Tournaments Won
    He is a good card. For 7cc it has great value. OP? Nah

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasia View Post
    His name is Oliver Fagin, it's a very clever reference to Charles Dickens's Fagin from Oliver Twist novel. And it's one of the greatest cards in the game, but it's not OP by any means. In fact, 7cc ally with a conditional ability and conditional strengh is not so strong. Try to see the whole picture, not only how big of a treat a card is for you in a given match-up.
    It's more like he keeps losing to it and wants something done to address how he cannot beat it.

Anyway...

The only time Oliver could of been considered ridiculous was during the whole Garina fiasco back in January. But that was more on the fault of Garina, rather than Oliver.

Also, I rarely ever have him at 8 attack. I find myself having 3 to 5 attack on average.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Here is my opinion on the matter and i think that many people will agree. Next time you think a card or deck is too strong ttry using it. Find a good garth or serena deck with oli and try it. You might be shocked to find its not as good as you think. Put yourself in the other persons shoes. Try it for a dozen games and see what happens. That way you can make an informed decision rather than just thinking that a card is too good. I can tell you oli is not op at all. Compare him to say dakrath. Both are 7cc. However dakrath has damage reduction cant be crippled can be frozen. Hes very strong. Or nathanies. Amazing stats and a conditional free ally. For 7cc an ally needs to be powerful. So find a good thief deck and try it. But you need to male informed and educated opinions on what to nerf or call for a nerf. And you cant unless you play with thise cards.
    I agree. As a rogue players I can say that he is not OP. It's a good card if you use it wisely, it's not good itself in any situation. Sometimes I keep it in my hand the entire match just to steal that buffed ally or night owl or something with stealth, and then you would think "Oh, it's OP, see what it did, it won the game." As long rogues need to kill allies to draw, sometimes it's better just kill the cost 3 ally than steal it...
    Messenger of the misty night
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranĝelo View Post
    I agree. As a rogue players I can say that he is not OP. It's a good card if you use it wisely, it's not good itself in any situation. Sometimes I keep it in my hand the entire match just to steal that buffed ally or night owl or something with stealth, and then you would think "Oh, it's OP, see what it did, it won the game." As long rogues need to kill allies to draw, sometimes it's better just kill the cost 3 ally than steal it...
    Yup thats my point. Thats whybi said put yourself in the shoes of the op deck and find outhow op it is. I have seen a couple things that i thought were truly op and i played those decks for weeks before screaming about nerfs. The brand new LL twilight was one and the old farina road. I played a ton of games with them before going on the forum and requesting a nerf. Because i saw forst hand how truly op they were.

Fristar get a rogue deck and try it with oliver. Youll find out hes a good ally hes solid but he is not op at all. Thank you rangelo for supporting your beliefs. Well worded.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    It's more like he keeps losing to it and wants something done to address how he cannot beat it.

Anyway...

The only time Oliver could of been considered ridiculous was during the whole Garina fiasco back in January. But that was more on the fault of Garina, rather than Oliver.

Also, I rarely ever have him at 8 attack. I find myself having 3 to 5 attack on average.
    if you were using oliver back with garina, you were using garina wrong. aeon, nathan, eriss, ancient of aldmor, even viska were better

i was working on a deck with earthen protector (then garine got nerfed, so wasted my time on that deck... like several others). wait for the right moment, cast earthen, , attack with a weakened fattie...
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 04-24-2016 at 01:37 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    His name is Oliver Fagin, it's a very clever reference to Charles Dickens's Fagin from Oliver Twist novel.

OoOoh, you are an educated fellow. Yes, I think Oliver Fagin is responsible for training those little Stop Thief kids corrupting society...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    he is actually thats the real reason he needs nerfing. get him off the streets and stop him corrupting those kids
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A terrible thing, Oliver...nerfin'...You don't even have to be guilty, they'll nerf you for anything these days, that's because they're so very fond of nerfin'!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    A terrible thing, Oliver...nerfin'...You don't even have to be guilty, they'll nerf you for anything these days, that's because they're so very fond of nerfin'!
    Course. When you're leveling a mountain, there will always be a next highest peak. One building will always be taller than the others. Seems some people wont be happy until everything is razed to the ground; when everything is finally the same hight
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oliver is fine as is. He is a good card and a game-winner, but only in very situational circumstances. If you have 6 cards in hand and a draw engine and your opponent has 1 PotL on board, yes, it may win you that game. If you have an empty hand and the one card you draw on turn 8 is Oliver and they have no 3 or under allies, you aren't coming back with an Oliver.