to have seen a change, not necessarily a reversion though. I understand why Warped Desert won't be returning to its original state (even if I disagree with it). I do believe there is a compromise, but I really don't want to dig too heavily in that so we can focus on the changes that are happening this time around.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 06-07-2016 at 02:08 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will the heroes who get no play be buffed?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Changes are great. Looking forward to make decks with them. I think we might see a lot more locations in play after this.