Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NestMegatron View Post
    I am one of those players who has gotten bored of this game. I have quit playing completely, I have left all of the SE Telegram chats, and have deleted the app from my devices. HS just came out with a new expansion. So far in the new expansion there are a few "OP" cards. That's fine. Because every other class balances the "OP" cards out. To me that works, in SE they didn't balance every class, and new expansions are supposed to change the meta, not have the same decks with minimal card changes. Instead of balancing out the classes, SE just seems to nerf the cards that players an NPE with. Guess what? That happens sometimes. Blizzard is a huge company, and I'm sure they have NPE's all the time, but they don't nerf a card because 3 players are upset like SE does. No hard feeling but, Wulven seems to be running the game into the ground. We were promised new campaigns, and in game guilds over a year ago now. That's pretty ridiculous that you guys would release that information when YOU ARENT EVEN CLOSE to finishing it, and releasing it. Also, for me there is no future for me in the game. The World Championships on this game isn't even rewarding, $500 for first place is nothing compared to what other games are doing, so I'd say that as long as this game doesn't have the funds to have a big esport payout, that it'll continue to die. Cheers.
    Didn't you already quit once before due to nerfs? Didn't HS just nerf a bunch of cards and also rotate out a couple of sets? Rotating out is like nerfing to the ground, isn't it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just give it time its coming in parts, however I would like to see some of the promised features for version 3.0 of the game implemented soon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tend to disagree with a lot of this thread. I've been playing a year or so (maybe two... lost track). Before LL came out there were always 2-3 decks that were the best. What is the top deck now? Is there one? I see a lot of Garth, but it's not always the same deck. I mean, before LL you would play pyromia every 3rd game and it was ALWAYS the same. You'd see her in the beginning and you could play the opponents hand for them it was so predictable. Now you get some humuculus, some garth, some undead, milstalker... I don't think I've had a game in a while where I knew exactly what the other guy was going to play every turn (which is completely boring). To me there is more variety now then before and that's a good thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The DT has done a fine job at balancing the set so far and I'm positive the majority of the player base are happy with where we're at. The rest are just a very vocal minority.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Didn't you already quit once before due to nerfs? Didn't HS just nerf a bunch of cards and also rotate out a couple of sets? Rotating out is like nerfing to the ground, isn't it?
    Actually the opposite.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post579721

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Oh. People are free to change their minds, I guess. Makes it harder to keep them happy though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Actually the opposite.
    What G means is it's basically nerfing them so bad they are unplayable. Since you don't put them in your decks anymore. At least that's what I got from it.
    Rotation is bad for a game, but good also. Would I just hate an environment where mind control, and wave are gone? Sign me up, but those are kinda iconic cards that define a hero so are needed in a sense.
    My biggest complaint is the time needed to release a set. I can't believe we don't even have any spoilers for the next part of LL yet. I personally wouldn't mind seeing and being able to play the cards and worry about the art later. Like they did with the last set. Grow the game to make it interesting.
    All that said this is my favorite card game out right now. Didn't even go to the last magic release because I'd rather put that money toward getting cards for a game I can play whenever I want and on my phone than buying cardboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Could be better than fire snake version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    People are ignoring the fact that lost lands is coming out in at least 3 parts, and treating it like part 1 is a major expansion, which it isn't. All the balance changes make some sense. Don't forget that the design team and Pfg have access to things not even seen yet, so I can imagine people changing their minds when the future parts and expansions are released

Another thing to consider is SE is a non rotating format. All the cards so far are available for use, meaning that newer sets are going to affect things less because people like to stick to the decks they are good at playing and tweak them when something better comes out.

Even in magic which has new sets every 3 months, the meta doesn't fluctuate a massive amount until sets rotate out of the standard format. It's the way these games work, deal with it
    I whole heatedly agree with this.

I didn't play much during CotC, but IIRC, Elad Rush was the go-to Rush Deck. Then Dark Prophecies happened, and it still was the go-to Rush Deck, and not much changed on the general Deck lists used. Same thing more or less is happening now. Some of the Meta shifted, but not all of it. Some in fact just got bolstered more.

There is however releases can "ruin" the game.

Let's take Yu-gi-oh releases as an example, and rewind all the way back to 2005. From April 2005 to August 2005, that was known as the "Goat Format", being dubbed from the name of the top contending Meta Deck, Goat Control. It is considered by veteran players as one of the most skillful, if not the most skillful, Metas in history of the game. Come August, was the release of the set, Cybernetic Revolution, which introduced the card, Cyber Dragon. This card alone "ruined" the game, since not only did it utterly destroy FTA, but also destroyed a lot of the risk-reward in the game, devaluing a lot of cards in the game at the time.

What it did was, if you had no monsters on the board and your opponent did, you could Special Summon it from your hand. It also had a relatively big body at the time as well. Special Summons, unlike Normal Summons, can be performed an unlimited number of times per turn, and were actually considered "Special" at the time, where as Normal Summons are limited to once per turn.

With this card, if you went first and Summoned a monster, your opponent could easily respond back with a Cyber Dragon, while then still having their once per turn Normal Summon available to push their board advantage even more. It also devalued cards like Airknight Parshath which were considered good before its release. That card had a fair amount of risk in using, as it required you to sacrifice a monster to Normal Summon, and although it's stats were not super high in comparison to other monsters that also require a sacrifice, it had a very high reward payout if you play it correctly. Cyber Dragon ruined this as it could be Summoned essentially for free and just run right over it. Doing so was a fairly low risk, high reward scenario.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like a date when the next cards are released? is there one yet

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    I would like a date when the next cards are released? is there one yet

We're already 8 pages into the thread, there's probably no answer to your original question...

Dude, look at the chaos you have started, lol