Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Krygon could really use a buff

1 health is terrible. I know krygon sees alot of play but if you compare him to other haste allies its obvious he needs a little buff.

1cc kris has 1/1 stats. He has 1 less attack than krygon and no ability. But you can caste 3 of hi. For the price of one krygon

Fleet footed has 1/5 stats. Much heartier health and an ability that is similarly usefull. A combined 6 points of atats compared to krygons combined 3 points of stats.

Dire wolf comes in at a 1/4 and has ability to grow. He basically has a built in blood thirsty without the draw.

Sabrine is conditional haste but isna 2/4 body that can attack for up to 4.

2/1 is just so weak. I never understood the purpose of dropping his health when he was nerfed. Kris kills him dropping an ally with templar champ out kills him. Dmt kills him. He is so very fragile.

I know gondorian you said he gets alot of use and he does. However I still feel like he needs a health boost.

Please community chime in before SF cardsbarenout and makeneverything permanent.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Krygon is nonconditional 2 attack haste for 3cc = nothink better than this in whole SE !!!
    Krygon has ability to buff your own allys or deal one damage to allys = his ability is damn versatile. Combo play with Gargoyle, Grimjaw Hydra, Voracious Arachnid, Raikka... is also damn good.
    Haste is totaly BRUTAL ability in game like SE and I personally see most of the haste allys bit undercosted. So Krygon is definately OK.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post
    Krygon is nonconditional 2 attack haste for 3cc = nothink better than this in whole SE !!!
    Krygon has ability to buff your own allys or deal one damage to allys = his ability is damn versatile. Combo play with Gargoyle, Grimjaw Hydra, Voracious Arachnid, Raikka... is also damn good.
    Haste is totaly BRUTAL ability in game like SE and I personally see most of the haste allys bit undercosted. So Krygon is definately OK.
    Yes but he also dies extremely easy. And that extra one attack to me seems not worth it. When you compare him to the other allies i listed above. And his ability is good. Yes. But its a turn 4. He has to survive one turn which he almost never does.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry, MAN - i disagree on this one.

T3, and he's a 2 damage from hand, plus (small) board presence - pretty good choice for T3. From T4, he's a monster. Combo with Zaladar ability to take out 2 allies of 4 and 5 health, strengthen Gargoyle / Packbeast / DMT / Caged Savage, works well for elementalis for hasted 3/4 plus ping. If i have him in hand on T3, i often wait to play him T4 for maximum hurt.

Good T3 AND good T4+. You're never sad to see RK in hand.

We all moaned (including me) when the nerfhammer came out for RK ... but he survived the -1 health, and remains a strong card. Most shadow decks will benefit from RK. Leave it where it is. As Gondorian has pointed out, he's in the top 10 most-used cards overall, and i would bet top 3 most used Shadow cards.

.... plus, DT / we should focus buffs on LL, which is a bit lacking right now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep, it's pretty much the iconic shadow ally of the game. No change needed or even desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    krygon has gotten a lot of facelifts. It started as a 2/4 with the ability to decrease a monster by one health and not damage it, but after ( a lot of ) nerfs, he is in a good spot now. Even at two health, 2 krygons could ping each other ( very possible scenario back in the days ) and hit for 6. In a shard zal, or elementalis, they were brutal. Sometimes you do not have to look at the stats. Haste ability is the best ability after hidden. And krygon, when first introduced, made the balance between the usage of human and shadow heroes from 50-50 ( aproximately ) to 75-25, just because of this card. There were bb and zals EVERYWHERE.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Yes but he also dies extremely easy. And that extra one attack to me seems not worth it. When you compare him to the other allies i listed above. And his ability is good. Yes. But its a turn 4. He has to survive one turn which he almost never does.
    He may die easily but it is because of his power level. For example I personally consider him a 4cc burn card that may give some board presence for a turn or two. If krigon stays on board for 2 turns and kills 2 allies with 3 health in those turns he is a strictly better lighting strike (yea one more cc but another body out weighs that signicantly). Then if you look at him with his versatility and his ability to combo well then you realize why he is so fragile. Think about this t3 gargoyle, t4 krigon buff gargoyle now you have 5 attack on board t4 with no 2 drop that is crazy value plus krigon is a huge target for removal or attacks because the opponent can't afford for you to get even more value out of that creature

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sabreen can kill a krygon. A krygon cannot kill a sabreen. :/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Sabreen has conditional haste as well as an added down side to her ability i.e. you have to discard a card. They both have strengths and weaknesses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Sabreen is also broken right now. Much like gon was at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.