Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What buffs would you like to see to Lost Lands cards?

General things, I'll update this with more specific suggestions when I have time later this week hopefully.

Locations as a whole need a buff/rework

Aldmors need a buff and rework. The haste + 0 cc seek is going to be game breaking with aldmors ever become playable. In short rejig scout buff most other Aldmors.

RftW not sure if this needs a buff or just people need a reason to play locations which will in turn buff the card.

LL undead additions are mostly underwhelming. Undead tribal decks are viable, but are basically SF decks. I think locations would fix this, also meek on devotee is a bit unneeded. I understand it can't be strictly better than brut, but it is being limited by a card noone plays and arguably ice damage is worse than normal damage anyway. I do think Horror is pretty decent as is though.

Edit:
    Suggestion for Aldmor buff, since one of the main complaints I from people that play them is they force you to walk into a board wipe and then basically lose. I'd like to suggest the following change to gloomwielder.

If no other player has more SE than you all other Aldmor you control are immune to ability damage.

As for Scout change it to a 1/5 remove haste and keep seek and ambush. This would mean it is no longer a tutor since it needs to live but this shouldn't be too difficult for a 5 health 3 drop.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 05-19-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unaxio Squire... maybe make him 1/4, meek, and target OTHER ally...

Rest for the Weary... 3cc with card cantrip.. it becomes like a 3cc conditional Retreat with a cantrip

Shadow Cannon... there are lots of good suggestions already made

Clockwork Soldier.. I think it wouldn't be op at 3cc and stats 3/2....or even 2/3

Locations need work too..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bluejet24; 05-18-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like clock work at 3cc as well. Good idea.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus McInnis View Post
    Shadow Canon:
    Pay X Shadow Energy, deal X+1 damages to target ally or hero.

First pay X system in shadow era!
    OMG game changer.
    Love it.
    If the mechanics are too difficult it could just use all your shadow energy. You got 10se. Boom 10 damage.
    Brilliant
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all leave clockwork soldier alone..he is balanced as he is ,not too much attack to overwhelm, card cost goes well with aldmor theme and for his survivability his se cost is good.. If u decrease his cc or health aldmor looses a key alloy at the cost of +1 attack for other hero's...

Braxno citadel is good as it is ,and with a few decent attack strength and health allies it is formidable stall tactic and even they manage to kill ally u would still would damaged the opp think of it like flame spitter..guanteed damage unless attacker has stealth...with it ur aliies died doing damage which in the case without it would died for nothing

About ll troll his semi unique ability is good as it is..the previous version of him was to op if u put 3 of em in board its hard to take back board from em...for 3cc ally it was too much...even a single trill can survive as many as 2 turns guaranteed.. Very less low cost allies can do that

About buffs
    twilghts-
    after the recent nerfs almost none of the decks or hero's featured twilights....they need something that doesn't make them op but stable
    Maybe a rejig to scriptures of departed or some other ally which will make them see some game time
    Garina road-
    change or alter the non user side such that the user and non user both have chance of ...something like Xse all opp allies wit cost greater than 3 can't attack for 1 turn...or change user side such that the summoned ally looses all it passive abilities..... Playing location early in the game is fr board presence the allies summoned with their high hp already give enough without their passives
    Racksul-
    Rejig it back to original form but let attachments can't be taken back from ability....the way it is now it is pretty much useless u got only few cards that can exile other cards on top of that u can't exile ur own cards...the way it is now used just to get a random card
    Ravencrest-
    Don't know what to do with it but as far I've seen no one uses it ..PS troll decks don't count
    Sosilo-
    The controller side is reasonable but can be improved non controller side goes well with the templar theme unless u have general out it's a guaranteed discard
    Lakmire-
    Controller side is good ability to summon any attachments for 3 cc less is good given that most attachments are 3cc or less....the non controller ability is good but let them have the liberty to remove a attachment which was cast by controller
    Most of the other loc are good just not enough good allies or decks are their which suit them.which I hope. Will be solved by the remaining 2 parts of ll
    Last edited by synkn; 05-18-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    ign-ED Synkn
    Tg id-@synkn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also like the shadow cannon idea. Would be fun.

Racksul could just have the change for not returning attachments. I get that this was nerfed because of future cards, but maybe this is a possibility.

Barrenland Gremlin - Have higher base defense (maybe 5) and ability reduce any item by 1 durability to gain +1 attack and take one damage.

Moment of Acquiescence - Never seen this used. Maybe just eliminate the duration and give the ability 1SE to use.

Tar-written Scroll - Let ability target allies and heroes for 2 damage.

Lakmire - Trading Outpost - The opponents ability on this location is too strong for 0SE. Maybe make the opponent ability cost 1SE and only Wulven allies lose attack?
    Proud member of the ETC Guild

Enlightenment Through Challenges

IGN: sardonyx47

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even though I see that card balanced, for those who want Racksul to make a fun themed deck I would suggest the following:

Racksul: Warped Desert
    0SE: The next card to be exiled this turn is placed in your hand. // 3SE: At the end of your turn, target card in a graveyard and all other cards with the same name in that graveyard are exiled. Take control of this location.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cards i rarely see in QM (you will have the stats on these):
    - Shepherdess: i get the splash idea, but twilights work best with twilight-only decks
    - Ravagers overall - not seen any really neat tribal decks (like i have with templar, twilight for example)
    - Stalactician is underwhelming - just a bit boring
    - Void Wretch - never seen, perhaps because Locations are so dreadful (see below)
    - Moment of Aquiescence - never seen this - seems useless to me given other options - rework needed
    - Rest for the Weary - see above
    - Shadow Cannon - agree, never seen this out

Plus, Locations are getting rarer i think - the whole concept seems flawed to me. I've said before that a new category is great, but the mechanic just doesn't work. Very rarely worth taking up deck slots with Locations, and limited-to-no interaction with other cards. Take it back to the drawing-board, please!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quick point to make discussion more constructive, Gondorian's said "your thoughts on what buffs could happen". A lot of post just mention that a card is bad. Please add a concrete idea of how to improve the card. Hopefully this can help guide the design team.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One thought: I think I'd prefer locations that just have some ongoing effect that is the same for both players. Less random, perhaps easier to balance, easier to plan for when playing, more fun?

For instance, a location that provides +1 base attack for all allies. Or a location that adds +1 (or -1) resource cost to all allies. Or a location that poisons all allies and heroes that enter combat while it is in play. Or a location that causes any player to draw a card when that player plays a support ability. Or a location that divides the resource cost for all items by 2 (rounding up). Etc. Etc.

It also makes intuitive sense to me that the effect of a location is the same for both players. But that's not the main reason for me.
    IGN: Shadaba