Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amulet of conjuring

I forgot how bad thisnthing got hit with the nerf hammer till i olayed against a gravebone today. I was so happy when he dropped it because i knew I would crush him. And i did. It is basically a useless card now. Something needs to be tweaked. Mages have the worse draw in the game and this piece of garbage doesnt help. Used to be a great engine now its totally useless. I would suggest.

Make it 3 cc
    Keep sustain 1se
    Draw 2 cards instead of 3
    Keep 1 damage to hero
    Cancel the resource destruction

Your hero will allready not have a hero ability for the game. Adding the resource destruction on top of that is too much. This card got nerfed sombad I forgot it existe. And the fact that inwas thrilled to death when my opponent dropped it shows how crappy it is.

Please before sf is physical and locked in stone for eternity.

Thoughts everyone?
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, the usage stats are *good enough*. It fits into some decks rather well. Do mages need a rejig/buff to this to help their draw?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think so. I think the resource destruction kills the card. I feel it wpuld be more useful. I dont know about your stats. I NEVER see the card. I almost dropped my phone in shock today when gravebone played it. I ALLWAYS see tomb of knowledge. I think the 1se sustain is plenty of a cost. Plus the 1 health loss.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    I think so. I think the resource destruction kills the card. I feel it wpuld be more useful. I dont know about your stats. I NEVER see the card. I almost dropped my phone in shock today when gravebone played it. I ALLWAYS see tomb of knowledge. I think the 1se sustain is plenty of a cost. Plus the 1 health loss.
    Have you tried Raikka or Majiya weenie rush, including Darklight Apprentice to give you 1SE each time you activate Amulet to cover the sustain cost?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It actually has some synergy with aldmor decks. As a 4cc artifact, you only need one in deck to get sought with artisan, triggering The Wilds by the way. Playing with aldmors you will probably wonīt be playing your hero ability anyway, and their low cost SE makes it easy to continue using their abilities and eventually use all your SE to destroy the amulet if you donīt want it anymore. Finally thereīs apprentice to cover the SE sustain cost as Gondorian says.
    Maybe the biggest disadvantage is the resource destruction, but it can be partially covered with the resource renovation of The Wilds.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Make it 3 cc
    Uhmm aramia......
    IGN: SK 1 n only inco

Telegram name: @DK_INCOGNITO

Evolve solutions; when you find a good one, don't stop.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this is what the card used to read:

"1SE: Draw 3 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play."
    that was back in 2.88. Before it was nerfed to its current state. At that point, it was in nearly every mage deck, and Loest rush decks were dominating the game. After being nerfed, it continued to see regular play, and mages continued to be competitive. So first - resource destruction doesn't make the card weak - the card was OP in the older form that still had resource destruction. Second - the card still sees regular play, and mages are still competitive. There's no need to buff this card or mages.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd rather run amulet over tok in a gb deck. however I'd generally only run amulet in a discard themed deck. tok is a bit slow for my taste with GB as the extra resources to draw aren't generally available for my builds. I like amulet where it is except for the name ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok well i stand corrected. I remember the old one didnt have the sustain cost and I remember it being everywhere and making life ridiculous. Didnt remember it having the resource destruction.

Apparently I am incorrect in my original statements. Indont play mages often only against them. But inknow i haven't aeen this card in months. I remember when it was way over the top and every mage had a full hand all the time. I felt loke it got nerfed a little too hard but maybe im wrong in that assumtion.
    Last edited by The MiddleAgedNerd; 05-18-2016 at 01:46 AM.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AoC is far more scary in a rush and burn deck than Tok. There are many times I laugh at my opp for playing ToK knowing they will never be able to use it for draw because of tempo loss. 6 Res keeps you able to nova and then double fb finish, ToK is far slower. I think this card is not seen much because human burn rush is just not really in the meta atm.