Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The stakl are the worst. 45 min of sitting there watching them crush you. That 120 card skervox is the worst. I usually just quit (after turn 5 because im a gentleman)
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The stigma towards slower decks really annoys me. Yes stall decks are a pain, but that's kinda their thing, doesn't mean the people playing them are douches or whatever (hasn't really been said in this thread, but I've seen it on multiple occasions)

A lot of people say the whole 'I don't have time' thing which imo, is a lame excuse. Firstly, just because you don't have time, doesn't mean other players don't, so why should they not play the deck they enjoy? Secondly, if you are aware of the archetype, why risk playing a game if you don't have more than 20 minutes to spare?

I personally play control priest, because I enjoy how slower decks work, they're never straight forward, and require a lot of thinking ahead and working things out, almost like a puzzle, which is what I enjoy. I don't want to sit down and try and play the same allies in sequence every game to get somebody dead on turn 6, because that's just not fun.

TL;DR people who play slow decks are still players, let's all just be friends!
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nothing negative towards the players. Not at all. Whatever works. But it doesnt mean inwant to sit there and watch them donstiff I can't answer to.

Hey if thats what they like more power to them.

I have no problem with the player or the deck. But it doesnt mean ill sit through a 45 min game i know ill lose
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    45 minutes should be long enough for you to work out a plan
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    The stigma towards slower decks really annoys me. Yes stall decks are a pain, but that's kinda their thing, doesn't mean the people playing them are douches or whatever (hasn't really been said in this thread, but I've seen it on multiple occasions)

A lot of people say the whole 'I don't have time' thing which imo, is a lame excuse. Firstly, just because you don't have time, doesn't mean other players don't, so why should they not play the deck they enjoy? Secondly, if you are aware of the archetype, why risk playing a game if you don't have more than 20 minutes to spare?

I personally play control priest, because I enjoy how slower decks work, they're never straight forward, and require a lot of thinking ahead and working things out, almost like a puzzle, which is what I enjoy. I don't want to sit down and try and play the same allies in sequence every game to get somebody dead on turn 6, because that's just not fun.

TL;DR people who play slow decks are still players, let's all just be friends!
    It's not stalling if you're actually trying to do something (e.g. control priest (excluding Ember Jericho which was a pure NPE)) and I'm fine with that.

I just played against a MS that literally played nothing but Shadow Fonts, Full Moon, Rain Delay, Evil Ascendant and Rapid Bite for 10 mins.
    Even if I won that game (I think the guy forgot to put draw engines and/or a win condition in his deck ...) it felt excruciating.
    How is that even remotely fun for your opponent, even if he ends up winning?? I'd rather lose a well played game than sit through pure stall. It's just a horrible NPE.
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tbh I don't mind it. I know the game is going to go long, which should give me plenty of time to formulate a plan of attack. It's like solving a riddle to me, which is really the point I'm making, which is 'to each their own'
    The term NPE is purely subjective, and what one person doesn't like, isn't necessarily the same for the next.

My ramblings are a little out of context here I'll admit since there's no real negative speaking, apart from people who don't like it, I just felt like chiming in my 2 cents
    Greatness, Reborn