Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    409
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    ok thank you it must been a coincidence. i just thought the chances were too low that it would happend so maybe something was a bug like if they changed some coding recently.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    93
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    ok thank you it must been a coincidence. i just thought the chances were too low that it would happend so maybe something was a bug like if they changed some coding recently.
    Odds are funny this way. For example 100 heads on a fair coin in a row is equally likely as 55 heads and 45 tales because what we forget as humans is that each coin flip is its own event and is not being influenced by any of the other flips

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    639
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Odds are funny this way. For example 100 heads on a fair coin in a row is equally likely as 55 heads and 45 tales because what we forget as humans is that each coin flip is its own event and is not being influenced by any of the other flips
    Ah no. That's not true. There are lots of different ways of getting 55 heads and 45 tails (i.e. 1H, 45T, 54H) each of which is as likely as 100H. Take a smaller sample of 4 tosses. Outcomes are HH, TT, HT, TH. So there is a 50% chance of getting one tail and one head (HT and TH) but only a 1/4 chance of 2 heads.

    If you mean that 100H is the same probability of 55H in a row and then 45T in a row, then you are right. But that's not what you said

  4. #24
    Senior Member bobrossw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,406
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Opponent has Cinderborn Fatebreaker in play, I summon Bobcat, I summon Hunter's Gambit, Cinderborn triggers and Gambit goes to graveyard, Bobcats do not get haste.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    93
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Opponent has Cinderborn Fatebreaker in play, I summon Bobcat, I summon Hunter's Gambit, Cinderborn triggers and Gambit goes to graveyard, Bobcats do not get haste.
    I believe that is the intended effect because cinder born fate breaker says the ability "has no effect" in this case meaning it is like you never played the ability but lost the resources and a card and the fate breaker died

  6. #26
    Senior Member tafkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    EARTH
    Posts
    615
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I believe that is the intended effect because cinder born fate breaker says the ability "has no effect" in this case meaning it is like you never played the ability but lost the resources and a card and the fate breaker died
    disagree - the act of summoning triggers the cinderborn and thus must also trigger bobcat since they are both triggered by an act of summoning. By your description cinderborn would also prevent himself from being triggered which can't happen. Bobcat does not require the ability of the summon to succeed just like cinderborn doesn't require it's ability to succeed as it in fact cancels the ability (it can not however cancel a summon) - the ability of hunters gambit has not effect, but the ability of bobcat is a different story

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    93
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    disagree - the act of summoning triggers the cinderborn and thus must also trigger bobcat since they are both triggered by an act of summoning. By your description cinderborn would also prevent himself from being triggered which can't happen. Bobcat does not require the ability of the summon to succeed just like cinderborn doesn't require it's ability to succeed as it in fact cancels the ability (it can not however cancel a summon) - the ability of hunters gambit has not effect, but the ability of bobcat is a different story
    Let me phrase it differently. Cinderborn cancels the effect of the card. Bobcat gaining haste and ambush when a hunter ability is summoned is an effect. Gambit is a hunter ability that would activate Bobcat's effect therefore for gambit to have no effect it would also not trigger Bobcat otherwise it would have an effect

  8. #28
    Senior Member BP Holy Punisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK (GMT+0)
    Posts
    1,460
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I agree with jpm. It is the same as having an Enchanted Oak on board. It will return the card to your hand without letting Bobcat gain its haste/ambush. Because it is like you never played that card.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn


    Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

  9. #29
    Senior Member bobrossw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,406
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Cinderborn cancels the effect of the card. Bobcat gaining haste and ambush when a hunter ability is summoned is an effect.
    Bobcat gaining haste is an effect of bobcat, not the card that triggered it, therefore it's beyond the scope of Cinderborn's ability. Cinderborn's ability is exactly the same as bobcat's. They are both triggered by summoning. The only difference between the two is SRO says that Bobcat should trigger first. If Cinderborn could cancel Bobcat's ability, then it would have to cancel its own ability as well.

    Incidentally this bug was already addressed fairly recently with regards to how it affects Confluence of Fate, which has been fixed so that it now correctly triggers and draws cards even if an attachment was nullified by Cinderborn.

    Also regarding enchcanted oak - I haven't noticed since I never see anyone playing that card, but if it prevents other cards like CoF, incense of atonement, or Bobcat from triggering in response to a summon, then I would argue that it is also bugged.

    I think what's happened here is that people have gotten used to the way that the card works in the game, and didn't realize that it's not consistent with the wording of the card or rules of SRO.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 06-26-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

  10. #30
    Senior Member XanteseZerylliom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,299
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Based on wording alone, I have to agree with bobrossw. If they shouldn't interact as he's suggesting, the wording on one or more cards needs to be changed.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

    IGN: TJ Xantese

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •