Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skervox buff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

skervox buff

can his ability be changed to include all hunter cards? right now it is difficult to use his ability optimal. it needs some enemy allies to make use of the negative effects and at the same time you have to be on a turn where it is appropriate for you to play allies. many skervox decks are solo or semi solo so this would fit him better i think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I wouldnt count on him getting a buff. His ability is far more useful than is currently prevelant. In fact, you're probably gonna start hearing nerf cries in the upcoming months
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think if he got more utility allies with good on summon abilities then he could make better use of his ability. but right now he is on the weaker side. i doubt anyone would want to nerf him as he is now.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    I wouldnt count on him getting a buff. His ability is far more useful than is currently prevelant. In fact, you're probably gonna start hearing nerf cries in the upcoming months
    I was thinking he seems a little strong to me. Thankfully alot of people dont use him but hes like a garth on crack. Little op. Maybe change to 6se?
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its ok i think

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    His posioned/disabled part is already good. Its a Poisoned Arrow that scales up with every ally your opponent has. So even if opponent has 2 allies its like you added 2 Poisoned Arrows to your hand and played them for free. Thats almost like you ramped 4 resources that turn. The value goes way up with more allies in play. Second part is also resource ramp. It will get better as more hunter allies are added to the game. Its akin to Wildfang and he got nerfed because it proved too overwhelming.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But your opponent knows better than to flood the board - it's like tidalwave, but more predicable. Spread out your ally deployment to force Skervox to trigger ability whilst you still have allies left to play.

You can control it so it doesn't hit more than 2 allies at once. In that regard, it's worth two Poison Arrows (i.e. 4cc), which is very similar to Zaladar's built-in Chain Lightning. Similar also to Eladwen's 4 damage (i.e 3CC fireball) plus freeze. You get a little bonus to deploy allies, but this is ok because poison / disable is not quite as powerful as all-out damage.

TL;DR - it's fine; better hunter allies is also fine

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I fought with 120 cards Stallvox and it was pretty damn hard, he/she also at the range 280-300, a buff would make him into almost NPE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He's already borderline NPE reminiscent of Millstalker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thats strange because i play against 280 to 340 players and almost never see skervox. and if you lose against a 120 deck then either he was very lucky or your deck was not good. hes nowhere near millstalker because he cant heal as good so mages can take him down easily if they can deal with spelleaters band if he even can draw it from his 120 deck.