3 Raven Wildheart
    4 Crippling Blow
    2 Sanctuary
    3 Ellos' Resolve
    4 Blood Frenzy
    2 Confluence of Fate
    3 Smashing Blow
    2 A Legend Rises

Looking for a little criticism, I've made it to the 200's with the deck but looking to push it a bit further. I feel like I should remove confluence of fate and possibly the Raven wildhearts but I just don't know what to replace them with. I was using Earthen Protector for a while but I found him too unpredictable, especially against mages. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A few general points:

1- You are a little light on allies. Decks that need live allies on the board to leverage their Hero ability never want to be caught without a relevant ally. I would look to move closer to 22-23 allies. Even moreso if you are going to play with 5 ally buff attachments.

2- You are very light on early allies. The best case scenario for Tala (or Elementalis for that matter) is to get to kill an opposing while building a though to kill dude when they use their first ability. You basically always want to go 2 drop, 3 drop. Even if you aim to play a slower, bigger deck, I wouldn't play less than 12 allies that cost 3 or less. Yes, you do have Crippling Blow that can work as an early play, but you'll get maximum value by getting kills early. If you want to be more aggressive 6 to 8 2 drops, with around 10 3 drops is a baseline IMO.

3- I think Fortified Wisp is a trap in Tala. He only gives you more of what you already have (hard to kill allies) and is weak to everything your deck is already weak to (spot removal, bounce effects, board wipes, etc). Fortified Wisp only works if you go heavy into Humunculus (which is a fine strategy) and pair him with Thunderstrike Construct and the like.

4- A way to dodge things that are good against you and achieve a high ally count, is to play allies with good on-summon abilities: General of Unaxio will draw you a powerful card (and allow you to run less copies of key attchments), Viska can come in as a 4/7 and take back the board (and she doubles as weapon hate so you can cut back on those - see a pattern here ), Thunderstrike Construct is another big body that acts as removal. You already run Aldon and Zailen Crusader who can affect the board on the turn they are played (or through crippling effects). Even if your opponent removes them quickly (they always do), you will have obtained a little value.

I would either look to maximize the early game around Bladedancer and Crusader or go into Humunculus for a slower build.
    Last edited by FDL; 05-20-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with everything FDL said except I think Fort Wisp is good for Tala, but then again I also run a few more homuncs and TC eventhough I do not run a tribal deck, Homuncs are just oddly survivable so they are all independantly useful and happen to have nice synergy when it happens.

Imo with Tala you almost always want to play an ally over doing anything else. This means you get excellent value from allies that have come into play effects. Tainted oracle is also amazing secondary draw for Tala, simply because of the extra bit of board presence it provides. Basically look to stuff your deck with allies you can get a bit of extra value from.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting thoughts. I tend to rely on Tala's protection so that allies with immediate value arent necessarily as important, but yeah, if somehow my opponent can quickly get around my wisp or whatever and gains boards control I find myself stuck a lot.

I didn't even know about General of Unaxio that's a nice card. could totally replace a blood frenzy or both confluences of fate for him.

I hear you on the early allies, but to be honest, not sure what I should be putting down. To me Yari Bladedancer is the best of the 1 or 2 drops. I don't see much use in many of the others, though Dirk Saber is pretty nice. Tainted Oracle is a great card, and combined with Tala's protector could be interesting but I also have no way to replenish Tala's SE so might be a little inefficient.

If I ramp up the allies I'll have to dial back on the abilities which means I would probably take out knight's of Unaxio since they were there to deal with extra blood frenzy's's etc...but then could probably put in the 5/8 that draws a card for you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The question of which 2cc ally other than Bladedancer is an interesting one because Feasterling dominates almost all human 2 drops right now. I currently run V Wisp mostly for its 1/5 stats (later the draw helps too, but that is just an added bonus. Similarly in Elementalis I like to run Vermin again for the tanky stats going second). Other option is use Puwen or CoI and your t2 play going second will just often have to be CB. You also can get away with running just 4 bladedancer and aim for a stronger late game as opposed to trying to get an advantage early, but I am not a big fan of playing Tala that way.

Your exact card choices are less important than the idea that as Tala you want to grab the board first because you are well equiped to hold it, but you have far fewer methods of retaking a lost board (mostly just give a tanky ally protector and hope they don't have a control spell).
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 05-20-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Feasterling is a shadow ally btw, but yeah would totally be nice.

Thanks for all the input guys

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Muigetsu View Post
    need Yari Marksmen
    I find they sit in my hand WAY too long just waiting to be useful when there could be something better to play. When they're useful they're great but....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Your exact card choices are less important than the idea that as Tala you want to grab the board first because you are well equiped to hold it, but you have far fewer methods of retaking a lost board (mostly just give a tanky ally protector and hope they don't have a control spell).
    Came here to write mostly this.

What's more, even decks that aren't as dependent as you are on early board control dedicate more resources to the early game than you are currently running.

It doesn't mean that you need to be all-in rush (most decks aren't), but the early turns really need a lot of attention.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last edited by DannyAIC; 05-24-2016 at 01:06 PM.