Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

What buffs would you like to see to Lost Lands cards?

There's no shortage of posts where people complain about nerfs that happened, but constructive posts about what buffs could happen (other than reverts of nerfs!) are much harder to find.

This is a shame because each of the nerfs that happened in the past were done for a reason and only affected a few cards; the buffs we can do in the future could be done to any Lost Lands cards and they can open up unexplored areas that have not yet been rejected.

It's for this reason I've put up this thread - to act as a lightning rod for your thoughts on what buffs could happen, which will hopefully then get discussed and debated in a constructive way. If you've already made suitable posts elsewhere, feel free to link to them. Maybe they got lost in the noise the first time round.

The most important thing we require for this to work well is for people to speak up when they think a particular buff would be a BAD THING for the game. I don't plan to be part of the debate - I just want to hear as many opinions as possible - so please take part if you have any ideas or insights to share. Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Unaxio Squire: This guy is really underwhelming compared to other aligned 2c allies. Doesn't have much going for him.
    2. Stalactitan: Very gimmicky and could use a small buff like giving it Steadfast.
    3. Gloomwielder: I'd remove the restriction on opposing hero Shadow Energy.
    4. Lyth, Kristan's Ridge: Has potential to be a really fun card. I'd decrease controller cost to 2 SE.

Overall, considering we've only seen 1/3 of the LL set so far, I'm pretty pleased with where the game is at and can't wait for LL 2 to give us more exciting cards to play with!
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My biggest conplaint is eternal troll. This was finally a card that countered tidals and other board wipes. I never thought he was Over powered. And now you only have one survive. To me this was a huge loss.

Locations are pretty underwhelming right now. I think a total rework is needed. A great concept that falls flat in practice.

Aldamors are tricky. Can either be totally overwhelming or just blah.. not sure a out them yet. Sometimez its like wtf is happening and other times they just collapse. Seem very inconsistent. But I never used them so my opinion is flawed.

To me eternal troll was heartbreaking. I really feel we didnt get a solid opinion from the players. Especially considering that any deck can use him
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    My biggest conplaint is eternal troll. This was finally a card that countered tidals and other board wipes. I never thought he was Over powered. And now you only have one survive. To me this was a huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Nerd approved. And there was just as many bufffs as nerfs. Good balance change. I like. And good job on troll. I think that makes everyone happy.
    Like GDC once said, it's fine if people change their minds but it most certainly makes it hard to please them :]
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/wiki/index....raxno_Citadel_

Change non controller ability to 2SE.

you could play after opposition used their SE and know you would get two turns out of it at least.

http://www.shadowera.com/wiki/index....r:_Garina_Road
    Move back to turn 3.

http://www.shadowera.com/wiki/index....written_Scroll
    Target ally with fire attack in A graveyard instead of YOUR graveyard
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Buffs, hooray!
    First of all, you could update descriptions of the cards to 3.13 here http://www.shadowera.com/cards.php

Locations are dead, here's few I'd like to change:
    Sosilo - 1se cost makes this not usable. You discard a card and draw two, so basically you gain 1 card and then your opp usually discards other card cause he kills your ally. So in the end you discarded 2 cards, drew one and spent 1se. Make this 0se cost
    Garina road (aka nerfina road) - Opp ability too hard. I would prefer something that would either kill or disable your ally and give another advantage, something like 0se - Target ally is killed, your hero heals 2 hp.
    Racksul - make this as it was before, ie able to target your own gy. Racksul decks were mostly troll decks, not extremly good due to too many conditions to pull off. If people are afraid of itf returning, make it target only allies and weapons.

Unusable cards
    Shadow cannon - Change the cost from 4SE to 3cc (cannon cost may be increased to 5cc)
    Rest for the weary - make it 2cc cost, this would synergize it with garina and sosilo
    Gloomwielder - make him protector if all allies are aldmor.

Other ideas:
    Unaxio squire - give him seek (maybe with card discarding to fit templar theme)
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The only buff I remember right now is for all locations. When you control a location it counts as an extra resource (if it leaves play or you lose control you also lose that extra resource).
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi yes, can I have my old Racksul: Warped desert back, the one where I can retrieve my own exiled cards back and not only my opponents cards unsure why that was changed in the first place. thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    unaxio squire
    a bad t2 card. make it 1/4 and don't make it target itself. Rest same as is.

twilight shepherdess
    This card has potential but on 3 cc and with so many better options, it rarely sees play. I understand that the initial 1 cc drop with ability on summon was too much, so much that it didn't even come to the open beta. Possible change is to make it 2 cc with 1/5. Add a meek if needed.

sword gobbler
    I have yet to see it on QM, let alone on tourneys or anything else. Rename it to weaponry gobbler or sth and let him exile an armor. Maybe it can have some play then.

kiruth devotee
    Comparing it to vigilant wisp, this card is really bad. Make its ability 2 cc and his stats 1/5. Then they will be about the same, with wisp being better since it seeks your allies.

Wulven traitor
    This thing is weak and dies fast making a deck built around it inconsistent. 1/4 may be too much. Also conditional ambush is not good. It is only useful t2 when going first.

Scriptures of the departed
    Make it start with 2 durabilty and make it draw 2 for 3 dura. Or give it a small additional buff. Or make it t1 drop. As it stands, it is unplayable.

Moment of acquiscence
    Change it to target card in your hand.

sosilo : brother's landing
    make opposing ability to let me choose which card to discard.

gaderi : braxno citadel
    opposing ability is too cheap. Make it a little more expensive, se wise. Or a small penalty to the player activating it.

Garina Road
    dunno.

Lakmire : training outpost
    opposing ability is too strong, tone it down to target only an ally. Killing an ally then cripple everything else is too much.

Kiruth : thaddeus vault
    Add 'draw a card' at the end of the sentence of the player who summons it.

Rankett : proving grounds
    2 HEALTH? too much. Give the opponent sth else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Almost forgot:
    ancient of aldmor: make his attack dependent on opp se again. Doesn't need to be 9 base attack, but the original was cool in a way that it helped "block" opp hero ability
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.