Close

Junior Member Piercing Serenity's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sustain Ruling / New Eternal Troll Ruling

Quick Questions:

1. To the best of my knowledge, Sustain effects take place at the end of the controlling players turn, while other DoT effects (Like the health loss from Blood frenzy) takes place at the beginning of the controlling players turn. Is this intentional, and is this the rule of thumb for sustain cards moving forward?

2. I played against someone using two Eternal Trolls (ElderMutsu), but I couldn't kill one of his trolls in one hit. Why was that? Do I need to attack the left-most ally to bypass the ability? I was just very confused about that

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi.

1. It's intentional that sustain costs are paid at the end of the turn. It's done at the time that your cards would normally be readied (unexhausted) - if they have a sustain cost that can't be paid then they are killed/destroyed rather than readied. DOTs are entirely separate and have just always been applied at the start of the turn, as defined on the cards like Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames.

2. I saw your bug report and answered this there. Maybe you didn't see. I'm assuming you're talking about killing them on your turn. If so, then at the start of your turn, no Eternal Troll has entered play that turn. This meets the condition for the first Eternal Troll to return to play when killed, but then the second won't meet its condition.

Hope that helps!