Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Last I knew they had decided against putting in a mulligan rule because there wasn't really a good way to balance it out for all classes. Unless there is something new on that that I missed. But yeah, I'd rather no mulligan rule be put in. People just need to learn to build more consistent decks, or DT should change rulings on xp giving when other player quits, or rather concedes specifically, because that's a misconception I see all the time in in game chat about people "disconnecting". Some people don't get that disconnects can actually come from bad connection, and that it's not necessarily the same as a concede (side rant there, lol).
    Even the most consistent Decks will open as brick once and a while or not be the most ideal for a said matchup (Such as say vs a high Aggro, you don't have any low cost allies or you do, but are terrible in the situation).

I mean, I don't see how this is really a Class thing. Sure, it does allow Rush Mages an extra lifeline by redoing their opening, but that's irrelevant in my opinion. Almost every TCG with Mulligan has their own form of Rush one way or another, made to be as consistent as possible for their Deck building rules. A Rush Deck in SE is made to be consistent in a 39 card Deck, just as one in Magic is made to be in a 60 card Deck.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    As i understand it, the loser still drops in rating, so there's that...
    Yes, unless there was some change, loser was losing rating. But honestly it is not enough. Once I wanted to build some deck, so I bought almost all cards I needed. I was missing like 60 gold to get one last card to have 4 copies of it. I was like OK, I will play some challenge game, should not be problem to earn that. After 8th game in a row when enemy left soon enough to gain anything I played PvE to get those f....g 60 golds...

OK, I understand that full reward is probably too much, but I think winner should get for example at least 50% of normal reward - or do something like T0 and T1 winner gets 25%, T2-T4 winner gets 50% and after that winner gets 100%

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark
    Even the most consistent Decks will open as brick once and a while or not be the most ideal for a said matchup (Such as say vs a high Aggro, you don't have any low cost allies or you do, but are terrible in the situation).

I mean, I don't see how this is really a Class thing. Sure, it does allow Rush Mages an extra lifeline by redoing their opening, but that's irrelevant in my opinion. Almost every TCG with Mulligan has their own form of Rush one way or another, made to be as consistent as possible for their Deck building rules. A Rush Deck in SE is made to be consistent in a 39 card Deck, just as one in Magic is made to be in a 60 card Deck.
    Well yes, of course even well constructed decks can hit a bad hand every once in a while, but it is certainly less likely. And yeah, it's not entirely a class thing either on the mulligans, I just remember that as part of the debate way back in the day when there was more actual serious talk of a possible mulligan rule.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm actually in favor of this. I know the whole point is to prevent people from abusing the system for free wins, but so long as people can't realistically queue up against each other in a reasonable time frame, I really don't see the point in letting the current ruling stand.

Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    eh, turn 2 i'd say...too many times i accidently enter qm and just quit cause i didn't mean to
    We really need that cancel button back. You're not the only one who's done this on multiple occasions. Not to mention when you just can't find a match and literally don't have enough time to play anymore.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's already a long thread about mulligans.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?31051-Mulligans
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey guys, itīs a game... Who cares about wins in T3? If oponent disconects till T4 he lose rating, so his problem. And I can hit "Battle" again and play another game.
    Only situation when we care is in tournaments, but there is rules about it...
    I donīt see any problem in it. I usually play in high ratings and there are almost no early quitters, so the true is that I have no idea how serious is that problem in lower ratings.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post
    Hey guys, itīs a game... Who cares about wins in T3? If oponent disconects till T4 he lose rating, so his problem. And I can hit "Battle" again and play another game.
    I donīt see any problem in it. I usually play in high ratings and there are almost no early quitters, so the true is that I have no idea how serious is that problem in lower ratings.
    I disagree, sometimes you won the board and have life advantage over the opponent by t4 (rush decks maybe?) and the opponent just quits and you don't get any gold and rating. It's a little unfair IMO. I get that this was implemented to not allow players abuse the system to play each other and win too much, but turn 5 is too much, maybe turn 3 would be a nice compromise.
    Shikyo Kira - Seraph of the Night Angels
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still multiple people who quit on turn three and I get no credit for winning the game.
    Cause I put togethor a more consistant deck I get nothing from the game. I agree we should get ratings after the first sacrifice is made.

Also would mean quitters arent wasting my time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mulligan will never work if you have Bad Santa in game. You can mulligan once or twice and in turn 2 get the same hand size as your opponent (obviously depending on luck)

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post
    Well im 280 and it just happened 3 games in a row. 15 minutes of bull sh*t. Inwait for a game then get ine then wade through thier 4 turns of decision making and wuit. 3 in a row. 280 rating. So yeah it happens and its frustrating poor sportsmanship and annoying as hell. But since gondoruan or kyle or whoever hasnt replied in days im assuming they dont care about this topic.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn