Close

Thread: Dawn Raid

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dawn Raid

Hey guys, so I've techhed this card into my deck

Dawn Raid

...but I'm hoping someone has an idea for better item removal. Should I replace with Artful Squire ? Is there a better option? I already have 3 Smashing Blow in the deck for armors and some weapons. I play with Talia Pureheart
    Last edited by DannyAIC; 05-04-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess it really matters what you want to be able to do. Generally I'd say the Smashing Blows are enough, 3 is certainly good enough for when you face weapons and armors. If you really feel the need to kill some other items like an Ill-Gotten Gains, then it just comes down to how often are you actually destroying 2 items at a time with it. Does that situation come up often? If so, the Dawn Raid is fine, if you're only finding yourself destroying 1 item at a time, is probably better to go with cheaper Artful Squire, who can also double as a body if the item destruction proves unneeded against your given opponent.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its good to consider against which heroes you like to use it... There is also Sorcerer of Endia which is damn good against wariors and some other decks...
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maskee
    Its good to consider against which heroes you like to use it... There is also Sorcerer of Endia which is damn good against wariors and some other decks...
    Ah yes, forgot about him. He gives an even wider range of things to destroy, plus a guaranteed body. Only condition is the requirement of at least 3 opposing items/abilities in play, but against certain decks that condition is easy.

Just comes down to where you feel you need it most really. Consider what heroes and classes give you the most trouble in this regard and figure out what is the best option to counter that.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the answers guys. So far I've found my biggest problem to be Eladwen and her damn stall tactics. I tecched in Sanctuary against Boris since I have no allies that cost more than 4 resources. But it's been very useful against plenty of other heroes as well. But I'm thinking Artful Squire to be the answer instead of Dawn Raid, I find myself burning it most of the time.

But against warrior abilities I have three A Legend Rises so that usually sates my anti-ability needs.
    Last edited by DannyAIC; 05-05-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In a deck full of cheap allies like yours, I wouldn't carry many, if any, tech cards.

Your focus should be to close the games as quickly as possible. If the game goes long, your allies will get outclassed anyways.

Play guys on turns 2, 3 and 4 to get board control. Then if they play an Ill Gotten Gains or Soul Seeker, just play another guy and smash their face. They can't benefit from their big cards if they're dead.

Sure sometime you'll lose to a Snow Sapphire or something like that, but aggressive decks will lose more often by drawing cards that don't apply pressure.

I played a fairly aggressive Tala at the start of Shattered Fates (link - it's outdated now but you'll see the concept - the deck could be more aggressive mind you, this one had a decent top end). I played 2 Smashing Blows (because it's cheap and it helps against very problematic and common problems) and 2 ALRs (because they can also be used offensively). I wouldn't play any extra tech though you could make a case for Sorcerer of Endia (because it doubles as a very decent body).
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, the deck isn't really an aggro deck, but it wants to finish by the 10th-15th round if possible. I'll show it to you guys so you get a feel for it:

Talia Pureheart

3 Yari Bladedancer
    3 Aldon the Brave
    3 Zailen Crusader
    2 Artful Squire
    4 Knight of Unaxio
    4 Fortified Wisp
    3 Elios' Resolve
    3 A Legend Rises
    4 Crippling Blow
    3 Sanctuary
    3 Smashing Blow
    4 Blood Frenzy
    2 Confluence of Fate

The knight of Unnaxio is the real key to the deck, the Fortified Wisp combined with Talia's powers is meant to protect him from being killed by all but hard removal. Smashing Blow is important for dealling with armors, especially snow sapphire or Armor of the ages, and can always feed the knight if it's not necessary