Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Newish player - bit of strategy questions

Hi guys, I've played shadowera off and on for about a year now, really enjoy it. At first I've gotta be honest I thought the game was so stupid, but I've realized how much I've enjoyed the use of cards as resources enabling yourself to adapt to different opponents.

I have two questions: One, a lot of people seem to like bad santa and bazaar but I don't quite understand why. Bazaar I can sort of unerstand since you will have full resources to cast what you draw, but Bad Santa not only are you giving your opponent three cards you're spending resources to do it, and maybe not cast what you draw. Thoughts?

My second question is more about deck analysis. I am playing a boris deck, with the idea that I can completely shut down my opponent's allies. I played against 4 different decks 2 of which I crushed, one which was a hunter weapon deck (you can imagine how that went...) and a deck against quick creatures using some really nasty artifacts.

My question is should I tech cards in to deal with these things? Against a normal weapon deck, my deck is gonna fail 95% of the time anyway unless I get seriously lucky. I usually keep 2 smashing blows (or whatever they're called in my deck anyway) I've added some Artful Squire for items, thinking how they can be used for resources if I'm not playing an item heavy deck.

Here's my deck. Sorry I don't know how to link to card images.

Allies: 3 Yari Bladedancer, 2 Dirk Saber, 3 Twilight Opportunist, 2 Eternal Troll, 3 Aldon the Brave, 3 Marshland Sentinel, 2 Artful Squire, 3 Raven Wildheart, 2 Braxnorian Soldier

Abilities/Other: 2 Rejuvenating Ritual, 4 Crippling Blow, 3 Smashing Blow, 3 Shield Bash, 3 Blood Frenzy, 3 War Banner, 2 Snow Sapphire, 2 King's Pride

I like the concept of being able to lock down my opponets allies causing him not to be able to cast anymore. The aldmor chieftains and boris are there to clear up esepcially troublesome allies that have nasty abilities
    Last edited by DannyAIC; 04-25-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bad santa is ok. If you opponent has a full hand they dont get cards. And sometimes you just dont care if they get cards. But you shouldnallways gonfor unilateral draw insteas. Bazaar is very bleh.

I would look up some other boris decks first. Shielf bash rejuv ritual snow saphire and a mix of twilights and reg allies is just not angood combination. There are some excellent borisndecks in the forum. Ill find some and link to you. And allways 4 blood frenzy. Allways.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    Bad santa is ok. If you opponent has a full hand they dont get cards. And sometimes you just dont care if they get cards. But you shouldnallways gonfor unilateral draw insteas. Bazaar is very bleh.

I would look up some other boris decks first. Shielf bash rejuv ritual snow saphire and a mix of twilights and reg allies is just not angood combination. There are some excellent borisndecks in the forum. Ill find some and link to you. And allways 4 blood frenzy. Allways.
    Thanks for your reply.

1. But aren't you worried about a wasted draw putting in 4 bloody frenzy's in a nearly 40 card deck?

2. The strategy behind the deck is probably not apparent from the sorting of allies I've put in. I've actually thought it out a bit. Cards like twilight opporunists and Yari bladedancers are there to help with early game control and late game ridding of really painful allies. Marshland sentinels and Raven wildheart are there to lock down opposing allies that I don't want to kill. I want my opponent to fill up his side with allies that he can't attack with or use. that's why 4 crippling blows also. Snow sapphire is to help with opposing allies or heroes trying to attack my hero, slowing my opponent down even further. War banner and King's pride are there for extra oomph and final control of the board.

Given that info, would you still think that the mix is rough? I've thought about replacing rejuvinating ritual with retreat but then if I do use retreat on my own guys, I have to recast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes i do think its rough. If I played against you I would kill
    Or disable raven first so she would never get a chance to shine and you need another twilight ally out to even take advantage of opportunist. Ahes good but in a pure twilight deck. Marshland would be okish in a tala deck where you can protect. Same with raven. And blood frenzy is allways 4 of becuase you want to draw as soon as possible.

This is an excellent boris deck tou can easily get to 280 to 300 rating. It is outstanding as far as boris goes. Deck building requires a lot of knowledge of the game. Im terrible and have been in top 100 multiple times have watched virtually every single you tube video and have played the game for over 2 years. And my decks are awful. I highly recommend using fine tuned high rating decks posted in forum untill you get a guild that can help you fine tune yours.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-(AGGRO)-Haste
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also in the future space your allies out. And if you spell them correctly the images link them selves. Like this

Boris

Blood frenzy
    Aldon the brave
    Smashing blow
    Kings pride
    War banner

Place cards on individual.lines by hitting enter after each one. And if you spelll them right image auto appears. Except lost lands. Those arenlinked hy development team yet
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a nice website with some good content. They have a nice tala deck im using right nkw with a video to explain it.

http://eternaltroll.net/
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The nerd is spot on.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    The nerd is spot on.
    Thank you but i dont appreciate being called a nerd. Kinda rude. And hurtful.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    This is a nice website with some good content. They have a nice tala deck im using right nkw with a video to explain it.

http://eternaltroll.net/
    Thanks this is great

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyAIC View Post
    Thanks this is great
    Yeah awesome content. Try that tala deck. Its solid. Anyways hope my advice helps. Good luck.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Greatness Reborn