Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Strange things happen with Twilight Shepherdess + Clockwork Soldier + Eidolon (fixed)

So far I've only tested this against the AI (it's a pretty crazy build, but I can see if I can replicate this against a guildmate if necessary), but in my most recent game, there were some odd interactions between these cards that I hadn't seen before. In every other game I've played with this set of cards, Shepherdess changes Soldier to a Twilight ally, I kill Soldier for a Twilight effect (like Kallista or the location), and even though I have Eidolon out, Soldier returns to an item and Eidolon isn't destroyed. I assumed this was correct as it happened many times.

This last game, though, when Soldier died after Shepherdess made him a Twilight ally, Eidolon decided to revive him... as an artifact in my allies. I had to activate his ability to make him an actual ally, and I lost my "End Turn" button when I did.

Because of the number of pieces involved in the combo, I have no idea which card is the issue. Maybe it's working as it's supposed to (aside from the missing "End Turn" button) and I've just gotten lucky every other time. Thanks for your time!
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    So far I've only tested this against the AI (it's a pretty crazy build, but I can see if I can replicate this against a guildmate if necessary), but in my most recent game, there were some odd interactions between these cards that I hadn't seen before. In every other game I've played with this set of cards, Shepherdess changes Soldier to a Twilight ally, I kill Soldier for a Twilight effect (like Kallista or the location), and even though I have Eidolon out, Soldier returns to an item and Eidolon isn't destroyed. I assumed this was correct as it happened many times.

This last game, though, when Soldier died after Shepherdess made him a Twilight ally, Eidolon decided to revive him... as an artifact in my allies. I had to activate his ability to make him an actual ally, and I lost my "End Turn" button when I did.

Because of the number of pieces involved in the combo, I have no idea which card is the issue. Maybe it's working as it's supposed to (aside from the missing "End Turn" button) and I've just gotten lucky every other time. Thanks for your time!
    My guess is that you already had a Clockwork Soldier as an artifact, so it couldn't become one again meaning that Eidolon could now attempt to bring him back instead. But actually since he wasn't an ally in the graveyard to bring back, it really should have fizzled in the same way that Earthen Protector does and not brought him back. I'll investigate ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    My guess is that you already had a Clockwork Soldier as an artifact, so it couldn't become one again meaning that Eidolon could now attempt to bring him back instead. But actually since he wasn't an ally in the graveyard to bring back, it really should have fizzled in the same way that Earthen Protector does and not brought him back. I'll investigate ...
    Ah, I think you're right on the second Soldier front. Hope that helps!
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    Ah, I think you're right on the second Soldier front. Hope that helps!
    Yup. I was able to reproduce then fix then check the fix thanks to your info. Will be working sensibly in 3.14. Cheers!