Thread: Rabid Badger

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rabid Badger

aka Ytahn's pet

Hunter ally
    4cc
    2 attack, 5 health
    Haste. After Rabid Badger attacks, it gains 2 attack until the end of turn, unless it has already gained 2 attack this turn, then it gains stealth until the beginning of your next turn instead.

The perfect ally for Ythan. Haste in, get buffed, attack for 2 ambush, then 4 ambush, then gain stealth to help it stay on the board for a turn. Not sure if the cost/stats are correct, but I think it's a good starting point for what Ythan needs to start being more competitive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    considering bobcat is 2/5 with conditional haste your way overpowered in current form. same stats, no conditional haste, and temp attack boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    considering bobcat is 2/5 with conditional haste your way overpowered in current form. same stats, no conditional haste, and temp attack boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bobcat is 3/5
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, i think too its a bit op and more complicated than it should be

If i were to design a card for Ythan (which can be useful with other hunters too) i'll go for a bit of a different direction, like:

XY
    Hunter ally
    4cc (probably 5)
    1/1 (probably a bit more health)
    Haste. Ambush. When XY deals combat damage to an ally (or an ally with cost 4 or less if its too strong), that ally is killed.

This way Ythan has the ability to kill 2 allies for 4(or 5)cc and 3se and having a 1/1(or more) body on board (synergising with things like WotF or Anmors Call); while other hunters still can use it as a (sorta) instakill card. And it has its counters in combat damage reduction and anti-haste.

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by FunkyGandalf; 04-17-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    I am Gandalf The Green.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I remember when I first got my Ythan Foil in premium pack, one thought came to mind: "oh crap."

...He could use some help. Ythan's like the giant squid; people know he exists, but nobody has actually ever seen one in action.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    I remember when I first got my Ythan Foil in premium pack, one thought came to mind: "oh crap."

...He could use some help. Ythan's like the giant squid; people know he exists, but nobody has actually ever seen one in action.
    Ythan is a good Hero all he needs is a decent card pool. If he were a rogue, he would be used a lot more. Cards like Anklebreaker, Night Owl, Backstab synergize with his ability so lovely...
    But I'm sure someday you will be proud of having a shiny handsome Ythan in your collection

+1 to Badger