Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My input on state of game

I really would strongly urge the DT to take a good long look at things that would make this game more popular. Here is what i have observed.

Based on my observations i think the game is dwindling. Here is what inhave observed.

It takes longer to get a game started.

Almost no you tube vids in last several months. Used to be way more frequent.

Forum has slowly died out with less activity.

Website like eternal troll.net have ceased to exist.

Long term players are leavinh the game

Lots of complaining in the telegram rooms.

Inreally think that more frequent updates and content would help greatly. We waiting 3 years for lost land at it was only 60 some cards. Most games like this have new content way more frequently.

I beleive less focus on absolute total balance and just making new cards more regularly would help alot.

Also improvement to general gameplay. Making some campaigns, and daily quest. If you look at hearthstone they have so many little bells and whistles that its allways fresh. And inbeleive shadow era is anbetter card game. But there needs to be some effort tonexpand and improve

Just my two cents. I'm sure the community has input too. But I dont want to see this game drift away and I believe there are signs that it will.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi all. To do a brief summary, I started to play many years ago and like so many other with MTG. After ten years and my boxes filled with mox which are more worthless, I decided to go elsewhere. I was so happy to discover Shadow Era in 2013

You are so right. It has been some months since my interest goes and I, for now, still here. I'm not a very difficult player to satisfy, I play QM and I participate in the annual grand tournaments. QM for some time getting boring, it's the same thing month after month. So I tried Meltdown, the worst week for this game since I arrived, long and painful. What saves me now is my membership in several tournaments. I'm not very talkative, but I discovered several people and the environment is dynamic. For how long will animate me?

As in life, the game world must keep its customers switched. People easily throw in the trash relationships, activities, objects, etc .... The problem is, we must take Shadow Era constantly with news and it's far from the case. I know Wulven game studios are not Wizards of the coast but they know how to keep the enthusiasm. You do not have time to adapt yourself a new expansion comes out, and this every three/four months. There is always something new.

The solution is simple, as in any business there comes a time when one must take the decision to invest to go forward or stay local or turn off gradually. I participated in early PFG4 and congratulations to all those who are still there and that gives a lot of their time but this is not a working and no productivity, efficiency and deadlines because it is voluntary.

Like many, I invested in Kickstarter and I buy the majority of "Special of the month" but why? I love this game and I do not want to see her off. Please give us content.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    I really would strongly urge the DT to take a good long look at things that would make this game more popular. Here is what i have observed.

Based on my observations i think the game is dwindling. Here is what inhave observed.

It takes longer to get a game started.

Almost no you tube vids in last several months. Used to be way more frequent.

Forum has slowly died out with less activity.

Website like eternal troll.net have ceased to exist.

Long term players are leavinh the game

Lots of complaining in the telegram rooms.

Inreally think that more frequent updates and content would help greatly. We waiting 3 years for lost land at it was only 60 some cards. Most games like this have new content way more frequently.

I beleive less focus on absolute total balance and just making new cards more regularly would help alot.

Also improvement to general gameplay. Making some campaigns, and daily quest. If you look at hearthstone they have so many little bells and whistles that its allways fresh. And inbeleive shadow era is anbetter card game. But there needs to be some effort tonexpand and improve

Just my two cents. I'm sure the community has input too. But I dont want to see this game drift away and I believe there are signs that it will.
    The game is dying. Ive lost interest in playing as much as I used to myself. It needs new content with set dates for it instead of in the future because no one likes to wait for some day we might get something.

Refusal to update older cards is a negative since we get barely any new cards to make up for it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah SE's cardpool grows to slow... Must say i come back every few months for a short time & then i go away because the updates comes to slow & the cardpool is still to small to play SE multiple months without few breaks.

Edit: btw i visit the forum more often as i play a round.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't say the game is dying. It feels way past that point, rather undead
    I check back from time to time hoping against hope, but it never changes. Looking at the last set is just depressing.
    a handful of new cards, mainly poorly designed, an ill conceived new mechanic and almost universal terrible art oh and of course still no sign that they will ever attempt to fulfill their kickstarter promises.
    But even now i still think the game has potential. If they ever decide to again put some effort in, it could be great. The first two sets were a great start!
    In the mean time I wait and see how Spellweavweaver develops. It also has a promising start, but also a similar sized team....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Undead, I like that.

Pretty sure Kyle will to. I mean Wulen are kinda undead
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Undead, I like that.

Pretty sure Kyle will to. I mean Wulen are kinda undead
    Someone targeted their speedstrike and destroyed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Hearthstone's luck and wombo combos get old. So I come back to SE to get my sanity back. But SE has to do a better job of attracting new players via tourneys, achievements etc.
    Soylentgreen is people!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soylentgreen View Post
    I think Hearthstone's luck and wombo combos get old. So I come back to SE to get my sanity back. But SE has to do a better job of attracting new players via tourneys, achievements etc.
    Actually bro there is lot of tournaments going on in shadowera if u not know just join the telegram chats of shadow era and u will know about them message me on telegram i will add u in official rooms my telegram username @itachiuchiiha
    Proud Member Of The Blue Phoenix

IGN -: BP Itachi Uchiha
    Telegram -: @itachiuchiiha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    he means in game tournaments that you can join and play in your session because you have time then to play them. popups are close to this but not quite.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory