Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What I'd like to see in the rest of LL

Even though I haven't been playing for years, I see the evolution of the game. CofC has a lot of vanilla allies (no abilities), and low cc allies that don't see much play anymore. Bridget, Helstead, Katrin, and Firesnake for example. As new sets came out, low CC allies were getting better. Almost every hero has access to a 2cc ally that's better then Puwen Bloodhelm, sometimes simply because it has an ability. With LL I think it would be constructive to the game, and evolution of it, to go back to this vanilla, ability-less ally mold, but with Lost Land's thematic design.

Would a 1cc ally, with 1 fire attack and 2 health be useful to fire theme decks?

How about a 2cc ally, with 2 sword attack, 3 health, and a templar alignment?

Lost Lands has the intention of helping these tribal and damage themed decks, but why not go back to basics and not give every new ally an ability? Sometimes a game is lost, or is an uphill battle because there isn't a good option for early game presence. A non-mage fire deck only has Spitfire Hound as an option for a turn 2 fire attack ally, and as such loses out on the control the hound brings, while being non-threatning without further Ravager support cards. Allies without fire attack can be used, Ironhide Karash is a great 2 drop, but when push comes to shove those Spitfire Hounds look less and less appealing. Ice decks have two options for 2cc allies, one being Plightbred Runt, the other being Kirith Devotee, and they're of conflicting tribes. And on the supject of ice, Eladwin is an ice mage, with access to only 2 ice allies.

Tl:dr adding in low cost vanilla allies with thematic attributes would smooth out what these decks are desiring to accomplish.

Otherwise, I feel like ravagers really need more to play with. Running a deck around Brakkong isn't hard, there is plenty of synergy available. However, running a deck around item destruction isn't as easy. There are too few items that are sacrifical to Spitfire Hound, Melt Down, and Ravager Zealot. I have a few suggestions:

A 1cc artifact with no activated abilities. It would have a triggered effect to draw a card when destroyed.

A 2cc artifact with no activated abilities. It would return to play at end of turn when destroyed by a Ravager ally.

A 3cc artifact with 2 durability. It would have an activated ability "1 durability: deal 1 damage to all allies, this ability can only be used if you control a Ravager ally." And a triggerd ability, "if this is destroyed while it still had durability, deal damage to all opposing allies equal to the durability that was left".

A 3cc artifact with sustain 1hp. It would have an activated ability "0cc: this deals 2 damage to you, and 3 damage distributed amongst one or three target allies. This can target your own allies."

The idea of these artifacts is to enable the two ravager allies that want to destroy the owner's items, while the last two suggestions help enable both types of ravagers. The last suggestion in particular meets all ravager designs, trading hero health for board control, or hero health to strengthen the allies on the board. Also, when the health costs start stacking up, allies like Spitfire Hound could destroy it to stop the hemorraging.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    interesting read,

don't forget Frostmare (yes not a 2 drop but a 1 drop ice ally with haste)

"A 1cc artifact with no activated abilities. It would have a triggered effect to draw a card when destroyed." haha nice I asked for that to be added to Loom of Fate way back and still think it would be great but ya know how it goes

I see you dig Ravagers, still my fav tribe - sure wish Krygon had gotten this alignment !

More variations on Fire - Ice - Poison would be nice for sure in any form

good luck out there!