Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oliver Fang needs a scale back on card damage I think. Opinions?

For seven u steal a enemy ally and also have a 8-9 dmg ally.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No he is fine. Hes unique expensive and not a 8 7 its very conditional.

Ive seen him with 2 or 3 attack just as often
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no, i think he should be nerfed. we could have his attack based off your own SE total.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    His name is Oliver Fagin, it's a very clever reference to Charles Dickens's Fagin from Oliver Twist novel. And it's one of the greatest cards in the game, but it's not OP by any means. In fact, 7cc ally with a conditional ability and conditional strengh is not so strong. Try to see the whole picture, not only how big of a treat a card is for you in a given match-up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    no, i think he should be nerfed. we could have his attack based off your own SE total.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasia View Post
    His name is Oliver Fagin, it's a very clever reference to Charles Dickens's Fagin from Oliver Twist novel. And it's one of the greatest cards in the game, but it's not OP by any means. In fact, 7cc ally with a conditional ability and conditional strengh is not so strong. Try to see the whole picture, not only how big of a treat a card is for you in a given match-up.
    Ive never seen someone use him with only two cards in there hands. Its always a full hand, so 8 dmg plus he steals an ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Ive never seen someone use him with only two cards in there hands. Its always a full hand, so 8 dmg plus he steals an ally.
    False. Ive seen it plenty of times. And honestly if your opponent always has a fullnhand all the time I think you need to revisit what item desteuction or lack therof your using. Even serena shouldn't have a full hand all the time. Use your smashing blows. And the stealing an ally isnt that big a deal. Its only a 3cc ally. Plus hes late game. Hes fine.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is fine. Literally no one complained about him back in shattered fates. Honestly he is just as good as Nathanious, people's champion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is my opinion on the matter and i think that many people will agree. Next time you think a card or deck is too strong ttry using it. Find a good garth or serena deck with oli and try it. You might be shocked to find its not as good as you think. Put yourself in the other persons shoes. Try it for a dozen games and see what happens. That way you can make an informed decision rather than just thinking that a card is too good. I can tell you oli is not op at all. Compare him to say dakrath. Both are 7cc. However dakrath has damage reduction cant be crippled can be frozen. Hes very strong. Or nathanies. Amazing stats and a conditional free ally. For 7cc an ally needs to be powerful. So find a good thief deck and try it. But you need to male informed and educated opinions on what to nerf or call for a nerf. And you cant unless you play with thise cards.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar
    That's just good strategy, most people know that playing him at a full hand gives the most value. Better to play him at a full hand and just keep him at a high attack always than play at a low attack and rely on being able to draw enough stuff to make him gain a significant amount. If anything it's just Rogues having good draw options to allow them usually assure this.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator