Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Homunculus Stalking the the Proving Grounds

Definitely has a bit more success with Moonstalker. Keys to this deck are Voracious Arachnid, Dread Wolf and Rankett.

It is a great combo to grow Arachnid quickly. I like to have Wolf on Turn 3, Arachnid and Rankett on Turn 4. Arachnid grows to 2/6 immediately. With some luck you can have NYM and grow Arachnid even more. Shaman brings back the Rankett trigger of Wolf.

Makes for a nice combo and some big allies. Brimstone is probably the most sacrificed ally, but has good health to stay around as a meat shield to buy time.

Sabre is a great removal tool for CB especially. An underused card in this meta I feel.
    I recently added Full Moon and it makes for a nice surprise to boost Arachnid to kill higher casting cost opponent allies.

Probably not a Tier 1 deck, but I've had fun with it.

Hero: Moonstalker

Allies (19):
    2x Rotling
    4x Bloodpack Shaman
    4x Voracious Arachnid
    3x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Dread Wolf
    2x Gravemonger

Abilities (14):
    3x Now You're Mine
    3x Blood Moon
    3x Spontaneous Growth
    3x Captured Prey
    2x Full Moon

Items (6):
    3x Splicer's Crown
    3x Spectral Sabre

Locations (4):
    4x Rankett: Proving Grounds

= 44 cards

Comment always appreciated!
    Proud member of the ETC Guild

Enlightenment Through Challenges

IGN: sardonyx47

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you work around the non controller ability? Seems challenging when they can take control of location and drop your guys health
    Also ogloth seems like a no brainer. Why no ogloth?
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why Brimstone over Flame Spitter?
    And think you should use more exile cards when you want to play the Shaman with so many non-Wulven Allies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    interesting deck and uses another of the locations that is not that bad really - at least I am guessing when it changes sides to your opponents control you can then play another over the top of it without having to use the trigger and forces them to use up SE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    QUOTE]How do you work around the non controller ability? Seems challenging when they can take control of location and drop your guys health
    Also ogloth seems like a no brainer. Why no ogloth?[/QUOTE]

Sure there are some times that the opponent ability is a problem. I'll be selective when playing the location. Against opponents that really heavily on heir precious SE, it is hard for them to use it. and yes, I'll l drop another location on top often. But I will also find myself paying the SE to get the location back. Especially if I have dread wolf and other homunculus in hand to boost and get draw.

Ogloth problem I found to be was his casting cost. For a non-homunculus, it was just too much. Wolf works much better to get the health gain to trigger Rankett.

Why Brimstone over Flame Spitter?
    And think you should use more exile cards when you want to play the Shaman with so many non-Wulven Allies
    Brimstone because of higher health. I tried spitter but the four health didn't quite keep him around long enough most times. More often than not, brimstone is sacrificed.

Shaman is almost strictly there to recover dread wolf. Sometimes he is Turn 2 drop if I don't have Blood moon, but most times I'll save him for dread wolf revival.

Not sure what you mean by more exile cards?

interesting deck and uses another of the locations that is not that bad really - at least I am guessing when it changes sides to your opponents control you can then play another over the top of it without having to use the trigger and forces them to use up SE
    Exactly.

I've also played with combinations of spontaneous growth and relentless savagery and bloodthirsty. The 3cc of bloodthirsty was just too steep and I didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked. Relentless savagery worked well but only had one real target in dread wolf. I would use it on the homunculus allies but I felt growth had better passive ability in steadfast and cantrip draw.

It can be hit or miss, but when it works it is devastating. Lots of rage quits (which is satisfying in itself). I'm can think of one game in particular when tala used ability on a packbeast that had elos' resolve. I dropped full moon and boosted arachnid to kill it. Game over right there.

Hope you try it out and have fun. Any other suggestions for improvements would be great.

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would suggest to take out Shaman and Dreadwolf for more Homuc allies: Runt, Troll etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    I would suggest to take out Shaman and Dreadwolf for more Homuc allies: Runt, Troll etc.
    Dread Wolf is the key to the deck. Non-conditional health boost to use with Rankett to boost other homunculus. Getting rid of them would be starting a whole new build to find other cards to boost health to use Rankett.