Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rework Filters in the Merchant "Buy" Menu

Let's be honest, the "Hide Unusable" and "Show only Suggested Cards" filters aren't that great (the card type and pack list filters are fine as is, though they should maybe be updated to include "Heroes" "Locations" as a card type"). Upon first encounter, they''re not even all that good at conveying what they do. To be honest, I'm still not 100% certain what the purpose of "Hide unusable" is since it also unchecks the only other major filter and I've never taken the time to step through the entire card list to see if it adds any that unchecking only the second filter doesn't.

I propose we do away with these top 2 filters, and replace them with the following 2, completely independent, filters:

• "Can Afford": Essentially just a better naming of "Show Only Suggested". Maybe I just want to plan ahead for a deck I'm building, or look at what a strong card costs to know when I can go buy it. There should be a way to see what every potential/eventual option for your deck is, whether you can currently afford it or not, without having to step through (as far as I can tell) every card there is, including class specific cards you could never put in your current deck. Unchecking this filter would show every card that fits the alignment and class of your currently loaded deck.
    • "Can Use" (or "Can Use in Deck"): This is the filter that would allow you to look at other hero cards, and cards that do not fit with the alignment or class of your current deck. And no, this is actually not the same as "Hide unusable" since you can actually view other classes cards with "Hide Unusable" still checked but "Only Show Suggested unchecked (which begs the question, what does "Hide Unusable" even do? Just hides the Legendaries?)

The Most important part would be to make these 2 filters independent. View only cards I cards I can use and can afford? Sure. View all the cards I can put in this deck whether I can afford them or not? Absolutely. View every card I can currently afford regardless of what class/alignment it fits into? You can do that too. View every card there is, regardless of price or restriction? With these filters, using one, the other, both, or none will allow for each of these scenarios.

Frankly, I'm just tired of planning out a deck build while at a low gold level and not being given the option to look through all the cards I'll be able to put into this new deck without being bothered by all the cards I cant. What I've proposed here is a solution to this problem that, I feel, shouldn't be at all difficult to implement.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hide unusable hides things that your currently equiped hero cannot use. Without it you see everything. It would be a pain without. I use it all the time.

I would suggest buying some aramia 250 se packs and selling. They are worth abput 7000 gold.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Hide unusable hides things that your currently equiped hero cannot use. Without it you see everything. It would be a pain without. I use it all the time.

I would suggest buying some aramia 250 se packs and selling. They are worth abput 7000 gold.
    Raikka packs are worth more. I, on the other hand, find myself disabling the filter most of the time. I would rather have it turned off by default.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another thing that would be great that added is a button to sell all the repeated cards with a single click ^^

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Azbycx View Post
    Raikka packs are worth more. I, on the other hand, find myself disabling the filter most of the time. I would rather have it turned off by default.
    Thanks for clarifying. I meant raikka
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Hide unusable hides things that your currently equiped hero cannot use. Without it you see everything.
    Ok, I don't know if you're wrong or if both versions (mobile and PC) of my game are glitched, but when I go into the "Buy" menu and uncheck only "Only Show Suggested Cards", leaving "Hide Unusable" active (which I just did moments ago to double-check), the first page I'm presented with is all starter heroes, then followed by more heroes and the first few human allies, and so on (basically what I'm saying is, it's every card. Pretty sure the vast majority of these cards are cards that Gravebone (my "currently equipped hero") cannot use, and yet here they are being shown to me even with the "Hide Unusable" filter checked.

So maybe the filters don't need to be changed so much as they need to be fixed, because clearly this one's not doing its job.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My collection shows multiples of the same card. Why.