Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Heros

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Top Heros

So in the top list of ranked players, which hero's do they use?

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your asking for top tiers. Here is my OPINION on decks that are LIKELY to be top tiers based on an intelligent deck played intelligently.

Tier one tend to see these with increased frequency above 280. Although not exclusively

1) garth
    2) praxis
    3) baduruu
    4) zhanna
    5) victor

Tier 2

1) boris
    2) loest
    3) mayiya
    4) eladwen
    5) moonstalker
    6) tala
    7) serena
    8) vess
    9) lance
    10) zaladar

Tier 3

1) amber
    2) ele
    3) banebow
    4) gravebone
    5) nishaven
    6) therabin
    7) gwen
    8) jerri
    9) ythan

Tier 4- i feel there is a big drop from 3 to 4

1) logan
    2) rotham
    3) aramia
    4) raikka
    5) skervox
    6) darkclaw
    7) bloodfang
    8) ter adun

I feel the top tier is only slightly better than tier 2 and tier 2 only slightly better than 3. I think the drop off really comes at tier 4.

Its also more based on the deck and the player than the heroes. Largely. Not exclusively of course.

Again my opinion.
    Last edited by The MiddleAgedNerd; 05-11-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Look how heavily sided that is by hero types, and people dont want anything balanced is funny.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Look how heavily sided that is by hero types, and people dont want anything balanced is funny.
    How do you mean? In MAN's rankings, all 10 possible Class/Race pairs are represented in Tiers 1 and 2...
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Your asking for top tiers. Here is my OPINION on decks that are LIKELY to be top tiers based on an intelligent deck played intelligently.

Tier one tend to see these with increased frequency above 280. Although not exclusively

1) garth
    2) praxis
    3) baduruu
    4) zhanna
    5) victor

Tier 2

1) boris
    2) loest
    3) mayiya
    4) eladwen
    5) moonstalker
    6) tala
    7) serena
    8) vess
    9) lance
    10) zaladar

Tier 3

1) amber
    2) ele
    3) banebow
    4) gravebone
    5) nishaven
    6) therabin
    7) gwen
    8) jerri

Tier 4- i feel there is a big drop from 3 to 4

1) logan
    2) rotham
    3) aramia
    4) raikka
    5) skervox
    6) darkclaw
    7) bloodfang
    8) ter adun

I feel the top tier is only slightly better than tier 2 and tier 2 only slightly better than 3. I think the drop off really comes at tier 4.

Its also more based on the deck and the player than the heroes. Largely. Not exclusively of course.

Again my opinion.
    I think Amber and Threbin are and have always been Tier 1-2. Amber is still good against so popular in the current meta Baduruu and Praxix.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I quite agree with the tier list of Eternal Troll: https://eternaltroll.net/tier-list/
    Member of Supreme Legion
    We are legion, For we are many

IGN: SL Edain
    Telegram: @SLEDAIN

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Actualy very much so quit the opposite. The difference between tier 1 and 2 is nill. But it would be dumb to put everyone in tier 1. Its extremely balanced. Any of those tier 2 decks can beat those 1 decks. Any of them. And boris is a beast with the right build. Same with amber.

I dont think till you get to tier 4 that you have a major jump. Ive played many tier 3 heroes that beat a 1 that was piloted well. No its very balanced bro. Its way way way more about piloting and deck choice than hero. Way more. How youbplay the decknis a much more important factor.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd switch Zhanna and Zaladar, other than that pretty spot on. Maybe Amber in 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really firmly believe its less about hero and more unique decks and how they are piloted. Bob ross is a great example. His recently posted zhanna is ranked in the 340's. It s a unique unexpected deck that people are not teched for. I played against a garth that destroyed me yesterday. I had a great game plan and ahould have won. Why didnt I? Because he ran a very very different deck. By time the match was over he had at least 10 artifacts that were crushing me. It was a hybrid of aldamor and classic cards. I used my item removal as i shoild havem but i wasnt expecting the stuff he was throwing at me.

If you play a tried and true deck with a top tier hero you will do well. But if you shake up the meta with something no one is expecting and pilot it well you will likely do better. Unless your deck is crap of course.
    I feel lately it isnmess tier one two three and four. More like tier 1 and tier 4. With a lot of gray areas between. The world chamionship proved that. No mages, unique amber build, moonstalker wins etc etc. Ebb and flow.
    The real tier one hero is a unique and inventive deck that is piloted expertly. As it should be.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its not as much about the hero's not being balanced. It think the heroes are setup great. Its the card pool that each hero as vs other card pools which isn't as balanced as it should be. Look at the top ranked heroe's and compare them to rank 2 etc ,you instantly know which theres a huge difference in card pool available for types of decks. This is where a hero is a top hero or not.