Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb How can we make Meltdown popular again?

Hello SE universe.

Unfortunately, I have observed that it took more and more time to join 'Meltdown' games with an opponent.
    So I guess this format is currently not attractive enough for most of the players.

I've made some thoughts about the current situation.

Positive:
    - Awesome fun format
    - Use all cards independently from your selected hero
    - See and learn cards from all heroes, classes and factions
    - Do 'crazy' game maneuvers which never would be possible in a 'Rated' or 'Unrated' game
    - Weekly prizes

Negative:
    - Too complicate till you can start your game. Choose of your packs, choose of your hero, choose of your cards for your deck.
    This all tooks lots of lots of time, ergo too time-consuming
    - Too laborious to make a new choice of cards, if you think you have no 'good' cards in your packs
    - Often too long waiting till opponent joins the game, so you are a frustrated player
    - No 'Lost Lands' packs
    - Weekly prize pool not attractive enough. You can only reach the tops with the attractive prizes if you play and play and play
    every single free minute in the week till a new Meltdown week starts, ergo poor Work-Life-Balance

So... how can we - the SE universe & how can Wulven make Meltdown popular again?

>> What are your ideas? <<

Hopefully we have some great ideas to make this really cool format popular again.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The ability to use the same deck in one session. If you log out you have to build a new one but if you stay logged in and active you can use the same deck. Me personally i dont eant to build a new one each time. Thats why i dont olay. Otherwise inwould becuase its fun as hell
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    The ability to use the same deck in one session. If you log out you have to build a new one but if you stay logged in and active you can use the same deck. Me personally i dont eant to build a new one each time. Thats why i dont olay. Otherwise inwould becuase its fun as hell
    I agree here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Remove meltdown as it is from the game, introduce the meltdown option into the (forever delayed) tournaments section. Give tournament prizes instead.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well you only need to win 7-8 games a day to get into top 25 were the prizes are. I think that's fair.

Someone having a OP deck and keeping it is not ok , what if one of those were to fall into the wrong hands? one of the people that get 30-40 wins a day not to mention some of the m3ga wienies ahem i mean WINNERS that get 50-60 wins a day in the current system.

Lost Lands will get in after balancing ehhh that's gonna take a while.

For me building the deck is half the fun. And the uber wienies do it fast, whey know the best combinations of cards at a glance... it's like playing the piano some play tinkle tinkle little star and some Rahmaninov.

I had a idea once ... to make some stats for my lovely Top 10 ultron wienies so that people see how fluid the meltdown top really is. And I'll keep doing that till I ... quit :P.

My other idea would be is make the top % win based, or at least give some prizes for that. The top would look like this First place - 90% games won; Second Place Dude 71% games won etc. But I feel this "% win" thing would just make the meltdown grinders stop playing, sooo make 2 meltdown tops like in ranked score/rating.
    Last edited by klaus_nthr; 05-08-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    Remove meltdown as it is from the game, introduce the meltdown option into the (forever delayed) tournaments section. Give tournament prizes instead.
    Pretty much these two. The only Meltdown I've ever enjoyed was when we did it at physical events like Gencon where it was structured as a tournament. Letting you use that deck with both Ogloth and Aeon several games in a row, in a tournament no less, is far more entertaining than the one-shot deals we have now.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love building the decks. But i dont want to do it every single time. If you have the ability to keep the deck for at least 4 or 5 games that would be awesome. Or when you leave the server. But every single game gets old. Thats honestly my only gripe. I think better prizes for a larger grpup of oeople like the regular game wpuld be good. You have to get in top 10 to make it worth it. Where in the regular game even 100th place is not bad at all
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Make something similar to Hearthstone Arena
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd be up for keeping the same deck if you LOST with it in the last game (or if you get disconnected or the game ends too early); if you win with a deck, you should have to use a different one.

I would also like a rating system for Meltdown. Either just have the games be rated in the same system as normal matches, or have their own separate rating ladder.

Same with that, I'd like the option of setting private/unrated matches for Meltdown. I'd love to be able to play with friends or (in my case specifically) set up matches with specific users for my stream.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be nice if we could open 4 packs and then keep them until we build a deck and then actually use them.